3047 10 2021-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Two points I've noticed;   you can only select pre-set numbers for the max altitude and it jumps from 100m to 200 m, meaning the most common max height used throughout the world (120 m) is not able to be entered.  Any plans to amend this?

Also, I couldn't work out why it kept dropping out of Manual Mode unexpectedly, but it seems it will drop you out of Manual Mode if you hit your preset max altitude.  Which is annoying, especially if you don't know why it's dropping out.... (but now you do!)  

Ian

2021-3-11
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Think they need to sort out a number of issues firmware required + app
2021-3-11
Use props
Beetle42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1532894 ft
United States

Same issue here - I was a bit shocked by this... If you are going to do preset list only, then at least have 120m / 400ft as an option!   I'm new to FPV so I am starting with practicing up high so I have plenty of time to hit the pause button.  Having that extra space makes a lot of difference to me!  

Is there any sort of feature request voting page for DJI?  
2021-3-15
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

I don't see the problem here since you can see the numbers in your goggle. Unless your eye sight is not as it should, you should not have any issues and if it is not - maybe you should not fly FPV. I don't really understand why you would like to fly in M mode as hi as 100 meters - it just does not make any sense. Manual mode is fun close to the ground I really don't see any point to go so hi and than complain it goes out of manual. How do you suggest they prevent you from exeeding the max altitude ? Would you maybe prefer it fel out of the sky instead...?

2021-3-15
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tomekyo Posted at 3-15 09:45
I don't see the problem here since you can see the numbers in your goggle. Unless your eye sight is not as it should, you should not have any issues and if it is not - maybe you should not fly FPV. I don't really understand why you would like to fly in M mode as hi as 100 meters - it just does not make any sense. Manual mode is fun close to the ground I really don't see any point to go so hi and than complain it goes out of manual. How do you suggest they prevent you from exeeding the max altitude ? Would you maybe prefer it fel out of the sky instead...?

I really don't see how you could make a more patronising and pointless post.  If you don't want to input max values then fine; all DJI drones allow maximum limits to be input and this one has a functional limitation.  If you see no need, then fine; fly as you wish, but don't try and belittle others for asking a simple and reasonable question.

2021-3-15
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

Ian in London Posted at 3-15 12:51
I really don't see how you could make a more patronising and pointless post.  If you don't want to input max values then fine; all DJI drones allow maximum limits to be input and this one has a functional limitation.  If you see no need, then fine; fly as you wish, but don't try and belittle others for asking a simple and reasonable question.

I just like the way some people are looking for the problems to the solution soort of speak. There are plenty things not very handy with this drone but complaining about Manual Mode disabling while reaching the altitude limit ( if you think one minut about it - it is very logical thing to do) or not being able to set an altitude limit - is just posting on the forum for the sale of posting in my opinion ... there are people who have real issues with this new drone and their post disappear in between others, who either are too lazy to read the manual or just are missing 125.3 altitude limit setting ...
2021-3-15
Use props
fansa67c0f47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427592 ft
France

tomekyo Posted at 3-15 13:10
I just like the way some people are looking for the problems to the solution soort of speak. There are plenty things not very handy with this drone but complaining about Manual Mode disabling while reaching the altitude limit ( if you think one minut about it - it is very logical thing to do) or not being able to set an altitude limit - is just posting on the forum for the sale of posting in my opinion ... there are people who have real issues with this new drone and their post disappear in between others, who either are too lazy to read the manual or just are missing 125.3 altitude limit setting ...

Well, like Ian from London said, what a pointless post. Covid lockdown gives me plenty of time to answer, otherwise I'd click on Next button. Maybe just one good reason to fly FPV in high altitude is that you should consider that there are people on this planet who do not have your skills and talent flying fpv close to the ground so they do it the safe way. Good day.
2021-3-27
Use props
glides
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279203 ft
United States

tomekyo Posted at 3-15 09:45

Just because you’re unable to think of a reason to fly manual mode at a higher altitude doesn’t mean others aren’t more creative than yourself. Diving tall buildings, waterfalls, or just some mountains or even tall hills can easily put you close to your max altitude. So there’s that.

Additionally, unless I’m looking for auto stabilization there is really no need to use the other modes once you can control the aircraft in manual mode.

Maybe I want to fight a head wind? Chase a bird? Orbit a hot air balloon? I’ll stop and hope you can use that logic you were talking about to see you were a bit short sighted with your comments.
2021-5-3
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

seems a very reasonable request - as Ian points out the 120m limit is in so many regions laws, it makes sense for it to be an option.

however, I will raise one point - the (gps) altitude you are seeing (and drone would limit with ) is height above home point... this only represents height above ground if you're in a level area.
here in the mountains, if Im going up , I can easily go well above 120m from my home point, and still be well below 120m from ground.similarly going down, i often have to drop my height to remain in the legal 120m zone.

DJI know this, so I think its more designed for 'fly aways' (rather than any kind of conformance) , but still this max altitude is really completely flawed in design...
as above it limits us in mountain areas, where we can be vlos and ascending more than 500m, but still be only 10's of meter above real ground, so completely legal.
however, on the flip side,  the allowed 500m is not legal above a level football field in a city, and could be in a fly zone - so offers no protection.

given the tech, there really isnt a technical solution, however, this is where we need to trust that the pilot is responsible and that they know to stay in legal boundaries,
this is not dissimilar to trusting they will not fly around people.
sometimes, tech cannot be the solution, rather we have to trust pilots (and hold them accountable for thier actions)
2021-5-4
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253832 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also it doesn't matter how trivial or minimal an issue is or isn't, forums are for everyone to be able to bring these up, discuss, show others and even get manufacturers to address them.
2021-5-4
Use props
djiuser_klO22sQ3vqlP
lvl.2

United States

Has there been any resolve to this? I could have sworn I seen someone on YouTube who had max altitude and RTH in feet, but I also watched a lot of YouTube videos about this drone leading up to my purchase so maybe I did not see what I thought I saw. I honestly don't have much use to fly at 400ft with the FPV drone, but it would be nice to have the option eventually as I build my skills and start diving and such.
2021-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules