Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohanB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 522799 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Good day everyone,

Regarding the capabilities of the Zenmuse P1, I have a question on the mapping of vertical slopes, structures/buildings or even towers. The promo video shows great 3d models, would you have to manually operate the shutter, I guess these flights are done in manual flight mode? or would the Pilot app have the ability to take pictures at time or distance intervals to acheive a consistant overlap? I have ordered my P1 from a local Dji supplier and just waiting for delivery, anxious to put the camera to the test, thank you in advance.

2021-3-10
Use props
Craig_Tas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2998255 ft
Australia

I would also like to know this as I have a mountain to replicate in 3D
2 weeks away for ours.
2021-4-6
Use props
hoss_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166168 ft
United States

Using automated mission flight and the smart oblique capture could be a good option for buildings.

No vertical facade option in the Pilot app but you can set the camera to take photos at a set interval i.e. every 2 seconds in manual flight...

For mountain situation may want to look into using terrain awareness mode to keep a consistent GSD.

2021-4-7
Use props
JohanB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 522799 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

hoss_ Posted at 4-7 16:47
Using automated mission flight and the smart oblique capture could be a good option for buildings.

No vertical facade option in the Pilot app but you can set the camera to take photos at a set interval i.e. every 2 seconds in manual flight...

Thank you for your reply hoss_, we will just have to make do with the Dji Pilot app as it is until Dji offers more functionality, I will give your suggestions a go.
2021-4-7
Use props
Craig_Tas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2998255 ft
Australia

hoss_ Posted at 4-7 16:47

was thinking that, until I get my P1 and start doing some missions I don't know what is going to work.

thanks for the reply.
2021-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules