Motion lapse gimbal camera twitch normal?
2489 10 2021-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5e0e4445
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Just wondering if this is normal and if anyone else experiences it whilst shooting motion lapses - as the gimbal follows its path it does a little twitch after every capture for instance of I set a tilt with no horizontal movement the gimbal will twitch to the left or right afterwards every capture, it doesn't effect the final video but just strikes me as really weird
2021-3-11
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

If you search the forums this has been reported by other people. No solution was given and as you say it doesn’t effect the final result.

2021-3-11
Use props
fans5e0e4445
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

AlanHd Posted at 3-11 23:11
If you search the forums this has been reported by other people. No solution was given and as you say it doesn’t effect the final result.

Ah okay thanks for that Alan
2021-3-11
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Its more noticeable when you select the very short interval settings. I reported this a while back and DJI's answer is that its normal, but I'm skeptical as I have done motion lapse with the older Osmo Pocket and don't see this unusual behaviour. Still monitoring my gimbal performance as I'm noticing other odd anomalies. Having said that, the resulting videos are all good - no jerky movements recorded. Don't know what to say about that.
2021-3-12
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Yes - it seems fine.  My Pocket one and Pocket Two do the same both with excellent results.  I'm guessing there must be a reason for it.
2021-3-12
Use props
fans5e0e4445
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks for the feedback I just wanted to make sure I didn’t have an isolated issue. Its odd that DJI would consider that normal behaviour but whatever now just give me 4K motion lapse video functionality and I’ll be happy ish
2021-3-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fans5e0e4445. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. As already been mentioned, this is a normal gimbal movement phenomenon. The gimbal will become temporarily powerless after every photo is captured, and it will then restart and point to the position of the next target when capturing the following picture. The gimbal movement will not affect the stability or the end result of the Timelapse/Motionlapse. Please avoid touching the gimbal during Timelapse/Motionlapse.
2021-3-13
Use props
fans5e0e4445
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-13 03:48
Hi, fans5e0e4445. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. As already been mentioned, this is a normal gimbal movement phenomenon. The gimbal will become temporarily powerless after every photo is captured, and it will then restart and point to the position of the next target when capturing the following picture. The gimbal movement will not affect the stability or the end result of the Timelapse/Motionlapse. Please avoid touching the gimbal during Timelapse/Motionlapse.

Many thanks for the detailed explanation.
2021-3-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans5e0e4445 Posted at 3-13 04:03
Many thanks for the detailed explanation.

You're most welcome and should you have further concerns, please let us know.
2021-3-13
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-13 03:48

I know that I've brought this up before, but why don't we see this happening with the older Osmo Pocket? Why is the newer Pocket 2 behaving in this unusual manner?
2021-3-26
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Psoon Posted at 3-26 13:23
I know that I've brought this up before, but why don't we see this happening with the older Osmo Pocket? Why is the newer Pocket 2 behaving in this unusual manner?

My Pocket 1 does the same.  I understood it was a power saving function so the the gimbal was not powered the entire length of the take.
2021-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules