Firmware out-of-date Error! Found a Fix!
11075 21 2021-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dnhkng
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,

I just unboxed my DJI FPV drone yesterday, and of course, the first thing it wanted was a Firmware Update. I installed the DJI Assistant 2 software (FPV version) on my PC.
I updated the Goggles, and I think it did the Drone at the same time over a wireless connection, as I had it on at the same time. I didn't have the controller on, as it didn't ask about that.

I went to go flying, and got the message on the goggles: Controller firmware out of date!

So I updated the controller via USB on the PC, and it also updated to 01.01.0000., I went to try again, but got: Controller firmware out of date!

So, I went and updated all the devices (goggles, drone, controller) separately over USB, all to 01.01.0000, and tried manually resyncing them: Controller firmware out of date!

So, I changed the goggles to the old FPV mode, did a full reset, redid the firmware update on all devices, then changed the mode back to FPV drone mode, and redid the firmware update: Controller firmware out of date!

So, I found a Mac, installed the mac software, and tried the whole process again: Controller firmware out of date!

Currently, if I check the "about" section on the goggles menu, all the devices say they are on 01.01.0000 version firmware. I think I have run out of things to try, does anyone here have a tip for me?

Edit: FIXED!

Here is the "firmware out-of-date error" fix, for firmware version 01.01.0000
If it works for you, please Upvote/Like this so other people can find it.

The procedure:
  • Power on all the devices, that have already been updated to firmware 01.01.000 as of today, but with a controller-firmware-out-of-date error visible in the goggles.  Wait until the drone and controller are linked (you can see the video feed in the goggles, and the controller error is present).
  • Then connect the goggles to your phone with a USB-OTG. Nothing will happen, as the app detects the firmware is up to date.
  • On the phone App, click the 'Profile' button, then go to the 'Settings' section, and select 'Aircraft Firmware Update'.
  • Finally, click on 'Check for Firmware Update'. This will be quick, just a few seconds because the firmware is already updated BUT after doing this my controller was recognized as updated by the goggles!

So, there must be a flag set incorrectly by the PC and Mac Assistant 2 application about the firmware validity, that is corrected when checked by the 'Check for Firmware Update' function on the mac/android phone app. Please fix this DevTeam!

2021-3-9
Use props
INBOVI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3349967 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I have the same problem... Please update if you find a solution.
2021-3-9
Use props
Christophedub49
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3205925 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello,
i have updated all FPV drone, goggles, remote, and after in a second step the motion controller, but with android app DJI Fly v1.3.0 (last version) with my phone (Oppo A72) connected to goggles with USB-C cable and OTG cable, and connected to wifi to home, and it works fine, i have no problem.
Have you try DJI Fly v1.3.0 to update all ?You must do that with full batteries, it take a long time.
Best regards

2021-3-9
Use props
fanscf722394
lvl.1
Germany

INBOVI Posted at 3-9 07:56
I have the same problem... Please update if you find a solution.

Ok, I think I might have fixed it, but now it's nighttime, so I can't take it out for a flight yet.

So, here's the deal:

1) the tech staff have no idea how to fix it, I was on a help chat for an hour...

2) the Mac and PC app can't fix the issue.

3) you need the mobile app, but it doesn't need to install anything!!!

It seems like a firmware datetime bug. Here's the fix:

Power on all the devices, that are updated to firmware 01.01.000 as of today, but with a controller error. Then connect the goggles to your phone. Nothing will happen, as the app detects the firmware is up to date. Click the profile button, then go to the 'Settings' section, and select 'Aircraft Firmware Update'. Finally, click on 'Check for Firmware Update'. This will be quick, just a few seconds,because the firmware is already updated BUT after doing this my controller was recognized as updated by the goggles!
So, there must be a flag set incorrectly by the PC and Mac about the firmware validity that is corrected by the android app.
2021-3-9
Use props
Surge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48944 ft
Canada

I have the same problem. This is my 3rd DJI Drone and it's been the worst experience with setup of all 3. I know it just launched, but come on! The Fly App doesn't even show this drone as an option! (And yes, it's the latest version)
2021-3-9
Use props
fanscf722394
lvl.1
Germany

Surge Posted at 3-9 10:32
I have the same problem. This is my 3rd DJI Drone and it's been the worst experience with setup of all 3. I know it just launched, but come on! The Fly App doesn't even show this drone as an option! (And yes, it's the latest version)

Yes, the android app didn't show the FPV drone on my app either, which is why I wasted 5 hours messing around on the PC and Mac assistant applications that don't seem to work at all.

P.S. this is my first DJI product, and though the build quality looks good, this installation process is very disappointing.
2021-3-9
Use props
Surge
lvl.2
Canada

fanscf722394 Posted at 3-9 10:30
Ok, I think I might have fixed it, but now it's nighttime, so I can't take it out for a flight yet.

So, here the deal:

Sorry, I don't see "Check for Firmware Update" in the Goggles menu.
2021-3-9
Use props
fanscf722394
lvl.1
Germany

Surge Posted at 3-9 10:39

You don't need you do anything on the goggles. On the app, click 'profile' and continue from there.

Screenshot_20210309_194330.jpg
2021-3-9
Use props
Surge
lvl.2
Canada

Surge Posted at 3-9 10:39

Yes, you are right! It works! You need to select Check for Firmware Update in the App Settings, not the Goggle Settings.
It seems to be installing the controller firmware now.

This could have been much easier, DJI!
2021-3-9
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Its all over everywhere to use the fly app to activate and proceed with firmware updates. I did mine last night goggles drone remote and then the motion controller all through the fly app with issues
2021-3-9
Use props
fanscf722394
lvl.1
Germany

Visual Air Posted at 3-9 11:17
Its all over everywhere to use the fly app to activate and proceed with firmware updates. I did mine last night goggles drone remote and then the motion controller all through the fly app with issues

Maybe it's all over everywhere, but the help desk said to use the Assistant 2 application, and there is a special version on the DJI downloads section just for FPV drones. It seems the Windows/Mac Assistant 2 application is broken, and should probably be removed until this bug is fixed, or more people will have the same problem.
2021-3-9
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fanscf722394 Posted at 3-9 11:20
Maybe it's all over everywhere, but the help desk said to use the Assistant 2 application, and there is a special version on the DJI downloads section just for FPV drones. It seems the app is broken, and should probably be removed until this bug is fixed, or more people will have the same problem.

The fly app is used by multiple DJI drones so I don't think they will get rid of it. As soon as I turned on the goggles the aircraft and remote and had the otg cable plugged into the goggles and my phone the fly app instantly recognized it was the DJI fpv system and activation proceeded.
Then the firmware upgrade took some time as naturally its updating the drone the goggles and remote.
Unfortunate that you had so many issues.
2021-3-9
Use props
fans7d49b745
lvl.2
Flight distance : 302106 ft
  • >>>
Canada

My app tried to update my drone about three times. Every time it said successful, then failed. iPhone, btw. Macbook doesn't work either though.
2021-3-9
Use props
fans7d49b745
lvl.2
Flight distance : 302106 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fanscf722394 Posted at 3-9 10:41
You don't need you do anything on the goggles. On the app, click 'profile' and continue from there.

yup this solved my problem after connecting it to two computers. Thank you so much for posting!!!!
2021-3-9
Use props
SDAlterEgo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66273 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep. This was the easy fix. I fuxxed around with it for an hour before googling. This came up in at the top of search results and within 3 minutes I was good to go. Unfortunately I had run my flight battery down during all of the fuxxing, so my initial flight was about a minute, as after 30 seconds I got the low power warning and emergency return to home. LOL. charging now!
2021-3-16
Use props
fans055d79c5
lvl.1

United States

Worked!  Thank you so much!
2021-3-19
Use props
-= Pathfinder =-
lvl.1
Flight distance : 366857 ft
  • >>>
Canada

This solution worked for me!  Thank you so much!
2021-3-21
Use props
Steve_Woody
lvl.1

United States

This worked for me.  Thank you!  Brand new goggles that came with the DJI FPV set on 22 March 2021
2021-3-22
Use props
Potomac
lvl.1
United States

Dude If you were here I would hug you!! After several hours online with DJI I was all set up to send my drone back for a replacement. I was at work today and read your post. When I got home today I had it up and running in about four minutes. Thanks again
2021-3-27
Use props
arzhye
New
Flight distance : 325 ft

Indonesia

hey dude, I have the same problem now, I use an Android phone, and I have tried this solution but still doesn't work
2023-6-26
Use props
cootertwo
lvl.4
United States

Mine fly's fine, and I have no idea what version of software it's on, as I have NEVER plugged it into anything, since the first activation. I believe in the old saying, "if it works, don't fix it"
2023-6-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

arzhye Posted at 6-26 20:07
hey dude, I have the same problem now, I use an Android phone, and I have tried this solution but still doesn't work

Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what specific drone are you currently using? Please upload the screenshot showing the error message here so we can check it further. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules