Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Occusync 3
897 17 3-9 02:34
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bjr981s
Captain
Flight distance : 125892 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have seen many reviews that states this drone uses Occusync 3.

Has anyone seen any reference material from DJI that states its Occusync 3?

And would this then mean, future drones will be Occusync 3 and the SmartController defunct?

Cheers

3-9 02:34
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 1243005 ft
United Kingdom

Occusync 3 seems just to be a faster bitrate to get the latency down.   With the smart controller there's no guarantee that it will support new drones into the future.
3-9 07:24
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello there bjr981s. Good day and thank you for these information. The DJI FPV features the new DJI O3 ( OcuSync 3.0 ) video transmission, 4K/60fps video, and electronic image stabilization. The maximum image transmission distance of the DJI FPV drone is 10km ( FCC ), 6km ( SRRC ), and 6km ( MIC ). The is measured in an obstruction-free and interference-free conditions. Thank you.
3-9 19:15
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-9 19:15
Hello there bjr981s. Good day and thank you for these information. The DJI FPV features the new DJI O3 ( OcuSync 3.0 ) video transmission, 4K/60fps video, and electronic image stabilization. The maximum image transmission distance of the DJI FPV drone is 10km ( FCC ), 6km ( SRRC ), and 6km ( MIC ). The is measured in an obstruction-free and interference-free conditions. Thank you.

Thanks Stephen,

I guess then that future drones will be Occusync 3 and not compatible with the Smart Controller?

Would that be correct?

Cheers Brian
3-10 02:45
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

bjr981s Posted at 3-10 02:45
Thanks Stephen,

I guess then that future drones will be Occusync 3 and not compatible with the Smart Controller?

Hi there Brian. You are very much welcome and thank you for the insights. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products and future updates. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
3-10 22:07
Use props
fansf51a4a12
lvl.1
France

Hi i got troulble with the range advertised as 6km in EU, I can got to maximum 700m before the drone video feed and rc feed disconnect, I m flying in a big field with not so much interference i guess, what can be my probleme ?
3-11 05:58
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-10 22:07
Hi there Brian. You are very much welcome and thank you for the insights. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products and future updates. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.

Thanks Stephen,

My FPV Combo + Flymore + Motion controller + backpack arrived today. Also received the Mavic Air 2 hard case. Love it. I have 2 of the Mavic 2 cases from DJI as well. One for my Zoom and another for my Pro. Charging Batteries, activating and updating now.

Would be great if DJI could supply one for the FPV as well. I really like your cases.

Cheers Brian

3-11 08:24
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

fansf51a4a12 Posted at 3-11 05:58
Hi i got troulble with the range advertised as 6km in EU, I can got to maximum 700m before the drone video feed and rc feed disconnect, I m flying in a big field with not so much interference i guess, what can be my probleme ?

What altitude were you flying? the 6Klm would be at 120m, not ground level.

You could also try locking to 2.4ghz only. 5.8ghz has reduced range.
3-11 09:40
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 3-9 07:24
Occusync 3 seems just to be a faster bitrate to get the latency down.   With the smart controller there's no guarantee that it will support new drones into the future.

Indeed. That does seem to be the case historically.

CrystalSky, Goggles White, Goggles RE, Goggles FPV V1.

Looks like a short lived ecosystem.

3-11 09:43
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 1243005 ft
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 3-11 09:43
Indeed. That does seem to be the case historically.

CrystalSky, Goggles White, Goggles RE, Goggles FPV V1.

Thats just typical of accessories for a product,  I bought an accessory for my car, then a year later got the newer model and couldn't use it.   No complaints as it wasn't sold to be future compatable.
3-11 09:59
Use props
fansf51a4a12
lvl.1
France

bjr981s Posted at 3-11 09:40
What altitude were you flying? the 6Klm would be at 120m, not ground level.

You could also try locking to 2.4ghz only. 5.8ghz has reduced range.

i was high in the sky, something like 60m, maybe more
3-11 10:56
Use props
Kendo CL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 886457 ft
Chile

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-9 19:15

Hello, i have a problem, at 800 meters I totally lose the signal of the control and the glasses, it does not give the supposed 10 kilometers of transmission distance. i hope dji fixes this problem or else you risk a misleading advertising lawsuit.
3-12 04:43
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-10 22:07
Hi there Brian. You are very much welcome and thank you for the insights. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products and future updates. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.

Just letting you know that there is a bug in the current DJI FLY app when upgrading the Firmware.

If the battery is insufficient for the Goggles when doing the firmware upgrade it pops the usual battery warning and fails the upgrade. The issue is the Warning pops up in Chinese text.

Cheers

3-12 04:45
Use props
fans58d5305f
lvl.1

United States

If I update my smart controller to occusync 3.0 will it be compatible with my Phantom 4 Pro occusync 2.0?
4-23 00:54
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

fans58d5305f Posted at 4-23 00:54
If I update my smart controller to occusync 3.0 will it be compatible with my Phantom 4 Pro occusync 2.0?

The SC cannot be upgraded to O3. The FPV drone at this time only works with O2.
4-25 07:03
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 2982907 ft
  • >>>
United States

Everything in the future will get defunct, including our own human lives and eventually Earth.
4-27 03:22
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
Flight distance : 2417297 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Air2S is specced as O3 (Occusync 3) for Transmission, as O3 supports a higher bitrate, the remotes uses Occusync 2, and the Air 2S aircraft is compatible with the Smart Controller. So just because it has O3 does not mean that it won't be compatible! That said the Smart Controller is unlikely to support the FPV Drone in the future.
4-27 06:30
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Buzzyone Posted at 4-27 06:30
The Air2S is specced as O3 (Occusync 3) for Transmission, as O3 supports a higher bitrate, the remotes uses Occusync 2, and the Air 2S aircraft is compatible with the Smart Controller. So just because it has O3 does not mean that it won't be compatible! That said the Smart Controller is unlikely to support the FPV Drone in the future.

The SC is O2 for video reception.

So the drone uses O2 for video transmission to the SC.

The FPV Goggles support O3 for the FPV drone.

The O3 goggles are not compatible with the O3 "claim" on the Air 2S.

So just what is the O3 support and what does it work with....Currently nothing.

The higher bit rate is not supported on the Air 2s. At least at this time.

4-28 16:19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules