9825 36 2021-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Apologies if this is a multiple post, it didn't appear the first time I posted!

One for the DJI Moderators I think.

When I originally purchased the
FPV system, I also had a working set of V1 goggles. These decided to expire after a firmware update and are currently off for repair.

No problem, you can switch the V2 goggles to support the DJI FPV System, which worked, no issues.

Switched back to the FPV Drone, also no issues.

Since then each time I change over to the FPV system the goggles lose the binding and have to be bound again, which when you switch back to the FPV drone also causes the remote to lose binding and the motion controller so they all have to be bound again. It seems to be a goggle problem as until you re-bind the remotes stay linked.

Switching back to the FPV system also now loses the binding, anyone else having this issue, or come up with a soloution?

I noted that Joshua Bardwell said on his recent chat that he has heard of this problem but not experienced it himself.

2021-3-11
Use props
fans12a25b98
lvl.4
Flight distance : 191486 ft
Germany

I have the same problem
2021-3-11
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253832 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yea me too, from what I've seen on various forums, many have this issue. I got an email from a DJI tech today saying they will be addressing this and other issues in upcoming firmware updates.
2021-3-11
Use props
fans848f7190
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20669 ft
United States

I don't understand how they have not fixed this yet! In the beginning I was like oh no big deal DJI will surely release an update soon fixing this issue. It's now been 5 weeks for me and is getting rediculous!@!
2021-4-9
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

yep, here the same issue ... it's been very quiet if you concern this product updates ... did DJI forget how to issue one ...? ;-)
2021-4-12
Use props
MoTastic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67044 ft
United States

Just purchased the original controller to use with a new drone with a Caddx vista and the V2 goggles that came with my DJI FPV Drone.  Hear we are halfway through April, I’m having the same issue.
2021-4-16
Use props
FrootWhoopz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253832 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cant remember who but one of the big named YouTubers said on one of their videos that DJI commented to them that its not an issue and that is how it is for now.
2021-4-16
Use props
djiuser_L2W6bpRZCFeD
New

Netherlands

Yep, same issue here. I was actually standing in the field, ready to fly and show the DJI FPV drone to some people but did not know how to rebind everything. So no flying that day
This Youtuber perfectly demonstrates the issue and now at least I know how to switch again, but it is a pain in the butt of course, having to do this each time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpIQECb2fNA
2021-5-10
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

MoTastic Posted at 4-16 13:20
Just purchased the original controller to use with a new drone with a Caddx vista and the V2 goggles that came with my DJI FPV Drone.  Hear we are halfway through April, I’m having the same issue.

Same here. Bought 5 Vista kits and the DJI transmitter. They do work together, but I find the range is terrible. And, as both the video and the control signals are both on 5.8ghz, when you loose one, you also loose the other. I got tired of having to chase my drone down, so I put the DJI transmitter back in it's box, and I'll use Crossfire from now on.
2021-5-11
Use props
fans848f7190
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20669 ft
United States

cootertwo Posted at 5-11 11:03
Same here. Bought 5 Vista kits and the DJI transmitter. They do work together, but I find the range is terrible. And, as both the video and the control signals are both on 5.8ghz, when you loose one, you also loose the other. I got tired of having to chase my drone down, so I put the DJI transmitter back in it's box, and I'll use Crossfire from now on.

Range is terrible? I've gone out over a mile zero issue's.
2021-5-12
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

Maybe a mile with nothing between you and the drone. I'm talking about flying around in a forest of trees and bushes, behind buildings, etc. etc.
2021-5-13
Use props
fansebae
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7672598 ft
  • >>>
Canada

cootertwo Posted at 5-13 10:14
Maybe a mile with nothing between you and the drone. I'm talking about flying around in a forest of trees and bushes, behind buildings, etc. etc.

try lowering the output power. i get better results in thick forest with 500mw. but as always - ymmv
2021-5-13
Use props
Chattavut
lvl.1
Flight distance : 373051 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Got the same problems. Binding every time to switch between FPV and Digital FPV is not practical. DJI need to fixed this otherwise the DJI FPV drone will be a bad investment  that prevent newcomer to join the DJI FPV and lost competitive due to lack of compatibility with other digital FPV ecosystem.
2021-6-5
Use props
MoppelMat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139167 ft
Austria

yeah me2. constantly rebinding is a pita
2021-6-17
Use props
elconcho
lvl.1

Canada

Did this ever get fixed in a firmware update?
2021-7-6
Use props
COLDFusion
lvl.3
Flight distance : 279583 ft
Germany

elconcho Posted at 7-6 10:37
Did this ever get fixed in a firmware update?

wait for it ....................
2021-7-6
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

Hello !!

Unfortunately this and other problems have not yet been solved ..... we only hope that the DJI has not abandoned this drone ..
2021-7-6
Use props
Fede_lavista
lvl.1

Argentina

just finding out this now.. what a ROYAL PITA. How can this be so hard to fix? it's September, I've got the latest firmware for all the devices and still need to re-bind whenever I switch from Drone FPV to Air Unit...
2021-9-6
Use props
djiuser_9ksax4HTPijU
New

United States

Yep it still happening to this day. Almost December 2021 and they can't figure it out yet that we need to be able to switch without rebinding! I have the DJI fpv I have a shocker tank and I have the Hglrc Racewhoop30. The Shocker tank and the DJI fpv aren't a problem with rebinding, for me just a little bit of a pain in the butt. The Hglrc Racewhoop30 on the other hand is a nightmare to rebound! Come on DJI please fix this issue!
2021-11-19
Use props
Starkov
lvl.1
Flight distance : 867526 ft
Canada

Same issue here. This is really major problem and deal breaker.every time to rebind again and again. That's a nightmare.i usually fly DJI drone and Vista. It's so inconvenient to do it on the field. Is there any feature request form to vote for the fix? This have to be fixed.
2021-12-27
Use props
djiuser_cdHAGLiLk4TL
lvl.1

Switzerland

Same here! Flying Dji FPV and Vista, it is such a nightmare to always rebind when changing - especially on the field!
Please Dji fix this issue asap. It is already known for such a long time! Thanks!
2022-1-10
Use props
fans9715457c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39567 ft
United States

As I join everyone at being shocked and upset that this still isn't resolved, I'm wondering if anyone has submitted an official bug report or feature request? If that hasn't been done yet, and if anyone can tell me where to start the process, I'm happy to fill one out.
2022-1-18
Use props
fans9715457c
lvl.2
United States

I ended up going to https://www.dji.com/support/product/fpv, then at the bottom I clicked Email under the Contact Us section. I'll paste in the message I sent below, and if others would like to send a similar message please do.

My message body:

"I received the Goggles V2 with the FPV drone. I also want to use the Goggles V2 with a DJI Air Unit. Every time I switch to the Air Unit, the goggles looses its binding with the FPV drone. This is affecting many users as outlined in the forums which I'll link to below. I'm making an official request for a firmware fix on the Goggles V2 so that it does not lose FPV binding when switching to Air Unit mode.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237697"
2022-1-18
Use props
fans9715457c
lvl.2
United States

Support responded with the following:

"After the Goggles V2 is switched to the DJI Digital FPV System and linked to the air unit of the system, they have to be relinked to the DJI FPV Drone when switched back to FPV mode. However, if the goggles are not linked to the air unit of the DJI Digital FPV System, it is unnecessary to relink them to the DJI FPV drone.

I am so sorry that this is the current setting, make sure the drone, remote control, and Goggles V2 are fully connected. But I will give your suggestion back to DJI senior department. Hope to add this feature in a future firmware update."

So, if you're also interested in this being corrected please consider expressing your interest with support.

2022-1-31
Use props
Tepepaz
lvl.1

Italy

I just found out about this issue and already getting so annoyed.

My caddx vista is hidden inside my drone frame and every time I have to unscrew it in order to be able to reach the binding button...so frustrating
2022-2-1
Use props
djiuser_1CDZuHCj9lLj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67815 ft
United States

I have the same issue here in march of 2022, it’s a pain, when I switch back to my dji fpv I have to re bind the goggles, remote, and drone…then when I switch to my home builds I have to rebind them too…it’s not a hard job but I wouldn’t mind switching from my home built and just go flying and Vice versa…for the price the dji fpv and the 2 caddx vista cost this seems like a stupid problem to have….at this point in time is there a firmware up date that I’m missing?
2022-3-19
Use props
SJurick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207159 ft
United States

2022-04-03

Switched from FPV Digital System to FPV Drone System, flew the DJI Drone for a while.  Tried switching back to Digital System (Caddx Vista) and controller is still bound to the quads, but can't get the Goggles V2 to rebind.  Now my Vista units are useless unless I get a second pair of goggles for only Vista units...  
2022-4-3
Use props
RB04
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11050 ft
Philippines

Still no update regarding this Issue? Any news to resolve this annoying thing?
2022-7-22
Use props
danbst
lvl.2
United Kingdom

There are a lot of youtubers that slate DJI for not giving the customer what they want. I wonder if thats true?

Canvas mode? ....Crickets.
Fix for this god awful fault that is so annoying I can't even begin to say. Stripping down a Cinewhoop to get at the bind button every time I switch back AND how annoying is it to re-bind the FPV drone itself. Really. Any news after a year and a half ?  ....Crickets.
Forced Firmware update annoyances and the ability now to downgrade.... Crickets.
Video out ..... Crickets.

Lets pause here for a moment. Would I buy the new DJI kit that Patent Docs have just leaked? Tough one. Will I switch to Walksnail?

In a nutshell, DJI I have purchased your products as far back as the NAZA V2. I have had many of your Mavic series of drones, FPV unit, 6 Air units V1 Goggles, V2 Goggles.

You've had my last dime. I'm done with this now.
2022-7-28
Use props
Maetthum
lvl.1
Flight distance : 940535 ft

Switzerland

It’s nearly end of 2022 and I still gave this issue… anyone else left with dissembling the quad for each new bind?
2022-10-9
Use props
Ernest Stock
lvl.1
Flight distance : 238327 ft
United Kingdom

Maetthum Posted at 10-9 03:56
It’s nearly end of 2022 and I still gave this issue… anyone else left with dissembling the quad for each new bind?

yes , just upgraded to digital with Avata and a cinewhoop with vista
and now have joined this " rebind-every-time " club  .
jolly annoying
2022-10-23
Use props
djiuser_K89WOZSnBCCW
lvl.1

France

Just got the new O3 for one of my drone.
When' I switch from old air unit mode to new one, I have to rebind all !!!!!!
Please DJI. Fix this. It s a pain for all the community !
2022-11-30
Use props
coolbeans
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20778 ft
United Kingdom

I also got the o3 air unit in a Cinebot 30 which is great but I was well surprised that I had to rebind my vista drones when switching to fpv system mode. This is completely unacceptable. What is even more bizarre is you only have to rebind one of your vista drones and they all work, so binding data is there between the two modes. Until this is resolved I would tell anyone on v2 goggles and vistas to stay clear of the o3 system.
2023-1-9
Use props
phillip.whillie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89 ft

Australia

It's 2023 now, the aliens are invading and DJI still won't address this problem, f the aliens, fix my binding issues please!!!
2023-2-14
Use props
djiuser_DWTMgeOb6FeG
New

Germany

Do this DJI or send me 6 More o3s for my other quads
2023-5-28
Use props
lesgrebe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 846503 ft
Austria

Hello,

same here...

When I´m switching from DJI O3 Air Unit to DJI FPV and vice versa I always have to rebind my DJI Goggles V2 and DJI Remote Controller 2 with the air unit or the fpv drone.
Firmeware is the latest on every device.

Is there any news on this - now we have June 2023

Regards
Michi
2023-6-20
Use props
lesgrebe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 846503 ft
Austria

Hello Community!

I've contacted support via chat and also get an phone call and they sayed, this is the actual function/behavior and no bug. So I don't think there will be a feature that doesn't require you to rebind your systems (goggles v2 and rc2) everytime after switching.
Answer from support:

"The control signal band cannot be messed up, and one aircraft and remote control shake hands and use 1-to-1 communication. Its to prevent control channel crosstalk. This is the same as the automatic car key. If you want to pair a car key with another car, you need to re-pair the frequency."

Regards
Michi

2023-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules