DJI Osmo Pocket 2 video vibrating/flickers
8620 18 2021-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RaymanEST
lvl.1
Thailand

Hello guys, maybe you can help me with my problem with Osmo Pocket 2 Camera. I bought this camera on 13/02/2021. But after a week of use, I noticed that the video started to flicker/vibrate/whobble. This is especially evident when the camera is held in one place. I don't use a wide-angle lens, but I did see that a similar flicker problem was seen in the first version of the Pockets when the wide-angle lens was used. However, for my camera, it doesn't matter if the wide-angle lens is in front or not. The vibration and flickering can be clearly seen in this video here: https://we.tl/t-DuIdLX6C09   I am recordin on 4K60fps but I have tried other resolutions, but the problem will still not go away.
I've tried everything, Gimbal calibration, reset camera, pro mode, focus features, with and without a phone, but the vibration doesn't go away. Some moments have more vibration and some moments have less.
Has anyone else encountered such a problem with the Osmo Pocket 2 camera? Is the DJI a warranty service and for how long? I bought a camera in Thailand and am currently in Thailand. What to do now? It's a fairly expensive camera to throw in the bottom of a drawer.

2021-3-12
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have not encountered this. One thing you did not mention, using the Mimo app to upgrade firmware before 1st use?
2021-3-12
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Firstly update the firmware if not yet done then in settings there is an option to reset the gimbal to factory settings do that & then test it if still has same problem claim warranty from DJI  
2021-3-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, RaymanEST. Thanks for reaching out and posting your issue. We recommend checking whether your DJI Pocket 2 is running the latest firmware version by going thru the Settings. The latest version for the DJI Pocket 2 would be V01.03.00.10 and can be updated via the DJI Mimo app. Once the update is complete, please perform a gimbal calibration and do another test to see if the same problem would persist.

2021-3-13
Use props
RaymanEST
lvl.1
Thailand

Yes, my Pocket 2 updated to latest firmware V01.03.00.10, when i first connected it to phone. This problem comes and goes. When I filmed and tested on the beach today, 30fps wasn't as much to see as I filmed at 60fps. Today the flicker was smaller, but still noticeable.
2021-3-14
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

when it happens, are you using any filters attached to the lens?
2021-3-18
Use props
RaymanEST
lvl.1
Thailand

Mgozer Posted at 3-18 04:22
when it happens, are you using any filters attached to the lens?

No, this is without filter attached.
2021-4-28
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I think it is defective. It is 1 year warranty.

I would recommend taking contact to dji support and send it to their repair service. They will guide you.
2021-4-29
Use props
RaymanEST
lvl.1
Thailand

So i send my camera to dealer on 22.03.2021 and now it is over a 1 MONTH that i can not use my camera. They give me case number, but it is not working on DJI homepage.  My camera status information is very difficult to get. Complete ignorance!
2021-4-29
Use props
RaymanEST
lvl.1
Thailand

Aavalaakso Posted at 4-29 00:02
I think it is defective. It is 1 year warranty.

I would recommend taking contact to dji support and send it to their repair service. They will guide you.

Hi! I send it to dealer already on 22.03.2021 and they send it to Synnex Thailand who is the official DJI dealer. They did not give me correct case number to check status on DJI homepage.
2021-4-29
Use props
RaymanEST
lvl.1
Thailand

At the moment, it seems that at least in Thailand, there are problems with the aftercare of DJI products. I bought this camera because I wanted to shoot beautiful shots here, but now I've been without my camera for over a month. In the past, I have not had a warranty case for any device for more than a few weeks, which is a long time in itself.
2021-4-29
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

RaymanEST Posted at 4-29 00:24
At the moment, it seems that at least in Thailand, there are problems with the aftercare of DJI products. I bought this camera because I wanted to shoot beautiful shots here, but now I've been without my camera for over a month. In the past, I have not had a warranty case for any device for more than a few weeks, which is a long time in itself.

Hi

Between Finland - Germany, Total time without Pocket 2 was 4 weeks for me. Nearly 2 weeks per way traveling + care time in Germany.
2021-4-29
Use props
djiuser_lYeEmygOG397
New
Germany

Hey,
yesterday i received a pocket 2 from the dji store and it has a similar / related problem.
in addition to the micro-jitter / vibration the gimbal produces a strange buzzing.
i've updated, reseted and calibrated the camera. attached phone, changed settings used it standalone but the issue still randomly appears.

Firmware: 01.03.00.10
Camera Firmware: 0.00.00.01 / 01.30.54.86
Gimbal Firmware 0.04.09.07 / 02.00.15.74
Control Stick Firmware: 01.00.06.07
Handle Firmware 01.00.12.15
2021-5-20
Use props
djiuser_Oj4nFpMr9v4X
New

Germany

Hey man I also purchased the dji pocket 2 a week ago and as of today I am having the same issue. I am shooting pro mode cinelink. And playing around the iso amd aperture but whatever i do the video is jittery and kinda blurred my firmware is up to date anyone knows how to fix this? Or should I ask for dji support? Kindly help me I barely manage to buy this I am a student and it’s stressing me out. Thank You
2022-1-1
Use props
Chrys86
New

Hungary

Hi everyone,

I have bought my OP2 a week ago and I have same issue. Is there any way to fix because I am almost unable to use. I have already tried to calibrate, checked the firmware (it is the latest one). I am planning to take it back and not more OP2. I am very disappointed.

Thanks in advance!
2022-8-15
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

Mine at least for now doesn't do such thing... can't you replace it for another? Or warranty?
2022-8-16
Use props
PAntoc
New

United Arab Emirates

Mine having the same issue, is there a concrete solution to this?
2022-8-29
Use props
Stefin
lvl.1

India

Hai I’m from Tamil Nadu State, India … I had Same vibrate  Issues … I try many thinks … like reset, firmware update, but not use at all… DJI kindly give solution.. or warranty claim… ( I’m search in India no service centre )
2022-10-11
Use props
djiuser_dDoqVcy0haqo
New

South Africa

I'm from South Africa. Same issue, everything updated, reset, nothing helps.
2023-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules