4k?
530 13 2021-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AssistHeartbeat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210246 ft
United States

My dji Mavic mini 2 "4k" video looks like crap. I already changed the SD card, the iso, and the frame rate. Not much has changed. My photos however come out perfect. ( see below) my next step is to return and give a bad rating on google.
2021-3-10
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2066709 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow. So all footage you see from other users is also crap? Why buy the thing in the first place? Could there be something wrong with the drone? Or perhaps, dare I say it, a user error? Please do show what you created
2021-3-10
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47664 ft
United Kingdom

Got to check one thing... are you looking at the files on the SD or the Phone Cache?
2021-3-10
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Are you looking at the videos on the SD card or the phone cache? I am sure you are looking at the SD but its got to be worth asking.
2021-3-10
Use props
AssistHeartbeat
lvl.1
United States

jweaver Posted at 3-10 12:21
Are you looking at the videos on the SD card or the phone cache? I am sure you are looking at the SD but its got to be worth asking.

Hey, I believe I seen both.  I don't really see a difference.
2021-3-10
Use props
Armando80
lvl.4
Flight distance : 848524 ft
Netherlands

As jweaver suggested, try to look directly at the files on the SD card.
2021-3-10
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

AssistHeartbeat Posted at 3-10 12:27

Too see 4k you need to download the files off the drone and play back the file on a 4K capable device.
2021-3-10
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AssistHeartbeat Posted at 3-10 12:27

There would be a HUGE difference. The Cache on the phone is 720p and low bit rate, where as the SD has the 4K footage at a vastly greater bit rate... i would check again as you can judge the 4K performance by looking at the phone.
2021-3-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

simply post a link to your video posted on yt in 4k and get some *feedback* from your fellow mini 2 pilots!  
2021-3-10
Use props
AssistHeartbeat
lvl.1
United States

Hello all. Thanks so much for your feedback. How do I ensure that I'm looking at the video from the memory card? Here is a link to my video from the  drone.

https://youtu.be/h-OtYsNR7Qw
2021-3-10
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AssistHeartbeat Posted at 3-10 16:11
Hello all. Thanks so much for your feedback. How do I ensure that I'm looking at the video from the memory card? Here is a link to my video from the  drone.

You have to take the SD card out and put it in an SD reader on your PC or Mac.

You may be able to plug the Mini2 into your computer, but i am not sure if you can see the SD that way.

But you cant use the Video files from your phone as they are not 4K
2021-3-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

AssistHeartbeat Posted at 3-10 16:11

thanks for posting.  i can't help you but i'm sure there are experts here who can assist you with improving that video.  as far as 4k, i wouldn't say the video is spectacular (i.e. i've seen better) but it does not appear to be that bad from a resolution standpoint considering yt.  perhaps someone with skills can provide input and feedback on settings, etc.  my guess is you could use a filter.
2021-3-10
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Oh no, you are going to "return it and give a bad rating on google" huh. Wow, I'm sure DJI are literally shaking in their boots at that thought, your actions could cost them millions lol.

Perhaps you need to find yourself another hobby. One which requires less thinking, maybe. If you can't work out the difference between 4k footage on your SD card and that which is cached. Its not rocket science is it lol

2021-3-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AssistHeartbeat. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refer to jweaver post on post #11 on how to view your captured videos using your PC. In addition after watching the said video link you have posted on post #10. The video looks wonderful. Thank you.
2021-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules