DJI FPV First Flight - my first time flying FPV!
934 11 2021-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Illuminations
Captain
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

I finally got my DJI FPV drone activated, updated, and took it out for a spin - my first time flying FPV! I've got to say, as someone coming from the Mavic 2, even just flying in N and S modes with this thing is quite a thrilling experience. I honestly hadn't expected to be flying through fairly tight spaces and doing close passes to the ground so confidently after just a few minutes.

I'm not even going to try to fly in Manual mode until I can find a decent flight simulator to try on Android/PC - I had planned to learn via the DJI flight simulator, but I don't own an IOS device. To be honest, I'm perfectly happy with N and S modes right now, since they allow me to get that FPV style footage that I want to capture. So, first impressions from my first flight are very positive indeed - I love this thing and am already thinking of a dozen different places that would awesome to fly at, so stay tuned - more videos coming soon!
2021-3-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With the altitude limits on full manual seems to be easier to learn than in the simulator,  just start up high.
2021-3-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Nicely done and thanks for sharing your experience, Illuminations!
2021-3-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bit daring, but great first flight Illuminations.  
2021-3-13
Use props
John-_-D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-13 01:09
With the altitude limits on full manual seems to be easier to learn than in the simulator,  just start up high.

I'm planning to try that pretty soon too. The "Pause" button is a GREAT safety feature for those of us trying to learn!!!
2021-3-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

John-_-D Posted at 3-13 17:47
I'm planning to try that pretty soon too. The "ause" button is a GREAT safety feature for those of us trying to learn!!!

Good luck.
2021-3-14
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

it is funny you talk about being safe and take off your drone not even a meter away from yourself ...
2021-3-14
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

tomekyo Posted at 3-14 01:46
it is funny you talk about being safe and take off your drone not even a meter away from yourself ...

Usually I hand launch/land my Mavic, but I haven't quite got my nerve up with the FPV lol!
2021-3-14
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-13 01:09
With the altitude limits on full manual seems to be easier to learn than in the simulator,  just start up high.

Maybe, I want to get more time in S mode first though just to get used to flying at higher speeds.
2021-3-14
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-13 16:08
Bit daring, but great first flight Illuminations.

Thank you!
2021-3-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome.  Have a great day.
2021-3-15
Use props
Montfrooij