1357 13 2015-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone else flown the Inspire 1 and after the flight, the record is missing from the flight log section inside the DJI Pilot App?
For me this feature has never missed a beat.

This happened to me regarding one flight of over 15minutes. The App flight logs show my all of my other flights but not this one. It's weird because this is something that just works and does not require any user intervention. I flown another flight after this happened and there is a record in my flight log which normally shows up on top of the list.

Any thoughts or comments would be greatly welcomed....

Rich
2015-7-12
Use props
dwaiteretired
lvl.2

United States

Rich,
The same set of circumstances happend to me this morning.
On the first flight and the first battery video feed was poor, the video feed cut out when the aircraft was still within 10' of the transmitter. I continued to fly because the Inspire was responding well to control inputs. Within 2 to 3 minutes the video came back but with poor range (800' - 1200').  When I got home I too didn't have a flight record in the Pilot App. The second flight of the morning was there. I used contact cleaner on the gold plated connectors in the camera mount and camera afterwards hoping it would help, time will tell if it will.

Dennis
2015-7-12
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dwaiteretired@g Posted at 2015-7-13 02:55
Rich,
The same set of circumstances happend to me this morning.
On the first flight and the first  ...

Hi Dennis,

My video was clear and without issues during my flight and the camera was not removed from the flight log that was missing and the one that showed up. But I think you have a good idea regarding cleaning the contacts for the camera mount, as it could not hurt anything for sure.
Another note, I usually have the Shou screen recording app running and this time I didn't start the Shou App..... and of course as luck would have it the flight log is missing.
Rich
2015-7-12
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Flight log is recorded even if you fly without the camera attached!
2015-7-12
Use props
dwaiteretired
lvl.2

United States

w1der Posted at 2015-7-13 05:23
Flight log is recorded even if you fly without the camera attached!

That shoots down my idea of dirty camera contacts being the problem.
Thanks for the insight.
2015-7-12
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

Any fix to recover flights that are not showing up anymore?
My flight counts are accurate, but the flight log is gone.
2015-7-12
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Norway

This happens from time to time with no obvious reason. I have lost 5 to 6 flights out of 200. For me it does not matter, but I would also like to know why it happens.
2015-7-13
Use props
jtheogr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303973 ft
Greece

Happens to me also, one time.
2015-7-13
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

Could it possibly be just the server was down at the moment or had a glitch. DJI, being in the middle of a big move, could cause some down time briefly here and there... just a thought
2015-7-13
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-7-13 16:57
This happens from time to time with no obvious reason. I have lost 5 to 6 flights out of 200. For me ...

Seems to be a strange glitch to be having with the App, so at least I am not the only one that has experienced this issue. Keeping a manual log file (flight log record book) is the only way to be sure to have each flight documented. Maybe DJI can comment on this one and let us know if this is something they are aware of and fixing in the next firmware update or Pilot App.

Rich
2015-7-13
Use props
marco
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1500794 ft
Australia

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-7-14 09:34
Seems to be a strange glitch to be having with the App, so at least I am not the only one that has ...

I had this twice. I think it is related to either flights longer than 15 minutes or more likely to the "critically low battery" warning. In my two failed log cases both of the above were true.

Would like to know if you were also were flying below 20% battery level when the log failed to record.
2015-7-14
Use props
larsjoh
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-7-14 09:34
Seems to be a strange glitch to be having with the App, so at least I am not the only one that has ...

This has happened to me as well and think it was Shou that caused the issue. Only happen when Shou was active. Another thing to look for is how full your Video Cache is, found it works better disabling the Video Cache especially when using Shou.
2015-7-14
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

marco Posted at 2015-7-14 21:29
I had this twice. I think it is related to either flights longer than 15 minutes or more likely to ...

Hey marco

I was just starting out with a freshly charged battery and after doing my preflight checks it was most likely at 90% or higher. I had about a 15minute flight.

I just thought of something...... What if you do not hit the Trust app icon fast enough after the Pilot app starts... Would this cause this problem and still let the app run or function but not record the flight log?

Rich
2015-7-14
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

larsjoh@me.com Posted at 2015-7-14 22:50
This has happened to me as well and think it was Shou that caused the issue. Only happen when Shou ...

Good thought
But, I did not have Shou running on this missing flight and it was when I was having trouble with the app starting (before the update and Shou TV combo).

Rich
2015-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules