Can't Take Off FPV Drone!
7851 18 2021-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Glofilter
lvl.2
United States

I flew my FPV drone for the first time yesterday and it is fantastic.  Unfortunately I dropped the controller accidentally.  I don't see a scratch on it anywhere, it fell from about 3' to the pavement.

However, just after that, the drone rotated in the Yaw direction in hover and had a constant gentle left turn in flight.  I could cancel that with a little right rudder.  A forum user said to calibrate the controller, and I did, and it flew straight again.

Today, I took it outside to fly it again, but it wouldn't start the motors so I could fly no matter what I did.  I cycled power to everything twice, nothing.  Then I decided to calibrate the controller- and after calibration it worked- took off, flew very well.  Then I landed after about 5 minutes.  Now it won't take off again.  I landed by holding the down stick until it landed and shut off.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

Also, when I calibrated the controller, I moved the sticks in all directions, and just before it said it was successful, it showed maximum throw for the yaw to the left to be 88%- everything else was 100%.  Middle seems to be moving between 0% and 2% to the left.  It gave a successful calibration message, but I think that axis might be a little screwed up.  Any idea how to fix it?  Thanks.
2021-3-12
Use props
Glofilter
lvl.2
United States

I went outside to try again.  The motors will not turn on.  I calibrated the controller twice and no matter what I do, the motors simply will not turn on and I cannot fly.  There are no errors displayed.  I do see a red icon in the bottom just to the left of the RC and HD signal strength icons that stays red all of the time.  Not sure what that icon is for.
2021-3-12
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When you power up the remote, and then the aircraft, is the controller connecting to the drone? (Battery level lights not flashing)
If they are not solid it may have lost the pairing.

To start the motors, if you are using the sticks into the corner method, if the sticks are not registering being in the corners then it won't start, may be the fall has damaged the controller.

The Mavic controllers used to suffer a similar problem when they were dropped, either the plastic hinge inside that holds the stick would snap so the magnet on the end of the stick could not be detected by the Hall effect sensor in the controller, or worse the impact would break the Hall effect device off the PCB.

Try calibrating again, but if you are not getting 100% that is probably why the motors won't start.

If there is no RC connected then you will get a red banner on the right hand side of the display the does say 'RC NOT CONNECTED'

2021-3-12
Use props
Glofilter
lvl.2
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 3-12 13:47
When you power up the remote, and then the aircraft, is the controller connecting to the drone? (Battery level lights not flashing)
If they are not solid it may have lost the pairing.

It says it is connected to the controller.  I can start the video recording from the controller.  I can't believe a fall from 3 feet could damage the controller, but maybe so.  That's either a sign of a pretty shoddy controller or pretty bad luck that it landed just wrong.  
2021-3-12
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

Glofilter Posted at 3-12 16:40
It says it is connected to the controller.  I can start the video recording from the controller.  I can't believe a fall from 3 feet could damage the controller, but maybe so.  That's either a sign of a pretty shoddy controller or pretty bad luck that it landed just wrong.

re-link it to the drone, if still wonky you could try and crack it open by hand to see what came loose, or send it in to dji/pay for a new one and be down for a month to two.
2021-3-12
Use props
fans0686cd88
lvl.1

United States

I am having same issue with no drop. I flew great! Now have red icon for forward sensor. When I double click to start motors I just get double beep and nothing happens. Was great when it worked!
2021-3-15
Use props
Glofilter
lvl.2
United States

Yeah, I don't think my issue is from the drop.  There is something wrong.  Any official DJI support out there?
2021-3-15
Use props
info
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157671 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well it seems like this a very easy item to break. I literally am going through the same thing. A drop of about 3 ft and my remote is not working as well. I cannot calibrate the sticks and it just seems that the controller is not connected. Sometimes the green lights are blinking and sometimes they are not. I guess all the energy into making the drone tough as nails go lost with the controller.  Next one I get will have a lead on it.
2021-4-4
Use props
Glofilter
lvl.2
United States

For some reason, this Saturday and Sunday the remote calibrated and never lost calibration.  The drone flew fine (until I ran it into a telephone/cable TV line).  Very strange.  

That being said, it still wouldn't activate the motors turning the sticks down and in.  It did down and outward.  I think it is supposed to work either way- my other DJI drones do.
2021-4-5
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

Glofilter Posted at 4-5 06:42
For some reason, this Saturday and Sunday the remote calibrated and never lost calibration.  The drone flew fine (until I ran it into a telephone/cable TV line).  Very strange.  

That being said, it still wouldn't activate the motors turning the sticks down and in.  It did down and outward.  I think it is supposed to work either way- my other DJI drones do.

this is indeed what the manual says ...
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_TSi8kaUSrB3k
New
Australia

I’ve recently bought the DJI FPV Drone and I’m having trouble getting it to take off. Everything is connected the propellers are spinning. It will just Rev up really high but won’t even get off the ground and looks like it will flip. I’ve tried swapping the propellers around but hasn’t fixed the problem
2021-6-7
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

djiuser_TSi8kaUSrB3k Posted at 6-7 16:56
I’ve recently bought the DJI FPV Drone and I’m having trouble getting it to take off. Everything is connected the propellers are spinning. It will just Rev up really high but won’t even get off the ground and looks like it will flip. I’ve tried swapping the propellers around but hasn’t fixed the problem

It probably will flip if you leave part of the drone on the ground. You need to get the drone in the air in order for it to level itself. Just give a burst of throttle until you're in the air and then you'll wonder why you were so worried.
2021-6-7
Use props
macintox
lvl.1
Flight distance : 378156 ft
Taiwan

fans0686cd88 Posted at 2021-3-15 11:32
I am having same issue with no drop. I flew great! Now have red icon for forward sensor. When I double click to start motors I just get double beep and nothing happens. Was great when it worked!

anyone able to solve this issue? I have the same issue and no error in the status page, everything is fine except for the forward sensing vision icon, i did a refresh software and calibration, still nothing… A8D47293-EB0B-4D0F-8590-F215FF701841.jpeg
2022-3-31
Use props
fans6df3403e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 390623 ft
United States

macintox Posted at 3-31 18:44
anyone able to solve this issue? I have the same issue and no error in the status page, everything is fine except for the forward sensing vision icon, i did a refresh software and calibration, still nothing…[view_image]

I had similar problem with Double beep and lights ON -but Motor wont start. I changed my battery it started right away.
My issue was with battery and it took me 45 minutes of troubleshooting to see what was wrong. Because battery shows full and doesn't give any error.
2022-4-1
Use props
djiuser_7oHZ23v8dQYA
lvl.1

United States

Glofilter Posted at 2021-3-12 13:33
I went outside to try again.  The motors will not turn on.  I calibrated the controller twice and no matter what I do, the motors simply will not turn on and I cannot fly.  There are no errors displayed.  I do see a red icon in the bottom just to the left of the RC and HD signal strength icons that stays red all of the time.  Not sure what that icon is for.

Since no real response from DJI. I will troubleshoot, giving it a week more before I return back to Best Buy. I bought mine a week ago and been ground the entire time.
2022-4-23
Use props
djiuser_7oHZ23v8dQYA
lvl.1

United States

Only thing I can think of is draining the battery first then charging it again.  I will see what happens with mine
2022-4-23
Use props
djiuser_7oHZ23v8dQYA
lvl.1

United States

Motors won’t turn on. No real way to discharge the battery leaving it outside so it won’t overheat. Bought it a week ago can’t get it to fly.
2022-4-23
Use props
djiuser_7oHZ23v8dQYA
lvl.1

United States

Motors won’t turn on. No real way to discharge the battery leaving it outside so it won’t overheat. Bought it a week ago can’t get it to fly.
37D02313-DAA2-4CC7-BD5A-3680DFF54DCE.jpeg
2022-4-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_7oHZ23v8dQYA Posted at 4-23 21:52
Motors won’t turn on. No real way to discharge the battery leaving it outside so it won’t overheat. Bought it a week ago can’t get it to fly.

Hi, there. Sorry for the issue you've encountered. Is there any error message? Could you please tell me the serial number of the battery via PM to do a confirmation? Thank you.
2022-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules