Country Code Not Set / Can't Fly in M Mode
3995 7 2021-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DevoPast
lvl.1

Canada

I am having issues with the new FPV Drone. I have activated all devices, set up the app, etc. The goggles still tell me that the country code has not been set, and that some features are unavailable. I'm assuming that this is why the drone will not go into M mode.

Drone flies great in N and S mode, but will not go into M mode.

Has anyone encountered this? How can I fix it? I'd like to be able to fly this in M mode.
2021-3-13
Use props
Jdpg2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19560 ft
United States

Log out of the fly app, delete the app cache, delete app an re install.  Fire up the drone OUTSIDE , get good sat lock, plug in you phon e to the googles start app and log in again. The theory is the drone thinks its in China if you first fire it up when no sat lock and doesnt know where you are.
2021-3-13
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

To enter the M mode you need to enable it in the goggle menu I bet it has nothing to do with the country code not being set. RTFM ...
2021-3-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, DevoPast. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Please test it outside and connect your goggles to the DJI Fly that is currently connected to internet access.

Kindly be advised that the Manual mode is disabled by default. Make sure that the switch is set to Manual mode in the goggles before switching to Manual mode. The aircraft will remain in Normal or Sport mode if the switch is not set to Manual mode in the goggles. Go to Settings, Control, Remote Control, and then Button Customization and set the Custom Mode to Manual Mode.

When using Manual mode for the first time, the maximum attitude of the aircraft will be limited. After
you are familiar with flying in Manual mode, the attitude restriction can be disabled in the goggles. Go
to Settings, Control, Remote Control, RC Exp, and then M Mode Attitude Limit.
2021-3-14
Use props
DevoPast
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-14 02:54
Hi, DevoPast. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Please test it outside and connect your goggles to the DJI Fly that is currently connected to internet access.

Kindly be advised that the Manual mode is disabled by default. Make sure that the switch is set to Manual mode in the goggles before switching to Manual mode. The aircraft will remain in Normal or Sport mode if the switch is not set to Manual mode in the goggles. Go to Settings, Control, Remote Control, and then Button Customization and set the Custom Mode to Manual Mode.

Awesome, that did the trick for setting M mode. Now to gingerly test it out. Thanks so much!
2021-3-14
Use props
DevoPast
lvl.1

Canada

tomekyo Posted at 3-14 01:05
To enter the M mode you need to enable it in the goggle menu I bet it has nothing to do with the country code not being set. RTFM ...

You were correct. Thanks!
2021-3-14
Use props
DevoPast
lvl.1

Canada

Jdpg2 Posted at 3-13 19:16
Log out of the fly app, delete the app cache, delete app an re install.  Fire up the drone OUTSIDE , get good sat lock, plug in you phon e to the googles start app and log in again. The theory is the drone thinks its in China if you first fire it up when no sat lock and doesnt know where you are.

Haven't tried that yet, but I've got it into M mode which was my concern. I appreciate the response!
2021-3-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DevoPast Posted at 3-14 09:38
Awesome, that did the trick for setting M mode. Now to gingerly test it out. Thanks so much!

You're most welcome and have a safe flight!
2021-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules