Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
-= Pathfinder =-
lvl.1
Flight distance : 366857 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I recently got an FPV Combo.  
Downloaded the most recent Android version of the DJI Fly app direct from the DJI website.  
Plugged the goggles into my Android phone and powered up the FPV drone, controller, goggles.

Did the latest firmware update.

Everything works now, except for 1 thing.  I have a persistent red bar message in my Goggles that says "Country code not activated."

What's a country code?  What does that alert mean and how do I get rid of it?

Thanks for any help!
2021-3-13
Use props
-= Pathfinder =-
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

FWIW, I'm in Canada.
2021-3-13
Use props
-= Pathfinder =-
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

Figured it out!  Here's how I fixed it.

To get rid of the country code message, do this:

- Download the latest DJI Assistant 2 from https://www.dji.com/dji-fpv/downloads.
- Turn on the aircraft, remote controller and goggles.  
- Plug each device one at a time into your computer and refresh the firmware in each device.  
- After the refresh, it country code will be properly set.
2021-3-14
Use props
Drekko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62365 ft
Australia

-= Pathfinder =- Posted at 3-14 09:37
Figured it out!  Here's how I fixed it.

To get rid of the country code message, do this:

Hi

I am getting this issue to. I am in Australia

Do you need to have your phone always connected with the DJI Fly App to the drone when you fly ? Or should it be picking up GPS without it like the Mavic 2 pro?
2021-3-15
Use props
epicdroneguy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66073 ft
United States

I updated everything and I still have the code
2021-3-23
Use props
djiuser_70Ak0WNXtrPO
New

United States

Same problem I update everything and still have Country code issue
2021-3-26
Use props
Winkle
lvl.2
Canada

If you're still getting the error message after doing all the firmware updates/refreshes, plug the goggles into your phone via the OTG cable and start the DJI Fly app with the drone, goggles and controller all turned out, while you're outside or in an area where the drone can get a good GPS signal, then it should use the GPS to set your country code and fix itself. That's what I had to do to get it to work.
2021-3-29
Use props
djiuser_LaSIwvS9S68W
New

Singapore

Winkle Posted at 3-29 16:39
If you're still getting the error message after doing all the firmware updates/refreshes, plug the goggles into your phone via the OTG cable and start the DJI Fly app with the drone, goggles and controller all turned out, while you're outside or in an area where the drone can get a good GPS signal, then it should use the GPS to set your country code and fix itself. That's what I had to do to get it to work.

What do you mean when you said "... Goggles and controller turned out..." what's the meaning of turned out?
2021-5-2
Use props
djiuser_gNvOXRPQaIka
New
United States

I'm actually having this issue, and just set the drone up today.  Brand new as of today, and have the same message.  All firmware was updated.
2021-7-10
Use props
djiuser_FDWb7KXFFafH
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_LaSIwvS9S68W Posted at 5-2 07:00
What do you mean when you said "... Goggles and controller turned out..." what's the meaning of turned out?

I think he means turned on.
2021-12-30
Use props
PaulJ92029
lvl.1
United States

Are any additional tips provided in the googles?  I get this message and it tells me something along the lines that the GPS signal is too weak.
2022-1-5
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

just to revisit this topic, i know it's old, i had the country code error on a new drone setup and i simply plugged the googles and the drone into assistant with no refresh and no gps (indoors) and the error went away.  i haven't even flown the fpv drone yet.eta:  correction, this did NOT work
2022-5-29
Use props
djiuser_UkhbYQ7i5f90
lvl.1
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-29 09:41
just to revisit this topic, i know it's old, i had the country code error on a new drone setup and i simply plugged the googles and the drone into assistant with no refresh and no gps (indoors) and the error went away.  i haven't even flown the fpv drone yet.eta:  correction, this did NOT work

Did u ever fix this
2022-6-1
Use props
djiuser_UkhbYQ7i5f90
lvl.1
United States

I am having the same issues DJI tried to help and now they want me to send the drone back to them I just got it today seems weird no country code found any other suggestions I tried d everything’s I read above
2022-6-1
Use props
Monaliska Manik
New

Japan

country code not aktive how about?
2023-7-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Monaliska Manik Posted at 7-6 00:04
country code not aktive how about?

Hi, Monaliska Manik. Are you having a Country code not updated error as well? If yes, please provide us with the model of the drone and goggles to further check. Thank you.
2023-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules