817 12 2021-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ian in London
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey DJI; would be great to get the Flight Simulator for Android too!  

But until then, for anyone wondering what and how to try out Manual Mode, here's what happens.....

Cheers
Ian

2021-3-10
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, didn't bother with the simulator, just went high! Although I have flown true FPV this was a bit trickier, mainly because of the cost of the thing & I didn't back the throttle spring off!
2021-3-10
Use props
DJIsm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3949797 ft
Sweden

Thanks Ian, great video!
2021-3-10
Use props
Ian in London
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Buzzyone Posted at 3-10 12:23
Yeah, didn't bother with the simulator, just went high! Although I have flown true FPV this was a bit trickier, mainly because of the cost of the thing & I didn't back the throttle spring off!

This was my first FPV flight in manual mode.........   Hard work....!
2021-3-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ian. Good day and thank you for posting this interesting video you have filmed. Great work and thank you for your support.
2021-3-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 3-10 13:32
This was my first FPV flight in manual mode.........   Hard work....!

You seem to be picking this up quite quick,   what's next racing it?
2021-3-11
Use props
Ian in London
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-11 00:36
You seem to be picking this up quite quick,   what's next racing it?

lol!  I did not pick this up quickly.....But I had 3 more flights over the weekend and got more practice in...
2021-3-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 3-11 01:09
lol!  I did not pick this up quickly.....But I had 3 more flights over the weekend and got more practice in...

Well compared to how many times Ive crashed in the simulator you made it look a lot easier than the simulator does.
2021-3-11
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

funny to see you really don't know how to fly it in manual mode. Admire your courage though you did not seem to have removed the attitude limit...
2021-3-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ian, I applaud you for giving Manual Mode a try.  I have a cinewhoop FPV and took me a while to get confident in flying it.  I like the idea of the DJI FPV but until the Simulator is available for Android devices I will definitely not buy it.  Too big of an investment compared to the cinewhoop to crash it right off the bat.  It's a real shame that DJI favors iOS over Android.  Wish they were more like several other drone manufacturers that make their software compatible to both Android and iOS simultaneously.   
2021-3-11
Use props
djiuser_CLSsEYBdvqUO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1101624 ft
Austria

Ian in London Posted at 3-11 01:09

Ian, respect for your courage! Looks so playful if the FPV pro's do it and so incredibly hard just trying to hover, right?
2021-3-11
Use props
Ian in London
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tomekyo Posted at 3-11 03:45
funny to see you really don't know how to fly it in manual mode. Admire your courage though you did not seem to have removed the attitude limit...

That's a bit like saying to a cyclist, funny that you can't drive a car if you've never been in one before.....  
I did mention at the beginning that I wasn't removing the attitude limit, just flying Manual, which is so different to standard mode flying, it's untrue.  One step at a time.....
2021-3-11
Use props
Ian in London
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-11 07:30
Ian, I applaud you for giving Manual Mode a try.  I have a cinewhoop FPV and took me a while to get confident in flying it.  I like the idea of the DJI FPV but until the Simulator is available for Android devices I will definitely not buy it.  Too big of an investment compared to the cinewhoop to crash it right off the bat.  It's a real shame that DJI favors iOS over Android.  Wish they were more like several other drone manufacturers that make their software compatible to both Android and iOS simultaneously.

It's probably Apple marketing at work here......
2021-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules