Rotation after controller drop
835 6 2021-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Glofilter
lvl.2
United States

I have a FPV drone, and love it.  It's so fun and easy.  Just love the thing- can't say enough about how much I'm glad I spent the money on it.

However, I was sitting on the back of my pickup truck tailgate flying it, as I'm a "leaner" and would fall over if I stood up while flying, and when my spotter asked me a question after I landed, I put my controller down and accidentally knocked it off the gate and onto the ground.  There's not a scratch on it, but when I started flying again, the drone began to rotate clockwise (looking down).  I landed, turned off the radio and then back on, but the drone still rotates.  I can stop it with a little left rudder.  I love the remote, but it doesn't have trim on it, so I'm wondering if I broke the thing.  Any suggestions?
2021-3-11
Use props
Achromicat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124117 ft
United States

Calibrate it in the settings, I had the same issue.
In the goggles:
Settings > Controller > RC Calibration
2021-3-11
Use props
Glofilter
lvl.2
United States

Achromicat Posted at 3-11 16:54
Calibrate it in the settings, I had the same issue.
In the goggles:
Settings > Controller > RC Calibration

Calibration fixed it.  The left stick isn't as solid as the right one- it moves around a tiny bit.  Hopefully it will be okay long term.
2021-3-11
Use props
Achromicat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124117 ft
United States

Glofilter Posted at 3-11 19:10
Calibration fixed it.  The left stick isn't as solid as the right one- it moves around a tiny bit.  Hopefully it will be okay long term.

You can try to fix that issue by adjusting the screws on the back, too.
2021-3-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Glofilter. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to calibrate the said remote controller to see if the issue will still persist. If the issue persist it would be best to contact our DJI support Team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. Thank you.
2021-3-11
Use props
Glofilter
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-11 23:12
Hello there Glofilter. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to calibrate the said remote controller to see if the issue will still persist. If the issue persist it would be best to contact our DJI support Team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. Thank you.

Thanks everyone.  It flies well now.  I've flow it twice and it seems to fly straight.  When I calibrate the sticks, it doesn't remember 100% on the rudder stick, MODE 2, which makes me think the screws are loose.  Also, it won't fly unless I calibrate the controller first.  I just flew it for about 5 minutes, landed, and now it won't take off.  Do you think it is because of the stick?
Actually- don't answer that.  I will start a new thread since this is a separate topic.
2021-3-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Glofilter Posted at 3-12 10:44
Thanks everyone.  It flies well now.  I've flow it twice and it seems to fly straight.  When I calibrate the sticks, it doesn't remember 100% on the rudder stick, MODE 2, which makes me think the screws are loose.  Also, it won't fly unless I calibrate the controller first.  I just flew it for about 5 minutes, landed, and now it won't take off.  Do you think it is because of the stick?
Actually- don't answer that.  I will start a new thread since this is a separate topic.

Hi there Glofilter. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2021-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules