Wireless microphone's windshield's magnet loose
2557 5 2021-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Earlier today, I was visiting my brother's family and decided to take my Pocket 2 with me in order to film my nephew. I had packed the camera and it's accessories - wide-angle lens, smartphone connectors, mini joystick, Do-It-All handle, wireless microphone and it's windshield - in the plastic case provided with the Pocket 2 Creator Combo (just like the manual has instructed), and put them into my fleece jacket's pocket.

Later on, I took them out and found out that the windscreen had fallen off the microphone. I took a closer look and noticed that the magnet inside the windscreen - the one that kind of locks the windscreen on the wireless microphone - had come off of the windshield and was magnetically attached on the wireless microphone. The camera stayed on my pocket at all times, except when I was filming, and it hasn't hit anything.

I thought the glue must have lost its binding and presumed that the magnet wouldn't stay back on its windshield. I tried anyway, and it seems like it does stay there again. I didn't apply any new glue there (I didn't dare to risk possibly voiding warranty and/or messing up the functionality of the windscreen, possibly blocking sound if I put too much glue or in the wrong places etc.), I just pushed the magnet back on its place.

I'd just like to ask (this one's for the DJI presentatives) - if this occurs again and I need to contact service for replacement or repair, then will I have to return the whole Creator Combo package, or is it enough if I just send the windscreen for repair/replacement?

All the other components of the combo are fine and don't need any repairs. I think it would be a bit of a hassle if I needed to send everything back, even when everything except this one thing is perfectly fine.

I'd also like to ask how long would it take to get repaired/replaced, and will it be covered by the warranty or will it cost something? If it costs, how much? (I bought it on November last year as new, so the warranty should still apply.)

2021-3-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there HGDC84. I am sorry for the trouble this caused and thank you for reaching out. This is not the experience we want6 you to have with your DJI Pocket 2. If in the future this issue happened again. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assist you further. Our DJI Support Team will give out instructions on what items to send and where to send it as well. Thank you.
2021-3-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

After pushing the magnet back into the windshield, it feels like the magnetic connection between the windshield and the wireless microphone is not as strong as it was before the magnet got loose. Is there a specific side of the magnet that should be against the wireless microphone? If there is, I may have pushed the magnet the wrong way facing out.
2021-3-14
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

HGDC84 Posted at 3-14 04:46
After pushing the magnet back into the windshield, it feels like the magnetic connection between the windshield and the wireless microphone is not as strong as it was before the magnet got loose. Is there a specific side of the magnet that should be against the wireless microphone? If there is, I may have pushed the magnet the wrong way facing out.

The magnet got loose again. Need to repair/replace it. Also found out that the other side of the magnet indeed creates a stronger connection against the wireless microphone than the other side, so if your magnet becomes loose and you decide to attach it back yourself, make sure to have the right side facing outside the windshield bottom.

Going to contact support and see what they will say.
2021-3-17
Use props
keanu003
New

Guam

Thanks for your post! I have my windscreen magnet polarity reversed from my creator combo. How was the process of returning like? Did you just send in the windscreen and mic? or the whole combo
2022-4-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

keanu003 Posted at 4-23 06:29
Thanks for your post! I have my windscreen magnet polarity reversed from my creator combo. How was the process of returning like? Did you just send in the windscreen and mic? or the whole combo

It was relatively easy after contacting DJI Support, it was covered by warranty and I only needed to send the windshield.

They will advise you on it.

Good luck with the replacement process!
2022-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules