4388 5 2021-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kkhcivil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238074 ft
Australia

Hello everyone,
Just wondering if anyone knows how to use a KML file to design a waypoints in GS RTK App. I know in Waypoint mission, you can fly by drone to any location and record that point&elevation and the next time drone will fly to the recorded points. But, I have some knwon Longitude,Latitude, Ellipsoid points and I want to fly to those points by P4 RTK.
I know KML can be imported to plan Photogrammetry and also linear flight mission. But, I can not actually stake out to the given Longitude,Latitude, Ellipsoid.
Any idea how to do that?
Cheers,
K1

2021-3-10
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure I understand- you want to use an imported KML to do something other than photogrammetry (from a polygon) or linear flight (from a line KML)?

What do the vertices of the KML represent? Waypoints you wish to visit in sequence? If so, how is that different from the linear flight option?

Glad to help if we can better understand what you're after.
2021-3-10
Use props
kkhcivil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238074 ft
Australia

patiam Posted at 3-10 15:11
Not sure I understand- you want to use an imported KML to do something other than photogrammetry (from a polygon) or linear flight (from a line KML)?

What do the vertices of the KML represent? Waypoints you wish to visit in sequence? If so, how is that different from the linear flight option?

Hi Patiam,

Thank for your reply.

What I need to do is flying to certain points with known Lat/Long/ellipsoid and hover at those points. Basically, it is similar to waypoints mission but by entering point coordinates (perhaps in line KML) and ask drone to fly to those known point and hover until you ask to fly to other known point and again hover at that known point.
With liner flight option, I think it creates the flight path and take photos to be processed in photogrammetry softwares.

Hope this clarifies my question? Thanks.
2021-3-10
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes I understand now, thank you.

I really don't understand why DJI requires you to fly the drone to the waypoints as the only way to program a waypoint flight. It might be worth trying to fly/plan a short waypoint flight with dummy points just to see if you can find and examine the file it creates, and then edit it with your desired waypoints and actions. I don't have access to our P4 RTK right now, or I'd give it a shot. I have no idea what the waypoint route file looks like, or if it is even readable.

Sounds like you really want something more like Litchi, too bad that isn't compatible w/ the p4 RTK.
2021-3-10
Use props
IPGP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434852 ft

France

patiam Posted at 3-10 16:53
Yes I understand now, thank you.

I really don't understand why DJI requires you to fly the drone to the waypoints as the only way to program a waypoint flight. It might be worth trying to fly/plan a short waypoint flight with dummy points just to see if you can find and examine the file it creates, and then edit it with your desired waypoints and actions. I don't have access to our P4 RTK right now, or I'd give it a shot. I have no idea what the waypoint route file looks like, or if it is even readable.

Maybe you can try my tool here

https://github.com/IPGP/csv2djipilot/
2021-6-24
Use props
L.Parker
New

Australia

IPGP Posted at 2021-6-24 06:46
Maybe you can try my tool here

https://github.com/IPGP/csv2djipilot/

I Gave it a shot and DJI GS RTK interprets it as a line to generate a linear survey flight path (for photogrammetry of roads.) rather than a set of operations to conduct and set coordinates.
I was really hoping I could get that to work.
2022-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules