Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Activating DJI FPV V2 goggles without Drone
15928 20 2021-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_AV1IPu1SVGY3
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi guys,
I'm trying to activate the DJI FPV v2 goggles without a drone as I'm using it with the DJI air unit instead. Anyone know the proper procedure for this?

Cheers,
Kieran

2021-3-13
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

check you tube there is a good video on the topic and how to work around to get where you need to be ...
2021-3-13
Use props
djiuser_AV1IPu1SVGY3
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for the link. I actually followed that video.

I downgraded the goggles to V 05.10.86 firmware, but am unable to find the "Switch to DJI FPV Digital System" button.
2021-3-13
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

djiuser_AV1IPu1SVGY3 Posted at 3-13 03:31
Thanks for the link. I actually followed that video.

I downgraded the goggles to V 05.10.86 firmware, but am unable to find the "Switch to DJI FPV Digital System" button.

I don't believe it is a button but a menu option. I have definitely seen in in my goggles ...
2021-3-13
Use props
djiuser_AV1IPu1SVGY3
lvl.1

United Kingdom

These are the options I have in my menu.

PXL_20210313_163102947.jpg PXL_20210313_163125963.jpg

2021-3-13
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Looks like DJI broke the fix too. Your new V2's are bricks again, until DJI fixes it:

2021-3-13
Use props
fansf28d641a
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_AV1IPu1SVGY3 Posted at 3-13 08:34
These are the options I have in my menu.

[view_image][view_image][Image]

Im having the exact same problem with no option to switch in the menu.
2021-3-13
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

fansf28d641a Posted at 3-13 23:31
Im having the exact same problem with no option to switch in the menu.

the solution in this case would be to buy the FPV drone
or find somebody with one, register the V2 goggle, temporary and switch to FPV system ... it sucks but will work... too bad that DJI sells the stand alone V2 goggles, which are useless this way. One more word of caution - the antennas of the V2 goggles might not be compatible with the Air units due to multi frequency support of the V2's...
2021-3-14
Use props
mobiltek
New

United States

got DJI V2 googles working  without drone
bind first with caddx vista then update firmware all working
no downgrade
2021-4-4
Use props
djiuser_Yf6c4Mh7mPdK
lvl.1

France

Can't find how to quote..

@mobiltek

no downgrade

I'm about ( months?) to receive my Goglles V2  with a vista drone, and as a lot a persons having problems with them ( without talking  the freaking greenish dot spots) Could you exactly tell us what you did?

First register this, than this, register that, reboot, than bind, update first that the this etc...You see what I mean, it would be nice.
Thank you !
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_Yf6c4Mh7mPdK
lvl.1

France

mobiltek Posted at 4-4 01:18
no downgrade

Sorry for the double post...
2021-4-6
Use props
aboulicot
New

France

Hello
I have both, a fav drone with the combo that I have activated whithout any problem, and goggles V2 that Bought for my other drones with air units.
After I activate the three parts of the FPV, I wanted to activate The V2 stand alone Goggles and the system ask me to activate it with the combo and DJI Fly as I have done first with the combo.
The problem is that it's not possible to do it.
I have upgraded the soft ware to the last version but no proposition to shift to Digital FPV because the goggles are not activated.
If somebody have a solution to do it? Thank you
2021-4-8
Use props
djiuser_NH2t80Kd6AxW
New
United States

From what I understand.. DJI Goggles V2 ONLY work with their new FPV Drone or their FPV Air Unit Module, because the AIR and MAVIC use a system called OcuSync 3.0, which is not compatible with the V2 goggles. I talked to them on the phone and they say even a firmware update would not help since it's a hardware problem.

I put my goggles up on Ebay. If they dont sell I might have to buy the Air Unit Module just to use them.
2021-4-24
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_NH2t80Kd6AxW Posted at 4-24 06:49
From what I understand.. DJI Goggles V2 ONLY work with their new FPV Drone or their FPV Air Unit Module, because the AIR and MAVIC use a system called OcuSync 3.0, which is not compatible with the V2 goggles. I talked to them on the phone and they say even a firmware update would not help since it's a hardware problem.

I put my goggles up on Ebay. If they dont sell I might have to buy the Air Unit Module just to use them.

That's what they call the transmission system for the FPV drone too, but ultimately nobody really knows what the differences are. There are probably several different systems that they're calling Ocusync 3.0, but each may have parts that are completely different.

I'm not surprised the V2 goggles won't be supported by Air 2S, since the Air 2S uses the Fly app as its main interface. The existing firmware in the goggles are completely different, so it's probably too much to do to port the Fly app to the goggles, or make the Air 2S somehow work with the existing goggle firmware.

If you can get them activated, they work fine with the Air unit/Caddix, and of course with the FPV drone itself...
2021-4-24
Use props
Dua Lis
New

Lithuania

I have FPV Air Unit Module I cannot switch to that mode, tried downgrading with aftersales account still no option to go back to digital mode... !!!!!!!!!!!!!@@
2021-4-25
Use props
djiuser_qevymwbwi8rK
lvl.2
Australia

I have the same problem where the V2 Goggles are in DJI FPV drone mode and the menu option to switch to FPV Digital System is missing. Downgrading using the aftersales account also did not bring back the option to switch modes.

The goggles were actually working fine with an Air Unit and a Caddx Vista, until they shut down due to the problem with the battery connector—when they booted back up, it had switched to DJI FPV drone mode and the menu option was gone, leaving me with a useless pair of goggles.
2021-5-23
Use props
invisibleblue
lvl.1

Turkey

djiuser_qevymwbwi8rK Posted at 5-23 22:32
I have the same problem where the V2 Goggles are in DJI FPV drone mode and the menu option to switch to FPV Digital System is missing. Downgrading using the aftersales account also did not bring back the option to switch modes.

The goggles were actually working fine with an Air Unit and a Caddx Vista, until they shut down due to the problem with the battery connector—when they booted back up, it had switched to DJI FPV drone mode and the menu option was gone, leaving me with a useless pair of goggles.

i have got the same problem. i have no solitin . please help me
2021-5-27
Use props
DJI_FLYER86
lvl.1

United States

invisibleblue Posted at 5-27 11:16
i have got the same problem. i have no solitin . please help me

I am having the same issue. Battery died while using the goggles, they came back in Drone Mode no way to switch back, option is just not there. Downgrading and upgrading the software did not give me the option to switch to digital FPV mode.   I have a $570 paper weight. Please fix ASAP.

2021-6-1
Use props
DJI_FLYER86
lvl.1

United States

DJI_FLYER86 Posted at 6-1 11:50
I am having the same issue. Battery died while using the goggles, they came back in Drone Mode no way to switch back, option is just not there. Downgrading and upgrading the software did not give me the option to switch to digital FPV mode.   I have a $570 paper weight. Please fix ASAP.

Here are the different firmware options I have tried. All the version's listed are missing the switch to Digital FPV mode option.  Please help

2021-6-1
Use props
FPV Newbie PTY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68409 ft
Panama

I think a did something that works for me. So I plug in the googles to the computer, opened dji assite 2 fpv version, and started the registration process. Once the process was finished. I unplug the googles from the computer and turned them off. I turned them back on and it gave me access to the menu. being inside the menu (dont know if this is relevant), I connected it to the computer again, started the program once again and made the update and it worked.
2021-7-19
Use props
Luke Rondeau
New

United States

I just wanted to let everyone know that I successfully activated my goggles V2 without the DJI drone. My issue was that I didn't scroll far enough down in the "about" page in the goggle's settings. So, revert your goggles to the oldest version after signing in with the DJI login information, then go to settings in the goggles settings->about->scroll all the way down (keep scrolling if you don't see a new option), then restart your goggles, then you can log back into DJI assistant 2 with your own info, register your goggles, and then update your goggles to the latest version. Hope this helps!
2021-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules