You guys have been asking (first 7 days with the DJI FPV drone)
1255 14 2021-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Disclaimer: This is a really long video, not aimed at entertainment. I'm trying to answer the questions of a few of you of how I get on and how I like the DJI FPV drone.
In short: I love it - but it's scary.
Been flying for 7 days now, mostly in S-mode but starting M-mode on the fourth day. So far in the angle restriction mode. If you can forget your fear and wear the goggles it works very well.
First use of M-mode is at 2.20.

Will have to do a lot more training.
The training app of DJI looks good but is far too sensitive. I can't get the hang of it and crash or wobble around all the time: the rates are too high and the angles are unrestricted. So I use Velocidrone which is okay, even in acro/rate mode.

Music: Audiio.com

2021-3-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good to see that M mode is harder than the simulator suggests,  you did well when you switched to that mode.
2021-3-12
Use props
Depp
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 3-12 00:42
Good to see that M mode is harder than the simulator suggests,  you did well when you switched to that mode.

Yes, it's definitely easier than the sim but I stayed rather high, at least at first.
2021-3-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Considering you have only had the drone for 7 days you did quite well in M mode.  In several videos I've watched I keep hearing that altitude is your friend while learning M mode.  Unfortunately, the simulator is iOS only at this point.  I'm interested in the DJI FPV but really need to check out the simulator.  Took me a while to get confident with my cinewhoop FPV drone.  At least it is cheaper to repair if I crash it.   
2021-3-12
Use props
Depp
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-12 06:16
Considering you have only had the drone for 7 days you did quite well in M mode.  In several videos I've watched I keep hearing that altitude is your friend while learning M mode.  Unfortunately, the simulator is iOS only at this point.  I'm interested in the DJI FPV but really need to check out the simulator.  Took me a while to get confident with my cinewhoop FPV drone.  At least it is cheaper to repair if I crash it.

Thanks.
Well, the simulator is without angle/altitude mode and with very sensitive settings. I absolutely can't get the hang of it.
If you're flying a "real" fpv drone you should be okay with this one.
I plan to go the other way and buy a cinewhoop <250g once I find one that works with the new controller...
You can use the sim with the phone only but that doesn't give you any feel for the drone. You have to have controller and goggles and I don't think that any except the originals will work :-(
2021-3-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 3-12 10:59
Thanks.
Well, the simulator is without angle/altitude mode and with very sensitive settings. I absolutely can't get the hang of it.
If you're flying a "real" fpv drone you should be okay with this one.

You're welcome.  Have a great day.
2021-3-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Just caught this on YT before seeing your post to the forum. Way too risky for me
2021-3-13
Use props
Cacike47
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3230748 ft

United States

Looks like a lot of fun, if I was younger, I would try it. But I'll settle for seeing the videos. Thanks for sharing
2021-3-13
Use props
Depp
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

Blériot53 Posted at 3-13 15:38
Just caught this on YT before seeing your post to the forum. Way too risky for me

Merci, Monsieur! Was it shown to you on YT?! Funny.
It's not that risky I guess but you have to be into shooting video and/or like flying in itself. In N and S modes you can fly it like a Mavic. But it certainly isn't a must have for photo or even video.
2021-3-13
Use props
Depp
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

Cacike47 Posted at 3-13 17:45
Looks like a lot of fun, if I was younger, I would try it. But I'll settle for seeing the videos. Thanks for sharing

Thanks.
It is fun. I don't think I'll ever be into the "acrobatic" or rather aerobatic side of flying but a bit more dynamic and maybe mountain surfing might be nice.
2021-3-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cool video.
Like the captions you added!
2021-3-15
Use props
Depp
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 3-15 11:38
Cool video.
Like the captions you added!

Thanks.
Otherwise it would have felt even longer.
2021-3-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Depp Posted at 3-15 22:52
Thanks.
Otherwise it would have felt even longer.

You're welcome!
It most certainly works to keep the attention!
2021-3-15
Use props
djiuser_h24GwhGpRk8S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 51486 ft
Greece

Nice video cool footage!
2023-7-21
Use props
Depp
Captain