Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
convert .csv to .kml for google earth
1309 7 2021-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
greenbean
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

I have been trying to search DJI forum (and a forum search states "there are no threads"), searched the web for days and am so frustrated !! Years ago the information was here and was able to convert .csv to .kml and insert it to google earth and get a yellow 3D line with option as stationary flight path or could play in motion. I did import the .csv file to G-earth but all the that did was convert it to a .kst file and bring me to coordinates with NO 3D flight path view. It is imperative for me to convert my .csv to .kml for evidential purposes.
PLEASE HELP WITH ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
IS IT NO LONGER POSSIBLE ?

2021-3-10
Use props
cheddar-man
First Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

There seem to be plenty out there..........

Found this.....

and this........

Download for Windows.........
2021-3-10
Use props
greenbean
lvl.4
United States

those are bogus and only take your file and give you nothing back.....I'm just glad there is nothing of importance on my MacPro or in the files each took. I'm sure it will be smart for me to format and do a fresh install and fresh my IPafter
2021-3-10
Use props
greenbean
lvl.4
United States

It's not surprising it is nearly or impossible to enjoy what once could easily be done. For the masses that don't know,   DJI DOES NOT WRITE THE GO APP SOFTWARE for our drones (fact)....it is a government funded USA corp. And I suspect the same USA corp also writes the firmware as well.          quid pro quo
2021-3-10
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
Australia

Try the Phantomhelp log viewer.
It will create a report on the flight from the .txt file and give you several options including downloading a .kml file showing the flight path from recorded flight data.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/Upload/

2021-3-10
Use props
greenbean
lvl.4
United States

THANK YOU !!!! THATS WORTH $100...WHERE DO I WIRE IT. ITS CONVOLUTED AND NOT NEARLY AS PRECISE BUT MUCH APPRECIATED
2021-3-10
Use props
endotherm
Captain
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Just for our info, how did you get just a .csv file of your flight path in the first place?
2021-3-10
Use props
greenbean
lvl.4
United States

endotherm Posted at 3-10 22:49
Just for our info, how did you get just a .csv file of your flight path in the first place?

I couldn't tell you how since I have not flown my P3P in years, but I have the txt and csv files. I could be wrong but I am as I remember it came right from the bird.
Update : Having not flied for years made something simple give me a headache. I first opened DJI GO on iPad and tried to place TXT back into the app but it would only place itself in ther list of Flightlogs, Flightrecords etc... but not into the FlightRecords folder and now it cannot be deleted from the list. I was however able to move the FlightRecords folder to laptop then add the TXT file, then when adding it back it overwrote the original and can now can watch the flight in motion with accurate statistics and GPS. One last thing to add is I did try phantomhelp as suggested but that site really needs to put some work into the convert coding because it showed my bird at times flying at -83 alt. and 248 mph - those same points of reference (time in flight) the DJI GO was accurate 138 altitude/23 mph

2021-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules