FPV Goggles for other DJI Craft: DJI Can make this app! Any hacks?
736 3 2021-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans055d79c5
lvl.1

United States

Dear Fellow DJI Fans -

I love my new FPV 2 goggles, and more than this, I would love to be able to feed the video from, say, my DJI Mini 2, to the FPV Goggles.  I never use my racing addition goggles, they're just too bulky/heavy.  

If the DJI Virtual FPV app can transmit HD video to the FPV Goggles V2 via the USB port, then we should also be able to transmit the video from DJI Fly App to the FPV goggles when flying other craft.  Technically, if you can do one, you should be able to do the other.

(1) Has anyone 'hacked' this?  Is it easy, and I'm just missing it?
(2) If not, we should lobby DJI!  
(3) Is there an SDK that one could use to build this as a third party?

Thanks for your comments!

-Eric
2021-3-10
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

1 No
3 No, I doubt it ever will.

That said, everything is possible, it just take time. But it will violate the rules of this forum to dicsuss it here.

I use DRL and put HDMI into the RE goggles. It's bulky, yes :-)
2021-3-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Eric. Good day and thank you for these information that you have posted. In addition to this and just a reminder to please use the DJI Fly application to fly your DJI FPV for compatibility and reliability purposes. 3rd party application might work. However, since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party applications if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2021-3-10
Use props
fans055d79c5
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-10 20:59
Hello there Eric. Good day and thank you for these information that you have posted. In addition to this and just a reminder to please use the DJI Fly application to fly your DJI FPV for compatibility and reliability purposes. 3rd party application might work. However, since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party applications if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.

Hi Stephen - I understand - I would never fly my DJI FPV with any other application or controller!  What I want to do is transmit the signal from the DJI Fly App to the goggles when I am flying OTHER things, like the DJI Mini 2, which I own several of.  I know that this is technically possible, because the DJI Virtual Flight app transmits a video signal to the goggles.  Therefore, DJI is capable of transmitting a video signal to the goggles through the USB-C port.  What I am trying to understand is whether I can use that capability to use the goggles on OTHER machines that work with DJI Fly?  Thanks for your help!
2021-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules