Mavic 2 Pro automatically cropping images on all editing software please help!
1365 7 2021-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_cPwHxhENv08B
lvl.1

United States

Howdy folks!

So i have the mavic 2 pro, and have it set to RAW. Ive been a photographer for about 8 years now, and shoot exclusively in that time. I have my drone set to 3:2 ratio, and to also shoot raw. Go out, fly the drone compose my shots and im happy with them.

However i get home and put them on the computer and the preview image is very pixelated and just looks odd. Once I get it into photoshop, or capture one, or pretty much any other editing software, the pictures automatically gets cropped, snd this is super annoying as i compose them and then information that was crucial to the shot is now cut off. I’ve posted this on countless forums and asked all my drone flying friends, and no one has had this problem except for a handful of forum posts; and even then their issue was not resolved.

Any help is appreciated and if theres anything I can provide that would help please let me know.
2021-3-11
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Cropped by how much? A pixelated preview image is probably a clue, but we need more info in addition to how much cropping you are experiencing, like what OS version you are on and on which version photo editor(s) you are seeing the problem. Do you get the same crop when you use the native aspect ratio? Are you using the latest firmware for the Mavic Pro 2?
2021-3-11
Use props
djiuser_cPwHxhENv08B
lvl.1

United States

Ex Machina Posted at 3-11 16:18
Cropped by how much? A pixelated preview image is probably a clue, but we need more info in addition to how much cropping you are experiencing, like what OS version you are on and on which version photo editor(s) you are seeing the problem. Do you get the same crop when you use the native aspect ratio? Are you using the latest firmware for the Mavic Pro 2?

Its a pretty significant crop. I believe its the latest firmware. Is there a way to update it on the drone itself?

Also does the forum support the dji raw files? I can upload them.
2021-3-11
Use props
Archium Photo
lvl.1

United States

here is a screen grab of the windows preview

and this is it in Photoshop

better examples Preview  

and in photoshop...
2021-3-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You have the same issue as this guy:
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... 07870/#post-1222435

The explanation is in post #7
2021-3-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Automatic lens correction being applied, in the boat example the jetty changes shape quite noticably.
2021-3-12
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Yup, many/most photo apps will honor the embedded lens profile, but looks like Windows preview doesn't.
2021-3-13
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

I am kinda surprised, though, that the DJI app isn't applying the lens correction on the fly so you can reliably frame your shots. Maybe I've just never noticed this before -- heck, I can barely see my screen as it is. ;)
2021-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules