DJI Mini 2 Crash Due to Defect in Power
3202 13 2021-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
serval
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61204 ft
United States

Hello, recently I have bought my first ever drone and did a test flight with it to get used to how everything worked. I flew a couple hundred feet away and decided to use the return to home function. Initially, it worked as expected. It turned around and went to the desired altitude to return home. However, within a couple of seconds, I lost the video signal and RC signal and the drone has crashed. Initially, I thought that due to a loss of signal it would go out of control, but I did more research and discovered that it's not supposed to just fall out of the sky in these situations. I was able to recover the flight log and discover that the last log recorded was completely normal, and showed no altitude drops whatsoever. The only conclusion I could come is that somehow the power failed and the drone just turned off midair. I had 72% battery when this happened. Fortunately I got a replacement for free, but I'm worried that due to this incident, it could happen again.

I would like to know if anyone else has had a similar experience with their Mini 2 completely shutting off midair, or I just had some bad luck.

2021-3-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this issue is happening on your DJI Mini 2. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to assist you with regards to this matter. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-3-8
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-8 22:10
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this issue is happening on your DJI Mini 2. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to assist you with regards to this matter. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Stephen, i think she has got already a for free replacement mini.....
2021-3-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bad luck....guess 99.99% on the Mini2 are landing in a happy mood   

But i have not seen that first log, so hard to tell    some people fly with faulty batterys, so always fly with a full charged batt   and check cell values in the app before and shortly after take-off.

cheers
JJB
2021-3-9
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

My similar experience with Mavic Air 2  , thanks for share your one ... it starts to be suspicious

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D757%26typeid%3D757
2021-3-9
Use props
djiuser_5z2WKvv6wevk
lvl.1
France

I haved the same crash with my new mini 2 at the 3 flight , 10m high & far when go down at normal mode, stop motors & controller crash into tall grass & restart.
I think there is interference due to a meteo radar & transmission antenna near my drone, approx 40m
The drone was not hurt & work well now, never have the same issue.
I have make big flight with it now with no problem but I'm very stressed
2021-3-9
Use props
serval
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61204 ft
United States

I plan to upload the log file when I can. What file do I specifically send, the one that can be opened in PhantomHelp or a DAT file? I do have a link of the opened log file of the flight here though for now. https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/LY0VHR8GGATKGHS716HZ
2021-3-9
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Never had this issue and I have well over 70 hours of flight worth mini 2
2021-3-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds to me like a hardware fault at the battery. More of a WAG I guess. Those connections are very small and it is too easy to fail to latch it in. I'm not saying that was the cause here.
Your log file is from yesterday. You got a replacement already?

I have yet to see any similar fault with my 5 Mavic drones.

2021-3-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What is WAG
2021-3-10
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Spain

GaryDoug Posted at 3-9 18:55
Sounds to me like a hardware fault at the battery. More of a WAG I guess. Those connections are very small and it is too easy to fail to latch it in. I'm not saying that was the cause here.
Your log file is from yesterday. You got a replacement already?

on my case ,,, i sent the drone to RMA DJI in ºNetherlands , they received 13 days ago ,,, but they dont find it .... it looks like they lost my box and my drone
2021-3-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

serval Posted at 3-9 07:25
I plan to upload the log file when I can. What file do I specifically send, the one that can be opened in PhantomHelp or a DAT file? I do have a link of the opened log file of the flight here though for now. https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/LY0VHR8GGATKGHS716HZ

Hi serval,

Had a look at your flightlog, indeed all normal values. Log just simply stops, disconnected from RC.
Last part in RTH mode flying towards home.

Did you recover your drone ?  did it really dropped out of the sky ?

DAT file,  FLY04.DAT mayby have more info about what happend.
If you like put a cloud-link to the DAT on here.

cheers
JJB
2021-3-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_5z2WKvv6wevk Posted at 3-9 05:02
I haved the same crash with my new mini 2 at the 3 flight , 10m high & far when go down at normal mode, stop motors & controller crash into tall grass & restart.
I think there is interference due to a meteo radar & transmission antenna near my drone, approx 40m
The drone was not hurt & work well now, never have the same issue.

Hi,

It is not so likely that radio interference will bring a drone down, if you like upload your log for this crash flight.

cheers
JJB
2021-3-11
Use props
SuperWinnieperruna
lvl.4
Spain

like JJB comments ,i doubt a interference wouldn't bring the drone down,maybe a signal lost and rth but drone down as my MAVIC AIR 2 and your one looks like some electrical problem
2021-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules