1473 5 2021-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tone7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 342723 ft
United States

Here's what I learned struggling through the activation process:

1. Upgrading firmware failed with the Mac version of DJI Assistant but succeeded with the PC version. On the Mac, download step completed but transmitting step failed, many times.
2. I ended up with two versions of DJI Assistant 2 on the PC. The original installed years ago called "DJI Assistant 2" and a new copy called "DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series)".
3. Activation failed to start when connecting goggles to long end of USB-C-to-USB-A-to-USB-C cable plus dongle combination, but worked with the dongle on the goggles end, iPad running DJI Fly App to the long end.
2021-3-10
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

Just connect the stuff as described in the quick start manual and activate and update the firmware using the phone and FLy App.
2021-3-10
Use props
djiuser_65eInVOkJTGs
New
United States

March 8, 2022: PC version failed to activate multiple times. Maybe Putin told Ping to stop activating US drones.
2022-3-6
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

tomekyo Posted at 2021-3-10 09:18
Just connect the stuff as described in the quick start manual and activate and update the firmware using the phone and FLy App.

2022-3-8
Use props
TomFarranL.A.
lvl.1
United States

and after hours of frustration , you will realize your device is not compatible with the drone.
2022-5-2
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

I just got my DJI FPV last week, and I had some activation heartburn. Here's what I finally did that worked:

1) I already had DJI Fly on my Samsung Galaxy S20 Note, from my Minis
2) Turn on the aircraft first
3) Turn on the control second.
4) Turn on the goggles
5) Plug the goggles into the phone
6) Start DJI Fly

At that point it just works, but you do have to watch it, because some times it asks you to approve stuff. Be sure to close all other apps on the phone before starting the process.

This worked for me, but YMMV.

TCS
2022-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules