8474 9 2021-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8e2f5db2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 336115 ft
Sweden

Hi
Does anyone know official numbers on  controller battery life on mini 2 when using ios vs android ?
Before the mavic mini controller with ios lasted 4 1/2 hour vs android 1 hour and 40min
// mattias
2021-3-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fans8e2f5db2. Thanks for reaching out and posting your inquiry. We regret to inform you that we don't have official information regarding that but as per our tests, the maximum runtime of the DJI Mini 2 remote would be around 6 hours.
2021-3-13
Use props
fans8e2f5db2
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-13 03:21
Hi, fans8e2f5db2. Thanks for reaching out and posting your inquiry. We regret to inform you that we don't have official information regarding that but as per our tests, the maximum runtime of the DJI Mini 2 remote would be around 6 hours.

Thank you but i would like to know the difference in controller run time when using iphone vs android sense before its been a huge difference.
2021-3-13
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

fans8e2f5db2 Posted at 3-13 03:35
Thank you but i would like to know the difference in controller run time when using iphone vs android sense before its been a huge difference.

now it will be even huger... old one 2600 mah, new one 5200mah, so difference is double. so you double the previous numbers and probably remove a couple of hours as the new controller supports higher frequences and occusync, hence consumption is probably higher compared to wifi of the old one.
2021-3-13
Use props
fans8e2f5db2
lvl.2
Sweden

sbonev Posted at 3-13 04:07
now it will be even huger... old one 2600 mah, new one 5200mah, so difference is double. so you double the previous numbers and probably remove a couple of hours as the new controller supports higher frequences and occusync, hence consumption is probably higher compared to wifi of the old one.

I guess you're right but would be nice to see some numbers from dji or someone who has tested
2021-3-15
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I use android and fly an Air 2. Remote battery lasts LOTS of flight batteries.
2021-3-15
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I don't know they can give you a accurate number as different phones may use different charge rates. Also if your phone was charged before you connected it there would not need to be much charging. I would probably guess in the range of 2 - 4 hours
2021-3-15
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

fans8e2f5db2 Posted at 3-15 09:53
I guess you're right but would be nice to see some numbers from dji or someone who has tested

well it would be nice but it is not the case...i doubt anybody has such numbers as they cannot be exact and are subject to different conditions - flight time, environment, phone type, etc. if you want them so much go out and test for yourself...
2021-3-15
Use props
marc70
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4762470 ft
Canada

So what’s best practice to make the controller battery life last longer? Recharge after 1st light goes out? Let 2 or more lights go out before charging?
Obviously don’t let it fully discharge while flying. D’uh!
2021-7-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am in the practice of charging everything as soon as I get home, then check the day before I know I  flying to make sure all is still charged.
That way, everything is charged and ready to go at the drop of a hat. I have practised this was since owning my P4P (1st drone),  its just over
4 years old and still has the original battery and 2 others that are all going strong, I have a 4th but that's relatively new as I got one wet. So
charging once you get home is a good practice in my eyes, I have set the batteries to discharge after 10 days and will reset the timer before its up
or I will recharge them again even if no flight is in the forecast.
2021-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules