Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Pocket 2 compatible and non-compatible tablets
754 21 3-9 12:39
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
lvl.4
Finland

From a recent thread started by username Glacier (here at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237389 ), we discussed about a possibility to start a thread concerning the tablets that have proven to be compatible with the Pocket 2. This will be a kind of a sister thread to my earlier thread concerning phones not listed by the DJI's official phone list (you can see the phones or submit your own results concerning phones here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 ).

For those looking for the official DJI list for compatible phones, see https://www.dji.com/fi/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo

Some people prefer the chance to use a tablet instead of an phone for larger screen and possibly they don't have a compatible phone, but might have a compatible tablet.

So, the same principles as with the phone list: List your tablet testing results here and I will compile them as a list here, that will be updated once in a while.

And now for the list itself:

(Last updated on April 21st, 2021)

TABLETS THAT WORK WITH THE POCKET 2:
Apple iPad (6th gen)
Apple iPad Mini 2

Apple iPad Mini 5 (To use wirelessly: connect the Pocket 2 directly via the Lightning connector (USB), then disconnect the adapter, connect the joystick and after that iPad should connect via WI-FI)
Huawei M5
Lenovo Tab M10
(Euro version, TB-X605L WiFi+LTE version, Android version 9, 3GB RAM; live view not working when connected through USB-C adapter, other than that works perfectly)
Lenovo M10 FHD (US version, ZA5T0263US)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (US version, SM-T860 WiFi version, upgraded to Android 11 OS, 6GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7

TABLETS THAT DON'T WORK:
Lenovo M8
Samsung Galaxy A6
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (Euro version, 8 inch tablet)

Any other test results would be appreciated.

ADDITIONAL NOTES: Both I and username justinother1 have attempted emulating Android running Mimo on Windows platforms, but as of now, these attempts haven't worked. If somebody managed to do this, please do inform about it here (What emulator, Android and Mimo version, emulated device etc.) See more info from the thread itself.

3-9 12:39
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello there HGDC84. Good day and thank you for creating this post for the DJI Pocket 2. I hope that our fellow DJI Members can give out there experience on what Tablets they have tried and are using when operating there DJI Pocket 2. In addition, rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices including tablets to be added on the recommended mobile device list for different DJI Pocket 2 and for the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.
3-9 20:36
Use props
IGOR68
lvl.2

Russia

Good afternoon. I apologize for my English. I'm from Russia. Thank you for creating the theme. This is very interesting for me. You can also be asked to specify the Android version and the amount of RAM on the tablet. Since the products for different countries may differ. With respect, Igor.
3-10 04:22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 525 ft
United States

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 is already listed in Post 1 as compatible.  However, in view of request in Post 4 I'll provide the following information.  Located in US and I am using the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (SM-T860 WiFi version), just upgraded to Android 11 OS yesterday, 6GB RAM.  I have flown the Mini, Mini 2 and Mavic Air 2 using the Tab S6 since the OS update and have had zero issues.  I'm using DJI Fly App 1.3.0 (928-official)
3-10 08:56
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
United States

Great idea HGDC84.  Thanks for starting this thread.
3-10 08:57
Use props
HGDC84
lvl.4
Finland

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-9 20:36
Hello there HGDC84. Good day and thank you for creating this post for the DJI Pocket 2. I hope that our fellow DJI Members can give out there experience on what Tablets they have tried and are using when operating there DJI Pocket 2. In addition, rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices including tablets to be added on the recommended mobile device list for different DJI Pocket 2 and for the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.

Thank you for your friendly and polite reply.

Getting additional models (both phones and tablets) would indeed be very helpful. Many have been frustrated for not knowing if their phones and/or tablets are compatible, and too many have found out the hard way that theirs is not (including me). Further advancements and knowledge from your engineers would be greatly appreciated.

Also, mentioning these requirements clearly on the product page itself (not only on the Mimo app page) would help. More information means less mistakes, less mistakes means less disappointments. Less disappointments = more satisfied customers -> more money for DJI. :-)
3-10 09:15
Use props
HGDC84
lvl.4
Finland

IGOR68 Posted at 3-10 04:22
Good afternoon. I apologize for my English. I'm from Russia. Thank you for creating the theme. This is very interesting for me. You can also be asked to specify the Android version and the amount of RAM on the tablet. Since the products for different countries may differ. With respect, Igor.

You have a valid point there. Although everybody might not know their tablet's technical specs, giving the information when available would certainly be helpful. Even when not knowing the exacts, having at least some information (such as the region where the phone/tablet was bought) could help us investigate and see whether we have what we need.

Also, this is one point where the DJI engineers could give us a hand by giving us more information about the minimum requirements for Mimo (software- and hardware-wise). After all, they are the people who know best about the app they have created and the minimum requirements for it to run. Although not all of us are hardware- and spec-savvy, it certainly wouldn't do harm if at least some of us could see for themselves if their phone/tablet has what it takes to DJI Mimo to run.
3-10 09:20
Use props
HGDC84
lvl.4
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-10 08:56
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 is already listed in Post 1 as compatible.  However, in view of request in Post 4 I'll provide the following information.  Located in US and I am using the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (SM-T860 WiFi version), just upgraded to Android 11 OS yesterday, 6GB RAM.  I have flown the Mini, Mini 2 and Mavic Air 2 using the Tab S6 since the OS update and have had zero issues.  I'm using DJI Fly App 1.3.0 (928-official)

First of all, thank you for the compliments :-)

Then, about the tablet specs and the apps used. I assume that you have also used Pocket 2 and the Mimo app with the tablet, not only DJI Fly app and the drones mentioned? Just to make sure. Of course, having the info about the drones and Fly app compatibility certainly doesn't hurt (and could possibly be listed on a separate thread on the Drone topic threads).
3-10 09:25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 3-10 09:25
First of all, thank you for the compliments :-)

Then, about the tablet specs and the apps used. I assume that you have also used Pocket 2 and the Mimo app with the tablet, not only DJI Fly app and the drones mentioned? Just to make sure. Of course, having the info about the drones and Fly app compatibility certainly doesn't hurt (and could possibly be listed on a separate thread on the Drone topic threads).

Sorry, my intent was to list Pocket, Pocket 2 and Mimo App before the drones but I brainfarted.  No compatibility issues whatsoever for Tab S6 and the Mimo App.  
3-11 05:21
Use props
HGDC84
lvl.4
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-11 05:21
Sorry, my intent was to list Pocket, Pocket 2 and Mimo App before the drones but I brainfarted.  No compatibility issues whatsoever for Tab S6 and the Mimo App.

No harm done, I thought that was your intention after all but just wanted to ensure. All fine now. :-)
3-11 12:15
Use props
HGDC84
lvl.4
Finland

Any news about the subject? Going to test a couple myself, but would be more useful if would be able to list results from others, too.
3-17 05:12
Use props
HGDC84
lvl.4
Finland

Added a couple of new models.

Also, those having problems connecting may find it useful to see https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=228181 , as it discusses the wifi frequency. On some occasions, the frequency may be set erratically by the device used to activate Pocket 2. The thread discusses this issue and also has a link to another thread about it (containing possible solutions for the problem).

In case you find out one of the "non-working" models starts to work after changing the frequency, please inform me about it here. I will then change the list accordingly.
3-21 13:22
Use props
HGDC84
lvl.4
Finland

After a small hiatus, found a good one and updated it to the list.

It's a Lenovo Tab M10, Android version 9, USB-C 2.0. LTE version available, so can be used with both WiFi and mobile data, also possibly enabling livestreaming. Updated to latest firmware, tested with wireless connection. At least wirelessly works perfectly with Pocket 2. Also have hopes for using it with the Pocket 2's original USB-C adapter, as even the USB-C port of the tablet is positioned perfectly (you can attach the Pocket 2 right in it, and the corner lays so low it won't be in the way for the gimbal.)

You want to use Pocket 2 with bigger screen, this is a good option.
4-2 14:18
Use props
justinother1
lvl.1

United States

I just wanted you guys to know that, thanks to your efforts, I went out to Best Buy and bought the US edition Lenovo M10 FHD ZA5T0263US for $149 to get my Pocket 2 activated and registered, and while I am sorely disappointed with DJI in this matter, for all of their awfulness not to mention their crimes against humanity I've recently learned about.

Thanks to you awesome guys and your help, I have access to this device that I needed.

So far the app is 100% working for connected as well as bluetooth use, updated my firmware, registered my account, used it to view and control my pocket during initial trial use.

EDIT: I can also confirm that using VirtualBox to set up an Android-X86 EMULATOR on your windows PC does NOT work, the app crashes instantly. So anyone who thinks to try that, you're out of luck unless you're more capable than I was.

4-3 13:39
Use props
HGDC84
lvl.4
Finland

justinother1 Posted at 4-3 13:39
I just wanted you guys to know that, thanks to your efforts, I went out to Best Buy and bought the US edition Lenovo M10 FHD ZA5T0263US for $149 to get my Pocket 2 activated and registered, and while I am sorely disappointed with DJI in this matter, for all of their awfulness not to mention their crimes against humanity I've recently learned about.

Thanks to you awesome guys and your help, I have access to this device that I needed.

I am so glad to hear that gathering this list has helped you to find a compatible device and enabled you to use the Pocket 2 :-) This is exactly the reason why I am gathering and publishing these lists - so at least some people with this issue can get their cameras up and running.

Also, thank you for the additional information about the US version of the M10 FHD. It is useful information for us, will update it on the list.

Hope DJI gets their act together, both concerning informing about the compatible and non-compatible devices and requirements and about the privacy and ethical issues etc. that have us concerned.

Also, thank you for your information about VirtualBox. I tried using some Android emulators on my Windows 10 tablet hybrid (Lenovo Miix 310) and running Mimo on them, but to no avail.

If somebody manages to do this, I (and probably many others!) would be very interested to know more.
4-4 13:00
Use props
HGDC84
lvl.4
Finland

Update to my Lenovo Tab M10 tests.

Recently tested it by using the original USB-C adapter. The connection between the tablet and Pocket 2 feels kind of wobbly, the tablet seems to have problems deciding the proper USB-C connection mode (as I receive a notification asking me to select the connection mode - selecting the mode just brings the notification up again.) and the live view seems to freeze when connected physically. However, I can run the DJI Mimo app on the tablet when connected, and controlling the gimbal using on-screen joystick, changing settings etc. seems to work as usual.

So it is recommendable to use this tablet wirelessly.

Haven't yet tested it out with a SIM card, so can't say if, for example, updating the camera firmware or other functions using mobile data connection will work. Will update it here if I find out something new.
4-7 12:25
Use props
Hoolan Peter
New

Ireland

I tried a Samsung galaxy j6 and it would not connect , this was without the full pocket 2 package
4-8 01:54
Use props
HGDC84
lvl.4
Finland

Hoolan Peter Posted at 4-8 01:54
I tried a Samsung galaxy j6 and it would not connect , this was without the full pocket 2 package

That models seems to be a phone, not a tablet. But I will update it on the phone list.

Thank you for the information, hope you will find a compatible model!
4-9 06:52
Use props
HGDC84
lvl.4
Finland

Added a couple of new models.

If you see any wrong information, please feel free to correct me here. I will correct the list accordingly. Most of these are not my own tests, they are just based on other users' reports.
4-18 13:39
Use props
bjones9941
lvl.1
Flight distance : 285 ft
United States

Compatible:  Apple iPad Mini 2
4-19 17:01
Use props
HGDC84
lvl.4
Finland

bjones9941 Posted at 4-19 17:01
Compatible:  Apple iPad Mini 2

Thank you for the information, updated on the list.
4-21 04:42
Use props
Mancosaurio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118622 ft
Guatemala

Has anyone tried the pocket 2 with a galaxy s5e tablet?
4-27 10:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules