DJI Pocket 2 compatible and non-compatible tablets/troubleshooting
17735 72 2021-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new manufacturer and a non-compatible model, known as Duoduogo. It has been a while since new models have been added to any tablet lists, so nice to get some new information.
2021-10-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new troubleshooting tip: Make sure the physical connector aren't bent nor dirty.
2021-11-8
Use props
FatStoge
lvl.4
United States

The new Apple IPad Mini 6 has a USB-C connection. I tried connecting my Pocket and the Mimo app couldn’t recognize it, but had no issues with my Android phone. Is this the same with the Pocket 2?
2021-11-8
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

FatStoge Posted at 11-8 17:26
The new Apple IPad Mini 6 has a USB-C connection. I tried connecting my Pocket and the Mimo app couldn’t recognize it, but had no issues with my Android phone. Is this the same with the Pocket 2?

I unfortunately can't confirm anything about this myself, as I have no Apple devices myself nor have otherwise had a chance to test them. Also, so far I have not received reports from other people about this model, neither confirming nor denying the compatibility.

What I can say thought is that I have found out that the devices that work with the original Osmo Pocket may not necessarily work with the Pocket 2. The same may apply vise versa, though I have no personal experiences about this.

If I will get the chance to test this out, I will report it here. Meanwhile, if anybody else has personal experience about this, any test results and opinions would be welcome here.
2021-11-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Updated troubleshooting tips number 2 and 4 for further information.
2021-11-24
Use props
djiuser_7GJQEKWFsDOF
New

Germany

HGDC84 Posted at 10-13 06:52
Added one new troubleshooting tip: if physical connection through the "main" connector of Pocket 2 doesn't work, try using a USB-C to USB-A adapter, connect that to your tablet's data transfer cable, then connect those to the bottom USB-C connector of Pocket 2. Some models may start working using this method.

It will just charge the pocket 2
2021-12-18
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_7GJQEKWFsDOF Posted at 12-18 01:02
It will just charge the pocket 2

Are you sure if your tablet or Mimo version is compatible? Have you tried other troubleshooting tips to see if there is something else disrupting the connection? Are you sure you are using a data transmission cable and not just a charging cable?
2021-12-19
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added a new troubleshooting tip concerning VPN and updated the earlier tips.
2021-12-30
Use props
Menez73
New

United Kingdom

baldwinn Posted at 2021-7-4 06:22
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 3 Plus (YT-X703F) works without any problems.

Good to hear. That tablet is such a strange shape - what holder do you use?
2022-1-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Menez73 Posted at 1-11 09:50
Good to hear. That tablet is such a strange shape - what holder do you use?

Not sure about that one, but some are snug enough to keep the Pocket 2 beside it without a holder (though it would be wiser to use a holder if available, or to hold them together with hands when possible), Also, in some cases, you could possibly use an USB-C extension cable to lengthen the connection so you could, for instance, put the tablet on a table and the Pocket 2 on a tripod etc.
2022-1-13
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new non-compatible model, and one compatible. Thanks for username Luc_Vienna for the information!
2022-2-21
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new non-compatible tablet, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 - runs the Mimo app but refuses to connect to the Pocket 2.
2022-2-23
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

FatStoge Posted at 2021-11-8 17:26

I also tried the Pocket with my Mini 6 - no-go with the connector or the cable. The Mini does see the uSD card in the Pocket so it is seeing it as storage. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Mimo app, too. Same setup does work with my 2021 iPad Pro except that the camera image in the app is rotated 90 degrees and not usable.
2022-3-23
Use props
SolitarySand
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Latest mimo app and pocket 2 works fine on the Samsung Galaxy tab s8 ultra.
2022-5-20
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DaveSp Posted at 3-23 13:23
I also tried the Pocket with my Mini 6 - no-go with the connector or the cable. The Mini does see the uSD card in the Pocket so it is seeing it as storage. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Mimo app, too. Same setup does work with my 2021 iPad Pro except that the camera image in the app is rotated 90 degrees and not usable.

Thank you for your test results, I have updated the list information accordingly. Hopefully you will find a compatible device.
2022-5-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

SolitarySand Posted at 5-20 14:24
Latest mimo app and pocket 2 works fine on the Samsung Galaxy tab s8 ultra.

Thank you very much for your report, added to the list. Happy filming!
2022-5-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added three new models - one doesn't work (iPad Mini 6), another kind of works but is not usable (iPad Pro 2021) and the third one works fine (Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra). Thanks for all the people reporting the new models and keeping this thread alive
2022-5-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new model that works: Apple iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd generation, 2018 version). You may need to use screen tilt lock, as the picture may be in a wrong rotation without it.
2022-7-29
Use props
djiuser_sM5g1LsiKhIS
New

Germany

This Tablet doesn't work with the Osmo Pocket 2:
TJD MT-1011QU
2022-8-5
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_sM5g1LsiKhIS Posted at 8-5 06:58
This Tablet doesn't work with the Osmo Pocket 2:
TJD MT-1011QU

Thanks for your report, will update that on the list.

I assume TJD is the brand of the tablet and not just a model/serial number?
2022-8-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new troubleshooting tip for scenarios where the app works but the monitoring is laggy. Thanks for zciUKm88uBnUtbtd0pL4ZA2 and CopterSpy for pointing this out!
2022-11-4
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new troubleshooting tip for scenarios where the preview on Android/iOS devices is black, flickers or gets stuck.
2022-11-19
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new troubleshooting tip (#13) and updated a previous one (#4). If you know others, know about new compatible or non-compatible models or see contradicting information, feel free to correct me.
2022-11-29
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Updated the troubleshooting list about the Mimo app being compatible with the different Android versions.
2023-2-1
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new troubleshooting tip for wireless connection troubleshooting.
2023-3-28
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Updated troubleshooting tip #6 to be more specific and elaborate.
2023-4-3
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Updated troubleshooting tips #1, #2 and #13 for an alternative place to download the DJI Mimo app, especially the older version in case your device doesn't support later versions of the DJI Mimo app.
2023-6-18
Use props
besthuman
New

United States

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 - working with latest version of DJI MIMO app downloaded from DJI site.

It was difficult to get it to recognize - here is what I had to do. The Pocket 2 would only stay on for about 20 seconds because it was on the register only mode, and I had to go through the whole registration thing before it shut itself off. This took several tries. Another note, the USB-C cable I was using only worked in one direction, so try flipping your USB around in the DJI Pocket if you have trouble (I used the port on the bottom of the Pocket).

1. Plug in DJI Pocket 2 to Tablet
2. Open MIMO app on tablet
2. Turn on Pocket 2, use pull-down menu on Android Tablet to select USB device behavior, switch to Controlled by Tablet instead of Controlled by Device
3. Pop up on tablet should appear from MIMO app. Click accept and you may have to click "device" in the top left of MIMO app
4. Registration process pops up, go through registration process as fast as possible. This took me 5-6 tries to complete in time.
2023-10-4
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

besthuman Posted at 10-4 10:13
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 - working with latest version of DJI MIMO app downloaded from DJI site.

It was difficult to get it to recognize - here is what I had to do. The Pocket 2 would only stay on for about 20 seconds because it was on the register only mode, and I had to go through the whole registration thing before it shut itself off. This took several tries. Another note, the USB-C cable I was using only worked in one direction, so try flipping your USB around in the DJI Pocket if you have trouble (I used the port on the bottom of the Pocket).

First of all, thanks for sharing the information on this thread. It's been a while since there have been updates and reports on this thread, glad to see people still remember the thread and it still can help people solve their problems with activating the Pocket 2 with their tablets.

I've now added the model and the notes to the list for future reference to other users.

Thanks for sharing, and glad to hear you got it working! Happy filming!
2023-10-5
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new troubleshooting tip.
2023-11-25
Use props
djiuser_G8k9Kauqzyy7
lvl.1
United States

Have a Question, I just bought a pocket 3 and was wondering if the same tablets that work with the pocket 2 and mimo app will work with the pocket 3 as well.
2023-12-6
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_G8k9Kauqzyy7 Posted at 12-6 19:28
Have a Question, I just bought a pocket 3 and was wondering if the same tablets that work with the pocket 2 and mimo app will work with the pocket 3 as well.

Unfortunately, I can't answer that question based on my own experiences, as I don't own the Pocket 3. But if I can deduce something based on my own experiences in general, then I do think that some of them will work while others won't. When I originally got my Pocket 2, I was able to install some version of the Mimo app on my phone, but it wasn't new enough version to work with the Pocket 2. I do suspect that if I had some earlier DJI camera using the Mimo app, that could have possibly worked with my phone. Not all Mimo versions support all DJI devices using Mimo. I do think though that if you check the latest version of the compatible devices on DJI Mimo's own website, then I do think that they are very likely, if not absolutely certain, to support the Pocket 3.

Good luck with your investigations, I hope you get it to work!
2023-12-7
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Added one new troubleshooting tip suggested by DJI Paladin to another user on troubleshooting connection problems between an Android device and the Pocket 2.
2023-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules