Please Help! FPV Goggles V2 can not be registered with Assistant
2957 5 2021-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wes Williams
lvl.1

United States

TLR DJI Assistant V2.1.0 can't recognize / register my V2 Goggle running firmware 01.01.00.00

New to the world of drone flying and really like the idea of FPV.
Purchasesed the following:

• DJI FPV Goggles V2
  • DJI FPV Remote Controller
  • iFlight BumbleBee HD V2 CineWhoop 3" FPV Racing Drone (w/ DJI Digital HD FPV System) - PNP

Running Windows 10, DJI Assistant V2.1.0.  

Successfully registered both the FPV Controller and the FPV Air Unit on the CineWhoop.  Updated the firmware to the latest on both of them

When I connected my new DJI FPV V2 goggles to the computer DJI Assistant recommend I upgrade the firmware to the latest version: 01.01.00.00   I did this with no errors.

After this, I expected DJI Assistant to recognize the goggles and then allow me to register them to my account.   This is my issue.  Assistant does "see" the goggles and will confirm that the firmware is "current" (01.01.00.00) but that is all.  No prompt to register them.

In reading the forums on this issue it seems one offered solution is to go into Settings->About->Switch to FPV SYSTEM but the About on the Goggles does not have this option.

Some people have said they could link their goggles to their registered DJI FPV Drone and it would register their goggles.  I tried to link the goggles to my registered Ciniwhoop/FPV Air Unit drone and it would not work (Goggles beeped away, Air Unit link light glowing solid red, never linked).  I think that "trick" only works with the DJI FPV Drone.

I really wish i had not upgraded the firmware on the goggles!   I have no idea what to do at this point other that wait / hope the DJI can fix this mess.

I did try to call DJI technical support, I talked with two different "techs" and NEITHER OF THEM HAD EVER HEARD OF THE FPV AIR UNIT.   They litterally did not know about the product.  I had one of them go to the fpv website and I showed it to them... they never heard of it.  At this point I am very concerned about the level of customer support DJI has decided to give it's customers who purchase well over $1,000 worth of their product.

Any suggestions other then waiting for them to fix it?

Thanks!
Wes
2021-3-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you seen this -
2021-3-9
Use props
Wes Williams
lvl.1

United States

Thank you, yes I did watch.  I am not having any issues with running the assistant and it can update the Firmware on the goggles.  In this video it shows updating the firmware to 1.00.06.06   From what I understand the 1.00.06.xx firmware works and users can register their goggles with the assistant.   

Unfortunately, it looks like DJI has posted 1.01.00.00 firmware and that is what the DJI Assistant loaded to my goggles.  If there was a way to get back to 1.00.06 I think it would fix my issue.

Does anyone know how I could do this?
2021-3-9
Use props
Wes Williams
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone successfully registered FPV Goggles V2 that are running Firmware 1.01.00.00 using DJI Assistant 2.1 on Windows?
2021-3-9
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Wes Williams Posted at 3-9 13:43
Has anyone successfully registered FPV Goggles V2 that are running Firmware 1.01.00.00 using DJI Assistant 2.1 on Windows?

You can't.

Thats a major problem :-)
2021-3-9
Use props
Wes Williams
lvl.1

United States

FYI:  There is a great solution for this in the Facebook group "OFFICIAL DJI DIGITAL FPV OWNERS GROUP"
2021-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules