Mavic Air - Micro SD card problems
660 6 2021-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KarimAS
lvl.1
Canada

Hi everyone,
I'm using a Mavic Air with a SanDisk Extreme 64GB micro SD card.

I format the card in the drone, it records fine, when I try to download the card via my MacBook Pro I receive the message 'the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer', when I click 'initilize' nothing happens, the only option with Disk Utility seems to be to erase the card. When I do this and use my Mac to reformat the card to Exfat, then reinsert the card into the drone, the drone's record fucntion doesn't respond and I'm promted to format the card in the drone again, and the cycle comntinues!

I've been stupidly working this way for a while and then relying on my clients to retreive the data from the micro SD card at the end of projects (pretty lazy and stupid, I know).

Can anyone help me out and tell me where I'm going wrong?

Any advice is much appreciated,

Karim
2021-3-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried a different SD card to rule out your Mac as the issue?
2021-3-12
Use props
KarimAS
lvl.1
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 3-12 00:52
Have you tried a different SD card to rule out your Mac as the issue?

I'm currently using a new SD card (the previous one is still with my client) but it's the same type, Sandisk Extreme 65Gb. Do you think I should try a different brand?
2021-3-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KarimAS Posted at 3-12 02:04
I'm currently using a new SD card (the previous one is still with my client) but it's the same type, Sandisk Extreme 65Gb. Do you think I should try a different brand?

Sandisk cards are normally reliable,  as it happens with more than one card I suspect you need to look into your Mac or memory card reader for the issue.   I have a memory card reader than wont read some cards but will format them and then read them OK.  If I use the slot on the side of the Mac air it works fine.
2021-3-12
Use props
KarimAS
lvl.1
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 3-12 02:13
Sandisk cards are normally reliable,  as it happens with more than one card I suspect you need to look into your Mac or memory card reader for the issue.   I have a memory card reader than wont read some cards but will format them and then read them OK.  If I use the slot on the side of the Mac air it works fine.

I'm currently in quarantine but when out will try a different mac, might try formatting it differently from the Mac too, I being going for Exfat but will chose a different option
2021-3-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KarimAS Posted at 3-12 05:29
I'm currently in quarantine but when out will try a different mac, might try formatting it differently from the Mac too, I being going for Exfat but will chose a different option

I just checked my card and its Exfat.

2021-3-12
Use props
KarimAS
lvl.1
Canada

Maybe it is my Mac, will hopefully be out of quarantine tomorrow and be able to use another machine
2021-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules