Turtle mode, what is that?
6783 11 2021-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arminius
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466752 ft
Chile

is there a video that explains this mode?
2021-3-12
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

haha, I don't think this quad needs one. Turtle mode enables you to flip the quad right side up when you crash upside down... however if you crash this one I don't think you will need this mode.. you'll need more like a trash can ...
2021-3-12
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Chile

maybe it's something very different from what we think
2021-3-12
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

Arminius Posted at 3-12 09:08
maybe it's something very different from what we think

I think it would be counterproductive to call something else turttle mode. This term is already being used by Betaflight to describe what I mentioned before. I don't hope to ever test it on my DJI FPV Drone...
2021-3-12
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Turtle mode does indeed flip the quad back over if you land upside down out of reach somewhere. You can link this feature to the controller's programmable buttons via the goggle menu.
2021-3-12
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Chile

if any one landed  upside down, please don't forget to make a video. I want see how the turtle with three arms gets up,  ...  
That'll be fun.

2021-3-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1
2021-3-13
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Chile

DAFlys Posted at 3-13 01:17
Yep - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237802&extra=page%3D1

thanks for the video
2021-3-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Arminius. Thanks for reaching out! Turtle Mode, Flip Over After Crash in Betaflight, is a mode that allows your drone to flip over if it is upside down by reversing the prop direction and spinning up very rapidly in order to lift a side of the drone so it flips to the upright position. It can be map under the Button Customization tab.
2021-3-13
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 612405 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-13 05:17
Hi, Arminius. Thanks for reaching out! Turtle Mode, Flip Over After Crash in Betaflight, is a mode that allows your drone to flip over if it is upside down by reversing the prop direction and spinning up very rapidly in order to lift a side of the drone so it flips to the upright position. It can be map under the Button Customization tab.
[view_image]

i have been trying to get mine to work as you can see in my crash video it would have helped once my goggles connected again but no matter what mode i switch to it will not flip over.

or even try.

any help?

2021-3-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Arminius Posted at 3-13 05:01
thanks for the video

You're very welcome.
2021-3-14
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

SeanOzz Posted at 3-13 15:25
i have been trying to get mine to work as you can see in my crash video it would have helped once my goggles connected again but no matter what mode i switch to it will not flip over.

or even try.

when you activate this mode you stil need to move your sticks for recovery. At leas it is the case in Betaflight turtle mode so I suspect the DJI to work this way as well ...
2021-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules