FPV Propellor problem. DJI doesn't fly up !
8778 58 2021-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burndog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36 ft
United States

The wiring on the ESC is correct. The attachment to the other end requires desoldering which I'm not wanting to do at this point.

Likely a software issue and if we can do a full reset and dump the upgrade software we might be able to sort this ourselves?
2021-3-15
Use props
Burndog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36 ft
United States

Here's a video of the front right motor doing the opposite of what it should be doing.
https://sgdesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/props.mp4

2021-3-15
Use props
fans50c2b7a2
New
Flight distance : 13189 ft
Netherlands

Burndog Posted at 3-15 07:32
Here's a video of the front right motor doing the opposite of what it should be doing.

I should send this thing back ASAP.
Let them fix this problem and send you a new one !
2021-3-15
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fans50c2b7a2 Posted at 3-15 07:44
I should send this thing back ASAP.
Let them fix this problem and send you a new one !

2021-3-15
Use props
LeXx2105
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5531749 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Burndog Posted at 3-15 07:32

Exactly like mine!

I just got a return slip from Dji Support.

The part now goes back and that's it.

Too bad.

Everyone else with the same problem, I hope I get help quickly, preferably from a software update without sending it back.

Thanks to everyone who wanted to help.
2021-3-15
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

DroneJunkieQc Posted at 3-15 05:26
Yes I realized many people are having this issue. Maybe an unexperienced employee at DJI loaded wrong motors in the production line causing a good amount of them to have this problem. But then again it should not have passed a final test at the end of the production line.

hold on fellows,
There is no such a think as wrong motors. The direction of rotation can been determent in two way s on a brushless motor 1. by changing the order of two of the three wires where the motor gets it's power from or 2. telling certain ESC to propel the motor the other direction. In the first case you need to de-solder two of the three wires from the ESC and swap them around. This will change the direction of rotation.  In the second case you need to be able to change setting of the ESC which is responsible of the motor with wrong rotation. The current software does not support changing of rotation and I can imagine that those who ware able to do it received the quads with either beta firmware or test firmware. It is alo possible that some people changed the direction by accident and updated the software afterwards which disabled the option.For those who know how the soldering ireon works just perform as described here above or goggle for "changing brushless motor direction"...

2021-3-15
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

Burndog Posted at 3-15 07:19
[view_image]

The wiring on the ESC is correct. The attachment to the other end requires desoldering which I'm not wanting to do at this point.

There is no such a think as wrong motors. The direction of rotation can been determent in two ways on a brushless motor 1. by changing the order of two of the three wires where the motor gets it's power from or 2. telling certain ESC to propel the motor the other direction. In the first case you need to de-solder two of the three wires from the ESC and swap them around. This will change the direction of rotation.  In the second case you need to be able to change setting of the ESC which is responsible of the motor with wrong rotation. The current software does not support changing of rotation and I can imagine that those who ware able to do it, received the quads with either beta firmware or test firmware. It is alo possible that some people changed the direction by accident and updated the software afterwards, which disabled the option. For those who know how the soldering iron works just perform as described here above or goggle for "changing brushless motor direction"...

2021-3-15
Use props
LeXx2105
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5531749 ft
  • >>>
Germany

tomekyo Posted at 3-15 08:46
hold on fellows,
There is no such a think as wrong motors. The direction of rotation can been determent in two way s on a brushless motor 1. by changing the order of two of the three wires where the motor gets it's power from or 2. telling certain ESC to propel the motor the other direction. In the first case you need to de-solder two of the three wires from the ESC and swap them around. This will change the direction of rotation.  In the second case you need to be able to change setting of the ESC which is responsible of the motor with wrong rotation. The current software does not support changing of rotation and I can imagine that those who ware able to do it received the quads with either beta firmware or test firmware. It is alo possible that some people changed the direction by accident and updated the software afterwards which disabled the option.For those who know how the soldering ireon works just perform as described here above or goggle for "changing brushless motor direction"...

Yes, that's right, thank you, I knew that, but I didn't want to re-solder the cables on the device. In order to guarantee.

For me it was so that I could change the directions of the motors in the settings via the googles. Then unfortunately the update came in and I couldn't cancel it either.

I didn't consciously change anything there, but it might still be possible. I don't want to talk myself out of that.

Just brought the package to the post office. If I had still not heard from the support, I would have considered re-soldering.

Thank you very much for your effort
2021-3-15
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

LeXx2105 Posted at 3-15 09:24
Yes, that's right, thank you, I knew that, but I didn't want to re-solder the cables on the device. In order to guarantee.

For me it was so that I could change the directions of the motors in the settings via the googles. Then unfortunately the update came in and I couldn't cancel it either.

Sorry to hear that. This is the way we used to change direction of the motors in DIY builds before the BL-heli software enabled this software feature ... If it happened to me I'd definitely chose this option. If you don't know how to properly solder you can better follow the DJI way.
2021-3-15
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

tomekyo Posted at 3-15 08:46
hold on fellows,
There is no such a think as wrong motors. The direction of rotation can been determent in two way s on a brushless motor 1. by changing the order of two of the three wires where the motor gets it's power from or 2. telling certain ESC to propel the motor the other direction. In the first case you need to de-solder two of the three wires from the ESC and swap them around. This will change the direction of rotation.  In the second case you need to be able to change setting of the ESC which is responsible of the motor with wrong rotation. The current software does not support changing of rotation and I can imagine that those who ware able to do it received the quads with either beta firmware or test firmware. It is alo possible that some people changed the direction by accident and updated the software afterwards which disabled the option.For those who know how the soldering ireon works just perform as described here above or goggle for "changing brushless motor direction"...

Well obviously something was installed wrong over and over for so many people having the same problem. I would also bet that it's a less experienced person making the mistakes, We all have to start somewhere in a company lol.
2021-3-15
Use props
fansf1151aaa
lvl.1
United States

I have the exact problem as the picture in #21 - right front spinning wrong direction. I guess call for a replacement?????
2021-3-21
Use props
djiuser_lk8PCpxFn2DS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1667 ft
United States

So at the cost of being called a moron and being roasted really hard I actually just had a flyaway because of this issue... (kind of)

I put the props on right then after trying to take off like 6-10 times (maiden flight), I think the fact it wasn't lifting off and I just put down ~$2000 for combo and fly more I wasn't thinking straight, and I made the really poor choice and reverse the props to see if it was because the props were spinning in reverse.

I think you know what happened but it took off like a rocket and became uncontrollable. was spinning erratically in the air (this was in Normal mode). It supposedly ended up in a canopy of trees on a ranch, which the owner of that ranch was kind enough to both let me on their land and help search but despite having the GPS coordinates, I only hope were accurate. It was looking for a needle in a haystack, atm all the trees are too dense with leaves.

I've opened up a case with DJI Care, but now it looks like apart from the stupid mistake, I might have had a faulty unit, to begin with not that it changes anything that happened...

So yah...
2021-3-23
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe this one, just had an FPV Combo come back with this exact issue. Motors have been installed incorrectly at the factory. We have video proof of the motors rotating in the wrong direction.
2021-5-5
Use props
fans50c2b7a2
New
Flight distance : 13189 ft
Netherlands

DubSound Posted at 5-5 23:42
I believe this one, just had an FPV Combo come back with this exact issue. Motors have been installed incorrectly at the factory. We have video proof of the motors rotating in the wrong direction.

Just send it back !
Believe me, this problem is on the side of DJI. They need to fix it !

I did and recieved a new one the next day !
2021-5-6
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans50c2b7a2 Posted at 5-6 05:45
Just send it back !
Believe me, this problem is on the side of DJI. They need to fix it !

We work in distribution, we've already sent it back
2021-5-6
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DubSound Posted at 5-5 23:42
I believe this one, just had an FPV Combo come back with this exact issue. Motors have been installed incorrectly at the factory. We have video proof of the motors rotating in the wrong direction.

It would be worth while if we could get a picture of the wires for a drone that is wired incorrectly and one that is good. If the colour coding is identical then it would mean that DJIs motor suppliers have not wired the motors with the consistent correct colour codes.

And DJ'sI QA is sadly lacking.
2021-5-6
Use props
djiuser_WKUKyt2P2Omh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2316837 ft
United Kingdom

I have just bought a DJI FPV plus the motion controller and the fly more kit and after spending all day charging and updating all four motor on my FPV are spinning backwards, all props are on correct motors, red to red and black to black, and all the props are spinning trailing edge forward. This is really poor.
PXL_20210601_191140694.jpg
2021-6-1
Use props
djiuser_Q9shgvIsbqcK
New
Flight distance : 69931 ft
United States

Can I ask a question? I just saw y'all's comments about propellers.  Lol I'm new just changed a set. OK I went to the email and clicked on the link.
2022-3-21
Use props
EmilioPilex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145531 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_Q9shgvIsbqcK Posted at 3-21 17:34
Can I ask a question? I just saw y'all's comments about propellers.  Lol I'm new just changed a set.  OK I went to the email and clicked on the link.

Hey,

So whats the problem ?
Could u explain a little bit better please ?
2022-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules