Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hunterws
lvl.4
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

DJI, is it true what "DroningOn" says?
Can you clarify this please?

I'd hate to think this is a country vs. country thing ... petty.  

Is what Ashley is saying right?

Is what Ashley is saying right?
2021-3-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Read several articles on this.  

"The loss of key managers, some of who have joined rivals, has compounded problems caused by US government restrictions on Chinese companies, and raised the once-remote prospect of DJI's dominance being eroded, said four of the people, including two senior executives who were at the company until late 2020."

This article seems to be very legitimate.  Worth a read anyway.  

DJI Article
2021-3-8
Use props
hunterws
lvl.4
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-8 07:45
Read several articles on this.  

"The loss of key managers, some of who have joined rivals, has compounded problems caused by US government restrictions on Chinese companies, and raised the once-remote prospect of DJI's dominance being eroded, said four of the people, including two senior executives who were at the company until late 2020."

Good read, lays it out without emotion, being pompous and details all angles.

"internal power struggles between the US team and its China headquarters" seems to be the crux of the whole thing.  That will only spawn the other companies with more capital for research to compete ... I doubt the entire R&D team retired, ha.
2021-3-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hunterws Posted at 3-8 07:55
Good read, lays it out without emotion, being pompous and details all angles.

"internal power struggles between the US team and its China headquarters" seems to be the crux of the whole thing.  That will only spawn the other companies with more capital for research to compete ... I doubt the entire R&D team retired, ha.

I agree with you on "doubt the entire R&D team retired".  
2021-3-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Name a company that isnt cutting back at the moment.
2021-3-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-8 11:12

You have a good point.  I can name a few that have cut back but a bunch that have gone out of business due to COVID.  
2021-3-9
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-8 11:12

COVID-19 should have little effect on the drone industry. Actually there is so much activity in this drone industry space, any employee leaving DJI probably can find a new job quite quickly.

The future for DJI in North America is unkown to anyone here but I would suspect it will be some time before any sanctions are dropped.

The next new product release will be interesting as I believe they can no longer source US made components.

DJI cutting staff due to the current pandemic is a very false narrative.
2021-3-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TP-FPV Posted at 3-9 05:46
COVID-19 should have little effect on the drone industry. Actually there is so much activity in this drone industry space, any employee leaving DJI probably can find a new job quite quickly.

The future for DJI in North America is unkown to anyone here but I would suspect it will be some time before any sanctions are dropped.

I would disagree,   if you have more people out of work or getting less work they will have less income to buy expensive toys.  
2021-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules