Flight Restricted, Bind Phone Number to DJI Fly APP
5743 12 2021-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WayneMann
lvl.4
United States

Hi guys,

How many of you have gotten this message and how do you bind your phone number to the APP?  I have been all over that APP and do not see anywhere to achieve this goal.  I would love to fly this thing.  I spent about 18 hours trying to get it activated.

Thanks in advance

Wayne Mann
2021-3-10
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10184222 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Apparently you have to connect your phone to the goggles and open the DJI Fly app before you fly. I hope this is not on every flight, it is very annoying.
2021-3-10
Use props
WayneMann
lvl.4
United States

Well I just flew it.  I connected my phone first.  The message saying the phone number was not bound is still there, but it did not say that the flight was restricted.  However I could only get about 200' from me before it stoped moving forward.

Wayne Mann
2021-3-10
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

Just go and searched the FPV forum, There is a solution to this already and three other topics touching on this same issue.
2021-3-10
Use props
djiuser_Tx8aRpoT8e2H
New

United States

tomekyo Posted at 3-10 09:20
Just go and searched the FPV forum, There is a solution to this already and three other topics touching on this same issue.

Where in the forum is this answered? A link would be helpful.
2021-3-11
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

djiuser_Tx8aRpoT8e2H Posted at 3-11 10:38
Where in the forum is this answered? A link would be helpful.

just use the search function in the apropriate product forum ...
2021-3-11
Use props
John-_-D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10 ft
United States

tomekyo Posted at 3-11 11:11
just use the search function in the apropriate product forum ...

I did a search on "bind" and one on "restricted" in FPV. There are no results with a reply, except one specific to France.

It's very helpful that you point out the search function, but frustrating that you guard the answer so carefully.
2021-3-11
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

John-_-D Posted at 3-11 12:02
I did a search on "bind" and one on "restricted" in FPV. There are no results with a reply, except one specific to France.

It's very helpful that you point out the search function, but frustrating that you guard the answer so carefully.

what do you think about typing "phone number" in search ?
2021-3-11
Use props
thoward
New

United States

You have to use A compatible device, I was using my Iphone12 and would not work. Hooked up my IPad air2 and worked great
2021-3-13
Use props
Serrini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32953 ft
  • >>>
United States

After I disconnected my phone, closed DJI Fly app, and then reconnected the message went away
2021-3-14
Use props
snowstorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 467831 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have the same issue. iPhone 11, DJI FPV
Each time I start, I get the msg "flight restricted go to DJI flight and bind phone number", if I connect my phone to the goggle and start the DJI Fly app, the msg goes away, and stays away even if I disconnect my phone. But next time I restart the drone I have to do that again. It is as if my phone is a required "key" to use the drone. Really annoying. I never remember any DJI product being like that before. Does this happen to everyone? Or am I missing something?
2021-3-17
Use props
snowstorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 467831 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Contacted DJI rep and they gave me a solution, followed it on iOS and it worked.
Posted it here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 171&pid=2441929
2021-3-18
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

A lot of guys are trying to set up with a tablet - you need to use your phone with the DJI fly App so the system can bind to your phone number - this is a new precaution so the drone is tied to you personally. This way if you bring down a 727 they can ping your phone for location.

Mike
2021-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules