Phone screen blacks out during flight
399 5 2021-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stormchasernj
lvl.1

United States

I recently purchased a DJI mini 2. All the software and firmware are up to date. I am using android 11 on my phone. My question is has anyone experienced their screen blacking out while flying the drone? Mine has done this several times. During this situation, the drone is in the air and I am taking a photo or video and the screen on my phone resets to the DJI home screen or goes black, and then back to the camera viewing mode. Can anyone assist?

Thanks,

2021-3-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, stormchasernj. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We recommend checking whether you're using the latest version of the DJI Fly. Since you're using an Android device, please check and download the latest DJI Fly here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly then test if the same problem would persist.
2021-3-13
Use props
stormchasernj
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-13 00:12
Hi, stormchasernj. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We recommend checking whether you're using the latest version of the DJI Fly. Since you're using an Android device, please check and download the latest DJI Fly here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly then test if the same problem would persist.

Hey thanks for the reply. I own a galaxy s20 running android 11. The list does show my phone is compatible. I am also running the lastest DJI Fly app and on my drone as well. Any other suggestions?
2021-3-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

stormchasernj Posted at 3-13 06:24
Hey thanks for the reply. I own a galaxy s20 running android 11. The list does show my phone is compatible. I am also running the lastest DJI Fly app and on my drone as well. Any other suggestions?

Is there any specific time where the issue starts to occur? If you have a different mobile device to test it with, that would be ideal, or use a different connection cable should you have a spare one to use. Please let us know also if you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Fly.
2021-3-13
Use props
stormchasernj
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-13 23:39
Is there any specific time where the issue starts to occur? If you have a different mobile device to test it with, that would be ideal, or use a different connection cable should you have a spare one to use. Please let us know also if you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Fly.

Hey thanks for some good thoughts. I will try them out and let you know you what happens. Regarding the time, it seems to be random when I am flying the drone, I wish I could nail it down to an actual event situation.
2021-3-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

stormchasernj Posted at 3-14 16:57
Hey thanks for some good thoughts. I will try them out and let you know you what happens. Regarding the time, it seems to be random when I am flying the drone, I wish I could nail it down to an actual event situation.

Thanks for your prompt response and kindly keep us updated.
2021-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules