FPV Propellor problem. DJI doesn't fly up !
12Next >
8653 58 2021-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EmilioPilex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145531 ft
Netherlands

Hey guys,

My drone can no longer take off due to an update.
See video 1: The problem.
https://youtu.be/BczeqbpNm_k

I would like to adjust the motor calibration again. I no longer have this option.
See video 2 for more explanation.
https://youtu.be/b-V9t6HAwAQ

Please help me asap.
Propellors are correct installed.
Also tried with the application on the computer to change these settings.

2021-3-8
Use props
Nidge
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I can see you have the wrong propeller on the rear right motor as a start.
2021-3-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there EmilioPilex. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please double check if the propellers of your DJI FPV is placed on the proper motors for us to be able to isolate the said issue? For reference I will post a diagram where to place the said propellers on the said DJI Drone. Thank you.

2021-3-8
Use props
EmilioPilex
lvl.2
Netherlands

The Propellors are 100% good installed !
Its the calibration of the motor.
2021-3-8
Use props
Nidge
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Your rear right motor definitely has the wrong propellor on it.

You have a clockwise spinning propeller on a counter clockwise spinning motor.

This is a screen grab from your video, you can clearly see that three of the props are correct as their leading edges are spinning away from the body of the drone, the rear right propeller has the inner edge of the propeller spinning away from the drone thus creating some downward thrust. This is why your drone will not take off as it's trying to compensate for the incorrectly mounted propeller.  Basic principles.

D00A5075-8A3E-481D-8A4C-2C05D14D0A07.jpeg
4EFC1AA8-0320-4F7E-94C2-E680BBE13C56.jpeg
2021-3-9
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466752 ft
Chile

two propellers have a color in the middle, the motor too! Open your eyes then it's easy.
2021-3-9
Use props
EmilioPilex
lvl.2
Netherlands

Nope. Thats only on video 2.
Video 1 haves the propellors good.
1000%

Once again, where is the option to calibrate the proppelors ??
2021-3-9
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

EmilioPilex Posted at 3-9 05:55
Nope. Thats only on video 2.
1000%

there is no option to calibrate the props.
but on the pictures above it definitely looks like you have put all the props on without the red circle mark in the middle of the props , you need 2 of each.
on the rightback engine you need the one with the red circle in the middle and the left front engine aswell,
the left back engine a prop with no marking aswell as the right front engine.
please check
unfortunately I am not able the watch the video links but if the pictures above are screenshots then your props are not correct at the moment.
2021-3-9
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Chile

in which direction do the motors turn?
2021-3-9
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

Arminius Posted at 3-9 11:41
in which direction do the motors turn?

the motors , thus propellers rotate outward on this one - away from the camera let's say. The props are clearly wrongly placed as seen on those pictures. The problem becomes a big problem when one is colour blind and stubborn on top of it.  

2021-3-9
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

EmilioPilex Posted at 3-9 05:55
Nope. Thats only on video 2.
1000%

Emilio,
Please don't be stubborn and read the manual, only reason the quad does not go up is because the propellers are placed incorrectly! You have been lucky to place them all backwards the first time. If you tried to take of with the props fixed the way we see it on the pictures - you'd receive the drone into your face and you'd be sorry. This is not a toy for little stubborn children, please go and follow the instructions and everything will be all right. The props rotate outwards on this one, unlike the standard Betaflight setup.

2021-3-9
Use props
Max Bourdages
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

This guy is trolling right ?!
2021-3-9
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Chile

i am waiting for a photo that an arm is broken and the propellers are still incorrectly installed   
(take a picture of what the propellers look like today)

2021-3-9
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I think the worst happened already, you don’t hear anything from him anymore
2021-3-9
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

That’s kind of funny, from what I can see you have 3 props that should spin CW and 1 that should spin CCW.
yeah, no, not gonna work.
2021-3-9
Use props
LeXx2105
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5531749 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello, I have the same problem. For me it is only 1 propeller that runs around the wrong way. Fortunately, I noticed it before the first flight ... Please help.
Have tried it with firmware refresh no success. I've been looking for a solution for almost 16 hours now :-D
2021-3-9
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Chile

my plan was that i buy this DJI FPV in Santiago tomorrow. When I read that, i get scared. A incredibly bad DJI support here in the forum! where is the official DJI support that helps here?
2021-3-9
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Arminius Posted at 3-9 17:47
my plan was that i buy this DJI FPV in Santiago tomorrow. When I read that, i get scared. A incredibly bad DJI support here in the forum! where is the official DJI support that helps here?

What are you scared about. The op clearly has the props installed wrong. Sometimes it pays to read the manual. Then there is no reason to be scared.
In addition there is no such thing as motor calibration. Never has been.
2021-3-9
Use props
LeXx2105
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

But there are. When activating the drone, there was an option in the Google menu where you could set the direction of rotation. I have seen that. After the update it was gone.
2021-3-10
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So I’ll back pedal and say maybe it’s not kind of funny, if post 23 is accurate, it could be another issue to add to the list.
Don’t worry, DJI will not be along soon to help.

Check your antenna orientation that should fix the issue, right?
2021-3-10
Use props
LeXx2105
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

I once tried to film the whole thing on video in slow motion. I am attaching the link to the video. I am currently writing to support. I hope you can help. The support saw that one of the motors at the front right was turning in the wrong direction.

The orientation of the antennas?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pLA0cFbshEaVe0fAxDIVSmF2TYaBNFgp/view?usp=sharing

After talking to support and watching the video, there seems to be a technical defect. Unfortunately I have to send the drone in ;-(

but, thank you very much for the help.

2021-3-10
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Chile

Visual Air Posted at 3-9 19:16
What are you scared about. The op clearly has the props installed wrong. Sometimes it pays to read the manual. Then there is no reason to be scared.
In addition there is no such thing as motor calibration. Never has been.

without your comment I would not have bought DJI FPV today. Bought, unpacked, updated loaded, then I flew 2x wow. That is fun! everything ok no problems, like the mini 2 everything is easy and fun.

I hope for the others, that  they get up in the air quickly too
2021-3-10
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
United States

Arminius Posted at 3-10 10:43
without your comment I would not have bought DJI FPV today. Bought, unpacked, updated loaded, then I flew 2x wow. That is fun! everything ok no problems, like the mini 2 everything is easy and fun.

I hope for the others, that  they get up in the air quickly too

Excellent. Happy flying..
2021-3-10
Use props
EmilioPilex
lvl.2
Netherlands

For all those how think they are smart.
The motors are turning the WRONG way!!!!

Thanks to DJI bad support and updating to quick im left with a problem. Thank god i paid with Creditcard so i can easly chargeback these costs.

Anyway im sending this drone back just because of bad support of DJI.

2021-3-11
Use props
EmilioPilex
lvl.2
Netherlands

LeXx2105 Posted at 3-10 02:54
But there are. When activating the drone, there was an option in the Google menu where you could set the direction of rotation. I have seen that. After the update it was gone.

Thanks.
Thank god there are people like you, DJI comfired this option and problem
Anyway they dont know how to fix it.
2021-3-11
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

EmilioPilex Posted at 3-11 01:54
For all those how think they are smart.
The motors are turning the WRONG way!!!!

yes, it is much safer for you indeed. It is pretty difficult to admit one did something wrong. Presenting the pictures where everybody clearly sees the propellers are placed wrong and nearly screaming that everybody is wrong proves indeed you got it right. DJI support is not of use because most of those people don't have the knowledge nor experience to bring up an useful solution.
SMART decision
2021-3-11
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well to be fair it was a screen shot from the video and maybe he was trying anything he could to get it to work.

If there was an option to calibrate the motors, and you did, when this was removed it caused an issue.
If the calibration function was not used then removed it didn’t cause a problem.
Obviously I’m just guessing but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.
2021-3-11
Use props
EmilioPilex
lvl.2
Netherlands

The thing is i admit i changed these setttings in my goggles.
I saw this option, i changed it....

And after the update i cant change it back. Thats the whole thing.
2021-3-11
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

EmilioPilex Posted at 3-11 02:56
The thing is i admit i changed these setttings in my goggles.
I saw this option, i changed it....

Ok, makes sense, plus you aren’t the only one with this issue.
Looks like DJI dropped the ball, again.
2021-3-11
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

LeXx2105 Posted at 3-10 03:30
I once tried to film the whole thing on video in slow motion. I am attaching the link to the video. I am currently writing to support. I hope you can help. The support saw that one of the motors at the front right was turning in the wrong direction.

The orientation of the antennas?

Yep, the front right spins the wrong direction indeed but I suspect that if you put the drone in the manual mode and punch the throttle, the drone would take off and hit you n your face.  Unless DJI did some wizardry to the AP the same should be true in the N and the S mode. It happened to all of us at some point in time that we put our props the wrong way around on our custom made drones. If you did, you know what I am talking about.

@ Lisa3 AKA Karen - I got this one LOL !!!       "The orientation of the antennas?"
2021-3-11
Use props
FannyLeLah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59485 ft
United States

I ma having the same problem. One motor is turning the wrong direction, props are on correctly. Don't know how to change the direction of the motor?
2021-3-11
Use props
FannyLeLah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59485 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-8 19:56
Hello there EmilioPilex. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please double check if the propellers of your DJI FPV is placed on the proper motors for us to be able to isolate the said issue? For reference I will post a diagram where to place the said propellers on the said DJI Drone. Thank you.

[view_image]

https://youtu.be/7gNpOMEXcmg

here is a slo mo vid of my props, front right rotating backwards, drone will roll over on take off.
FVP Prop Direction
2021-3-11
Use props
LeXx2105
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

I admit that I was in this menu with the motor settings before the update of the drone. You just like to look at everything with a new drone. What else I know that there was a list:

Propeller 1
Propeller 2
Propeller 3
Propeller 4

Now all the motors of the drone were turning very slowly and you should use a graphic to choose whether it is correct or not. Whether I have selected something or not, I can no longer say exactly. At this moment the Googles or Drone is updating via the DJI Fly app. After that it was like that. I don't know if it would fly if I took a different propeller now, the thrust then generates the thrust with this bottle turning direction downwards. I don't want to try it either, to be honest :-D

Anyway, I'm really frustrated that I have to send the drone in now. It all takes forever until I can finally fly with it. I was really looking forward to the part. Why is there no downgrade to the old software?

V00.04.1009_FPV_Racer_dji_system.bin

Wouldn't that be much more convenient and cheaper for Dji to replace the drone?

greetings
2021-3-11
Use props
Burndog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36 ft
United States

Same problem here. Front motor spins in the direction that propulsion is up not down towards the ground.
2021-3-14
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Your Props are installed incorrectly.
2021-3-14
Use props
LeXx2105
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

DroneJunkieQc Posted at 3-14 17:13
Your Props are installed incorrectly.

No, its propellers are correctly installed.

Does anyone already have a solution to the problem?
The support told me my drone needs to be replaced. Wait for the return slip where unfortunately nothing happens. Unfortunately, I'm about to give the product back completely and give it up
2021-3-15
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

LeXx2105 Posted at 3-15 00:34
No, its propellers are correctly installed.

Does anyone already have a solution to the problem?

There seems to be a lot of people with faulty units.
2021-3-15
Use props
EmilioPilex
lvl.2
Netherlands

Once again.
The propellers are correctly installed !!!!
Video 2 was only to show i miss the calibration option in my goggles.

On video 1 the propellors are CORRECTLY installed.
The motors are turning the wrong way !
2021-3-15
Use props
LeXx2105
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

DroneJunkieQc Posted at 3-15 02:46
There seems to be a lot of people with faulty units.

Then please tell me what should be wrong in post # 34 of "Burndog"?

The propellers are correctly attached.

And EmilioPilex is right, since the update there is no longer the option of motor calibration. Even if it should be wrong on the videos. He emphasized several times that it was just a test. And if not, he'll have fixed the problem. But what is not the case that everyone can understand. The engine just turns the wrong way round, this has already been confirmed to me by the support. And it should be clearly visible on my video.

Unfortunately, there is still no solution to the problem.
2021-3-15
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

LeXx2105 Posted at 3-15 04:47
Then please tell me what should be wrong in post # 34 of "Burndog"?

The propellers are correctly attached.

Yes I realized many people are having this issue. Maybe an unexperienced employee at DJI loaded wrong motors in the production line causing a good amount of them to have this problem. But then again it should not have passed a final test at the end of the production line.

2021-3-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules