Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI FPV Products Take Hollywood by Storm - Mavic can do that to!
887 7 2021-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha,

This recent video using DJI FPV products has sent Hollywood into a Whoop World, and they are blown away!  The same can be done with the Mavic Series.

Read the article and watch the video.  Good fun if you can fly like that!  

The pilot uses the DJI FPV Goggles (antennaes removed in the photo) and a DJI FPV Air Unit on the shrouded drone.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021 ... H8YAKd3CmuaP_5naR0Y

2021-3-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pilot has some mad flying skills.  Love the ending.
2021-3-13
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-13 16:52
Pilot has some mad flying skills.  Love the ending.

Aloha RDB,

Really!  I cannot fly like that but I do like to mess with other more technical drone stuff.  I think I would go cross-eyed and crash in the first minute!  Way too fast for me!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-3-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

That's a great article and video! Thanks for sharing it here, Cetacean.
2021-3-14
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-14 03:14
That's a great article and video! Thanks for sharing it here, Cetacean.

Aloha Gamora,

Mahalo!  My friend is a director / producer and he posted it.  I have been trying for years to get him to see the benefits of DJI aerial products.  I hope he now sees the writing on the wall!  That really is a cool video.  BTW, I was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota!  (But I prefer warmer weather like here in Hawai'i!)

What I found interesting is the insurance requirements to actually make the one shot video.  You may want to pass on to your developers that the director had to use a Whoop quad because they have the shrouded propellers.  If DJI could come up with a shrouded prop system for the DJI FPV product, they would get a lot more customers due to the protection afforded by the shrouds when indoors.  It could even be an option, but insurance requirements for filming around people will demand the shroud.  The FAA may even provide an amendment for quads with shrouds in their Part 107 rules if DJI makes the right approach.

The funny part is how this insurance demand was shown in the video.  The part in the Splash Shot with the guy holding the bowling ball in his shirt had a purpose.  In order to fly between the guy's legs, his "manhood" had to be protected.  What better protection than a bowling ball!

It is so sad, but the major problem with the US market are all the insurance problems.  Solve the insurance problems and you have a shot at the market!  The US Part 107 requirements also show that concern.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-3-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow.
That is great!
2021-3-16