OSMO 4 + 12 Pro Max ADVICE PLEASE
1016 11 2021-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bouffant
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi All,

Before I Ask - I Did read some of the threads.

I am thinking of buying the iPhone 12 pro Max.
I want the best I can get - instead of my usual get one that just works - and constantly regret the purchase.
Thats why I am asking these damned fool questions FIRST.

I saw on the apple site - the dji osmo 3 - and started researching - only to find that there were mixed reviews of it.

I Then saw the Osmo 4 - which got better press.

What I am trying to find out IS.......
Will the Osmo 4 play nicely with the 12 Pro Max?
Does the software support 12 Pro Max yet?
Can I use the Ultra Wide lens to enable more cinematic shots or does the gimbal show up in the frame?

If i wanted to use the gimbal to take Panaramic Picures ( on a tripod ) - how far does it sweep? 180 deg - or more
I Know these are stoopid questions but I keep reading loads of reviews and writeups and None can give me a difinitive answer.

Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

Bouffant
2021-3-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bouffant. Good day and thank you for posting these information here at DJI Forum. The iPhone 12 Pro Max is listed as on of the recommended mobile device for the DJI OM4 and for the DJI Mimo application. In addition it also supports ultra wide camera, wide camera, telephoto camera. Thank you.
2021-3-10
Use props
bouffant
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-10 20:25
Hello there Bouffant. Good day and thank you for posting these information here at DJI Forum. The iPhone 12 Pro Max is listed as on of the recommended mobile device for the DJI OM4 and for the DJI Mimo application. In addition it also supports ultra wide camera, wide camera, telephoto camera. Thank you.

Thank you for your reply - I can feel a Purchase coming on
2021-3-11
Use props
djiuser_f8rhtBVuB81Y
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-10 20:25
Hello there Bouffant. Good day and thank you for posting these information here at DJI Forum. The iPhone 12 Pro Max is listed as on of the recommended mobile device for the DJI OM4 and for the DJI Mimo application. In addition it also supports ultra wide camera, wide camera, telephoto camera. Thank you.

Hi, I have been reading a lot of reviews with 12 pro max and a lot of answers last year from DJI said OM4 isn’t compatible with 12 pro max. What change now , did you improve the phone clamp to be compatible with it? Can I use the iPhone 12 Pro Max with case with the phone clamp? A lot of reviews make me confuse. If there is an upgraded om4, how do we know we will not buy the old one that not compatible with our phone? I just want to make sure before I purchase. Thank you
2021-3-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

bouffant Posted at 3-11 01:11
Thank you for your reply - I can feel a Purchase coming on

Hi there bouffant. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you. .
2021-3-14
Use props
QQRUCH
First Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-14 22:05
Hi there bouffant. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.  .

Hi Stephen, I intend to purchase the OM4, I have an iphone 12Pro. The information out there on the compatibility of hardware and software (MIMO) is very confusing, especially the question of the clamp and the edges of the iPhone 12pro.

I have looked in the product information (DJI website for Spain) and on compatibility they do not mention the iPhone 12 series.

You would be so kind to assure me if it is a safe purchase under these conditions of use.

Thank you very much in advance.
2021-3-18
Use props
GeorgOctane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 285807 ft
  • >>>
Austria

QQRUCH Posted at 3-18 03:25
Hi Stephen, I intend to purchase the OM4, I have an iphone 12Pro. The information out there on the compatibility of hardware and software (MIMO) is very confusing, especially the question of the clamp and the edges of the iPhone 12pro.

I have looked in the product information (DJI website for Spain) and on compatibility they do not mention the iPhone 12 series.

TBH I don't know where the confusion is coming from:

* Yes, OM4 is compatible with iPhone12 Pro Max as stated on their homepage
* No, there are no changes in the design of the clamp.
  The current clamp is perfectly fine WITHOUT a phone case
  The sticky ring-thingy is perfectly fine WITHOUT a phone case
  If you insist on using a phone case:
  The clamp is too small and won't hold your phone 100% (only if you have the thinnest case imaginable)
  The magnetic ring-thingy probably won't stick to the back of your case

Conclusion:
Usage without a case --> perfectly fine
Usage with a case --> not perfectly fine
2021-3-18
Use props
QQRUCH
First Officer
Spain

GeorgOctane Posted at 3-18 22:53
TBH I don't know where the confusion is coming from:

* Yes, OM4 is compatible with iPhone12 Pro Max as stated on their homepage

thanks for your answer. I have checked on the DJI Spain product page, about the OM4 compatible phones and the MiMo application, at the moment there are no references to iPhone 12, 12Pro, 12Pro Max.
I usually use it with Apple's magsafe clear case.
2021-3-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

QQRUCH Posted at 3-18 03:25
Hi Stephen, I intend to purchase the OM4, I have an iphone 12Pro. The information out there on the compatibility of hardware and software (MIMO) is very confusing, especially the question of the clamp and the edges of the iPhone 12pro.

I have looked in the product information (DJI website for Spain) and on compatibility they do not mention the iPhone 12 series.

Hi there QQRUCH. Good day and thank you for choosing the DJI OM4. After checking the IPhone 12 Pro on the compatibility list for the DJI OM4. I am glad to say that the said mobile device has been tested and is recommended for the DJI OM4 and with the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... bility_List_en5.pdf

2021-3-22
Use props
QQRUCH
First Officer
Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-22 21:57
Hi there QQRUCH. Good day and thank you for choosing the DJI OM4. After checking the IPhone 12 Pro on the compatibility list for the DJI OM4. I am glad to say that the said mobile device has been tested and is recommended for the DJI OM4 and with the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI%20OM%204/DJI_OM_4_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en5.pdf

Thank you very much Stephen, now I am sure to buy it. The information that he has attached has been decisive. Greetings!  
2021-3-23
Use props
Pezmc
New
Flight distance : 177297 ft
France

I've had no problems but be aware that you can't use the wide-angle or zoom lens for most features...
2021-3-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

QQRUCH Posted at 3-23 03:32
Thank you very much Stephen, now I am sure to buy it. The information that he has attached has been decisive. Greetings!

Hi there QQRUCH. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. .
2021-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules