Should I switch to new FPV from Mavic 2 Pro?
1138 6 2021-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dygme
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Mavic 2 Pro with all the bells and whistles. Barely has any time on it. If I were to guess how many hours, I would guess 5 hours. Saw a commercial for their FPV drone that hits almost 90 MPH. That's amazing. The way I fly, I'd save a lot on battery time and would love the goggles. Anyone here think I should sell my Mavic Pro2 to get the FPV? The price of all the equitment and parts and accessories that I have is a lot. What do you guys think? Best Buy has it for $1299, so I'm guessing everyone will have it for that price. It doesn't come with that hand gimbal, which increases the price another $200. Expensive stuff. You think a switch would be a nice thing to try? The package in the picture below will go on sale once I get my time together. There is just about every acessory, even extenable feet that raises the Mavic off the ground. I've added a picture of that as well. Those legs alone were about $85, very strong and protects the under belly. I also have the larger landing pad made by DJI. I just didn't include it in the pictures.

Mavic Pro2 ALL.jpg

legs.jpg
2021-3-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dygme. Good day and thank you for sharing these information. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who have purchased the DJI FPV can give out there valued insights and there experience as well in operating there DJI FPV. In addition I will post link where in you can check the specification and frequently asked questions for the DJI FPV. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/dji-fpv?site=brandsite&from=nav
2021-3-8
Use props
djiuser_rYFQlGXeVC43
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124117 ft
United States

Switch? I don't think so, personally.

As somebody who owns both the Mavic 2 Pro and the FPV, the FPV just can't match the Mavic's intelligent flight modes, stability, battery life, ease of transport, accessories, and photography.

But at the same time, the Mavic can't match the experience of the FPV, with the goggles, top speed, full acro, bird-like cinematic shots, motion controller optionally, etc.

Definitely not a replacement. But maybe a supplement
2021-3-8
Use props
Dygme
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do have the red racing goggles for use with my Mavic, but I always had connection issues. I think if I didn't have connection issues I'd have more fun.
2021-3-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think it depends on why you have the Mavic 2 Pro,  I have mine mostly for photographs,  I dont think the FPV would be a good replacement for that,  but it looks like a lot of fun.  
2021-3-9
Use props
IN2VWS
lvl.1
Australia

I have the Mavic 2 Zoom and the FPV. Either one does not replace the other. I will still use the Mavic for the intelligent flight modes, and the FPV for the speed when filming cars and motorcycles that are moving.
2021-3-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

They are quite different drones.
2021-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now