First flight and some small issues so far
438 2 2021-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
guillaume
lvl.1

United States

First time FPV experience today with the FPV. Things worked great first time and the motion controler made it so easy and intuitive to control that I had no hesitation to hand it over to my 11 years old. And indeed he flew it just like this.
I understand the latest firmware still needs a lot of tweaking but there are certainly a couple of things that I would like to see corrected in the next release.
- the titlt control on the motion controller works only when the drone is on the ground. The moment it flies, you can't tilt the camera anymore.
- the RTH is atomatically triggered with 25% of the battery left which sounds to me ridiculously high. You can't say the battery lasts 20 minutes and then force the drone to head back with 5 minutes left. And it seems there is no way to cancel this or take control of the drone when he is landing. This RTH time should at least be configurable.
- Having an external battery dangling for the goggle is a bit awkward. Just like an NVG goggle, I add a piece of velcro to mount the battery behind my head with some cable management on the headband. It doesn't add much to the weight and even better, it balances better the weight front and back. Probably not a huge deal for DJI to think about adding a piece of velcro on the next headband with a shorter cable to power the goggle.
2021-3-10
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

I believe the tilt works in RTH only, to ensure a safe landing. I cannot confirm as usps is gay and my drone is arriving late according to there tracking sytem
2021-3-11
Use props
fanse7147f7f
lvl.1

United States

Whoreable Posted at 3-11 00:27
I believe the tilt works in RTH only, to ensure a safe landing. I cannot confirm as usps is gay and my drone is arriving late according to there tracking sytem

Thanks man. WIll try that again.
Lol with USPS. Could be worse, mine arrived 1 day late because, according to the tracking, the train it was in derailed!!
2021-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules