VIDEO TRANSMISSION SKIPPING within 300 meters
1775 13 2021-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

This is the first time I decided to buy a DJI product just after the release date. Boy I am sorry I have done it. The DJI FPV drone is NOT finished at all. The first issue appeared already during the first flight - going no further than 50 meters away from the "home" point and displaying an error message letting me link my account to the phone number. (this should only apply to people living in main land China and I am certainly NOT one of them) after two days of self research and trial and error I managed to find a work around. Worth noting - the DJI support has been appallingly useless with helping.

Today I received the "fly more kit" and had possibility to try two batteries one after another. Now I noticed something which really worries me a lot:

During the flights (manual mode), doing some flips and rolls the video signal skipped a second or so, half way the manoeuvre. At his time I only do those hi above the ground because I do not trust the system yet. In the video you will notice that the sound is completely out of sync - which is caused by skipping of the video. The audio doesn't seem to skip.This scares the hell out of me. I was no more than 300 meters away - line of sight. No trees or other obstacles. And it happened more than one time. I can easily find those moments on the DVR recording and watching it back, worries me even more. The system is advertised to be able to go kilometres away, without problems but glitches within 300 meters. It SUCKS big time!
Did anyone experience the same issue?

2021-3-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there tomekyo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Can you please try to fly your DJI FPV to a different location or in an open area with less interference  to isolate the issue. In addition I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI FPV. Thank you.

2021-3-9
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-9 20:29
Hello there tomekyo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Can you please try to fly your DJI FPV to a different location or in an open area with less interference  to isolate the issue. In addition I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI FPV. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi Stephen, Did you read what I wrote there? You promise 10 kilometer of range and the PICTURE glitches at 300 meter LINE OF SIGHT or even closer.  Nice you are placing these silly snips out of the manual but they show the remote and NOT the goggles, where the video is transmitted to. And yes I was facing the drone at all times while flying.  The question about using mobile device has nothing to do with this video skipping issue.  The phone is certainly not connected to the system in any way. Why would it be? There is only the Fpv Drone, the goggle and the remote.  What does the phone have to do with it?
Unfortunately - the whole DJI support experience looks like this conversation. ;-(
2021-3-10
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the world of DJI.
My FPV is sitting in an unopened box until they start resolving issues consumers are having with this product.
If that doesn’t happen within a reasonable amount of time it will go back and I’ll move on, Bigplumb was right.

Enter the FPV forum start at the top and start reading down, issue after issue with no valuable support from DJI.
It would be better to say nothing than have an admin post a ridicules canned statement (they use about 5 common replies no matter the issue).

This appears to be an unfinished product and the owners are beta testers.
I get the excitement of a new drone and the owners could rush to get it in the air and miss a few important steps but way too many issues even if you factor that into the equation.
So far I give this drone a deuce as in DJI dropped one.
2021-3-10
Use props
Kendo CL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 886457 ft
Chile

Lisa3 AKA Karen Posted at 3-10 02:53
Welcome to the world of DJI.
My FPV is sitting in an unopened box until they start resolving issues consumers are having with this product.
If that doesn’t happen within a reasonable amount of time it will go back and I’ll move on, Bigplumb was right.

I have a similar problem, at 800 meters I totally lose the signal from the control and the glasses, it does not give the supposed 10 kilometers of transmission distance. i hope dji fixes this problem or else you risk a misleading advertising lawsuit.
2021-3-12
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Kendo CL Posted at 3-12 04:36
I have a similar problem, at 800 meters I totally lose the signal from the control and the glasses, it does not give the supposed 10 kilometers of transmission distance. i hope dji fixes this problem or else you risk a misleading advertising lawsuit.

The published specs are ideal conditions, same as flight time.
2021-3-14
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

Lisa3 AKA Karen Posted at 3-14 04:26

of course they are but the gap between 10kilometers and 300 meters is a bit too big to expect such video skipping to happen...
2021-3-14
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tomekyo Posted at 3-14 04:30
of course they are but the gap between 10kilometers and 300 meters is a bit too big to expect such video skipping to happen...

I know but they will just say it’s antenna orientation and/or interference from an outside source.
From what I’ve seen in videos the ocusync 3 is pretty good.

Don’t know if it matters anyway, as for me, no way I can see my drone 10km away plus where I live it’s VLOS, spotter with the FPV.
2021-3-14
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

Lisa3 AKA Karen Posted at 3-14 05:02
I know but they will just say it’s antenna orientation and/or interference from an outside source.
From what I’ve seen in videos the ocusync 3 is pretty good.

I have just been flying and I don't have much of a problem without rolling and flipping except for losing some picture for split second while being 650 meter away and not doing weird stuff. It prevents me from flying low to be honest and I find it somehow disturbing, especially if yo concern the costs and promises of DJI.
2021-3-14
Use props
MickeKling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3144075 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I have flown 2000m VLOS on a deserted area without any problems.
2021-3-14
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tomekyo Posted at 3-14 05:10
I have just been flying and I don't have much of a problem without rolling and flipping except for losing some picture for split second while being 650 meter away and not doing weird stuff. It prevents me from flying low to be honest and I find it somehow disturbing, especially if yo concern the costs and promises of DJI.

Makes sense, sure don’t want video skipping when flying low/fast with an FPV.

My FPV will sit in the box until the beta testing is complete.
I have never flown FPV so I have nothing to offer in that aspect but I can grasp how video quality and low latency is very important. You would have to rename a split S if the video dropped half way in (split T, invert and straight down?).
2021-3-14
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

tomekyo Posted at 3-10 01:52
Hi Stephen, Did you read what I wrote there? You promise 10 kilometer of range and the PICTURE glitches at 300 meter LINE OF SIGHT or even closer.  Nice you are placing these silly snips out of the manual but they show the remote and NOT the goggles, where the video is transmitted to. And yes I was facing the drone at all times while flying.  The question about using mobile device has nothing to do with this video skipping issue.  The phone is certainly not connected to the system in any way. Why would it be? There is only the Fpv Drone, the goggle and the remote.  What does the phone have to do with it?
Unfortunately - the whole DJI support experience looks like this conversation. ;-(

haha serves ya right ginger bastard, hope it stays this way and your out of some money for being an ass.
2021-3-14
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

Whoreable Posted at 3-14 21:52
haha serves ya right ginger bastard, hope it stays this way and your out of some money for being an ass.

ohhh, little WHORE able is here as well... wait until you receive yours ... you can always ask here how to open the box I doubt you can figure it out yourself ...
2021-3-15
Use props
Kendo CL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 886457 ft
Chile

Lisa3 AKA Karen Posted at 3-14 04:26

I know, but of 10 kilometers that I do not do 1 ?, In addition, we discovered with some friends that they also have it that in the transmission options, it only shows 2 channels of the supposed 8 that it brings, and the highest power it gives is 40mw, So in Chile this drone comes with a factory lock or restrictions, which should not happen if DJI promises something in its advertising. Disgusting DJI.
2021-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules