iPad Air 2020 won’t connect to DJI go 4
2703 10 2021-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Forrest_Siems
lvl.2
Flight distance : 566014 ft
United States

I’ve tried multiple cables and nothing. I can’t get the iPad to connect to my controller. Now my drone is a paper weight...
2021-3-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Forrest_Siems. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue? For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

2021-3-11
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi,
Have you tried connecting your iPad via WiFi?

Cheers,
Wolferl
2021-3-12
Use props
djiuser_WamGicKmv2Tv
New

United States

Wolferl Posted at 3-12 01:20
Hi,
Have you tried connecting your iPad via WiFi?

Wolferl,

I like several others are trying to figure what the delta is between what devices will and will not connect to a DJI controller w/cable.  In this case we are trying to go from an iDivice like an iPad Air 2 (which connects via a lightning to USB cable) to an iPad Air 4 (USB C to USB C or USB C to USB).  Apparently and according to DJI, there are only certain devices that will connect to the controller.  I suspect this is partly due to or has something to do with the DJI GO4 App, and DJI’s Code not being updated (cost).  You ask if connecting via WiFi has been attempted.  For my DJI Phantom 4 (using a P4 Controller) there is no WiFi connection I am aware of.  If you or other knows the reason behind why certain devices will or will not connect to the Controller, with cable, please let us know.  As far as the WiFi option, how is this done?  Bit confused.  Maybe, newer gen DJI Controllers have this capability.

Reply’s with problem resolution are greatly appreciated.
2021-10-17
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Germany

djiuser_WamGicKmv2Tv Posted at 10-17 11:03
Wolferl,

I like several others are trying to figure what the delta is between what devices will and will not connect to a DJI controller w/cable.  In this case we are trying to go from an iDivice like an iPad Air 2 (which connects via a lightning to USB cable) to an iPad Air 4 (USB C to USB C or USB C to USB).  Apparently and according to DJI, there are only certain devices that will connect to the controller.  I suspect this is partly due to or has something to do with the DJI GO4 App, and DJI’s Code not being updated (cost).  You ask if connecting via WiFi has been attempted.  For my DJI Phantom 4 (using a P4 Controller) there is no WiFi connection I am aware of.  If you or other knows the reason behind why certain devices will or will not connect to the Controller, with cable, please let us know.  As far as the WiFi option, how is this done?  Bit confused.  Maybe, newer gen DJI Controllers have this capability.

Well, we are in the Spark section here. The Spark R/C does not works like P4 controllers do.
The Spark R/C opens a Wifi network where pilots are supposed to connect their phone to, and then use the Go4 app to get the onboard video stream and control items.

HTH,
Wolfgang
2021-10-18
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue with my P4P Controller
2021-10-23
Use props
UPnSKYPhoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111007 ft
Canada

Same here……isn’t DJI doing anything about it, or they just saying forget it you people who have Ipad’s
2023-3-24
Use props
UPnSKYPhoto
lvl.1
Canada

UPnSKYPhoto@eastlink.ca Posted at 3-24 11:01
Same here……isn’t DJI doing anything about it, or they just saying forget it you people who have Ipad’s

Funny my I phone works, old, old iPad works, but not the new MacAir 5? Tried several different cables.
There has to be a fix.
2023-3-24
Use props
Titas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 870466 ft

Lithuania

Have you tried to update the ipad to a newer version
2023-3-24
Use props
UPnSKYPhoto
lvl.1
Canada

Well has DJI corrected this problem with IPad Air 5 or so????? It still doesn’t work. Like said before its just a paper wait now.
1-7 10:26
Use props
UPnSKYPhoto
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-3-11 19:30
Hello there Forrest_Siems. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue? For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.

[view_image]

Well didn’t work? It still does work on IPad Air 5…..so what is the solution….I’m waiting.
1-7 10:29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules