3068 4 2021-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrPFT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 268612 ft
Portugal

Hey guys,

been messing around with 360/720 VR panoramas with RS2 but I can't seem to stitch them perfectly.

I have tried a Sony A7iii + 18mm lens and a Nikon D7500 + 10mm lens. I always set the camera and settings right on the gimbal. I have tried 30%, 40% and 50% overlap. Still no luck.

I have also tried every single stitching software available* (that I know of), and they all give more or less the same errors.

How do you guys stitch your 360 panoramas?
Is there something I could be doing wrong?

* PTGui, Microsoft ICE, Hugin, Gigpano, DJI Media Maker,...
2021-3-12
Use props
carasdesign
lvl.1

Romania

Hello there
2021-3-19
Use props
carasdesign
lvl.1

Romania

Hello there
There can be few problem, the ax (center) of the camera+lens don't meet the setup for 360 picture (paralax conflict).
If you will use manual head panormama, you will do best, because there is no need for calibration, check this link and see what is all about
https://youtu.be/1ke6CZIqhZ0?t=74

So, there are 2 different things.
I do pano with 24mm, look pretty perfect, and i use LR, really nice job
So, from my side, i suggest to not use WIDE lend, also the Ronin don't recognize portrait shooting mode, this is also another problem, so will be better if more picture with a range of 24mm till 35mm
because when to wide and use landscape, will be problem for (bending) image to be stick good.

Just try.
Wish you all my best,
Ionut.
2021-3-19
Use props
MrPFT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 268612 ft
Portugal

Thanks for the reply.

We actually use manual panoheads, but since the RS2 has the 720VR/360 modes in panorama I thought there would be a way to not have all the stitching errors.

Will try to use my 24MM lens with the RS2 to see if its any better, thanks for the advice. What sort of overlap do you use? is the "default" 30% enough?

Thanks!
2021-3-19
Use props
fansf29f61b5
New
United States

Did user MrPFTs to user Carasdesign only agree on 24mm lens??? Can someone please get exact instructions on how we capture 360 images ready for software??? Thank you so much I am sure we will all use this once the instructions are comprehensive and clear!!!
2022-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules