3636 19 2021-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeanOzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 612405 ft
  • >>>
United States

as some of you know i recently could have used turtle mode in the snow but no matter what I do I get the turtle mode not needed message in the goggles.
i have tried, normal, sports, manual. full manual, angle limited manual. set to a single tap, a double tap. but no matter what I have it set up in it always says turtle mode not needed.Just like in Aldrin's video.

this has been on the ground outside on my deck, on packed snow, on a desk and nothing lets it activate as it is suppose to.

dji support would be reading from a screen and for now that would be great as I can't find any info anywhere that fixes it.
Flytpath did a video and got his to work but nope, nothing I do gets mine to flip or even try.

anyone else getting the turtle mode not needed?
does it not realize it is upside down?

my crash could have used this, just need it to WORK!

2021-3-13
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Doesn't work for me either. Flytpath has got it to work, though.
2021-3-13
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 3-13 12:15
Doesn't work for me either. Flytpath has got it to work, though.

yes, he did. i have done every single mode activated everything and still nope.
glad I am not the only one who's drone says it does not need turtle mode even when upside down. lol
2021-3-13
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I saw a video of someone using it and it only worked in manual mode.
2021-3-13
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

2021-3-13
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

nope.... i appreciate you guys trying  no matter what i do it will not work, it gets the no need for turtle mode message.

hoping that there is a solution.

N, S, M full manual / acro, nothing seems to let it activate.

thanks

edit- i forgot to mention aldrin's video afterall.
so to clarify i get the same error he did but i continue to get it in Manual mode.
2021-3-13
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

i have recalibrated the imu, the compass and everything works perfect on this but it says turtle mode not needed no matter what. even did a full reset than set it all up again.
anyone here work at dji?
2021-3-13
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

Did you remove the manual mode attitude box? maybe it needs FULL FULL MANUAL
2021-3-13
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Whoreable Posted at 3-13 21:32
Did you remove the manual mode attitude box? maybe it needs FULL FULL MANUAL

Yep. Full acro is enabled.  
2021-3-13
Use props
djiuser_uHb5xjSXzaxW
lvl.1
United States

Same problem. Set it to toubble tap C1. Flipped the aircraft while landing in full manual acro with no limiter. Disarmed and tried to use turtle mode and received the same message turtle mode not required. Same thing in all flight modes while aircraft was upside down on the ground.
2021-3-14
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_uHb5xjSXzaxW Posted at 3-14 16:51
Same problem. Set it to toubble tap C1. Flipped the aircraft while landing in full manual acro with no limiter. Disarmed and tried to use turtle mode and received the same message turtle mode not required. Same thing in all flight modes while aircraft was upside down on the ground.

seems a few people are getting this message of it not being needed even though it is upside down and full acro is on.
2021-3-15
Use props
djiuser_AvRNM52kxuTh
New

United States

I got it to work ONCE when i first enabled it.  Now, no  matter the mode, it says "Turtle mode not required"
2021-3-22
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_AvRNM52kxuTh Posted at 3-22 06:52
I got it to work ONCE when i first enabled it.  Now, no  matter the mode, it says "Turtle mode not required"

i have hit dji up and they seem to be aware of it not working correctly for everyone. waiting to hear a solution still.
2021-3-24
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

finally got it working. unlike flytpath's video mine has to actually have props on or enabled and then flipped upside down where the auto turn off happens and then turtle mode will work. i am working on a video to explain this for my viewers soon, just wanted to share that I did get it to work finally. just in a different fashion.
2021-3-29
Use props
I Can Fly
lvl.1
United States

Hey Guys, I found the way it wasn't working and after how it works. Don't have the props on but turn it on and by hand I turned the drone upside down if the motors stops it is right and will works perfectly on all modes but if it the motors still running restart all system and try it again. Another thing I did is I just refreshed the last firmware because it wasn't working at all, after reinstall the same firmware it get working well but I always have the procedure to make sure all motors will stop even without props so that way I am sure the gyro is reading the drone orientation and have all props on so it makes turtle mode working without any issue.
2021-4-7
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I Can Fly Posted at 4-7 10:45
Hey Guys, I found the way it wasn't working and after how it works. Don't have the props on but turn it on and by and flyp the drone upside down if the motors stops it is right and will works perfectlu on all modes but if it still motors on restart all system again and try it. Another thing I did is refreshed the last firmware becouse it wasn't working at all, after reinstalled the same firmware it is working but I always have the procedure to make sure all motors will stop even without props so I am sure the gyro is reading the drone orientation and make turtle mode working eithout any issue.

that is what i posted right above ya. glad you found yours to be the same as mine.   i still wonder why some people it will work without having to do that 1st.
2021-4-7
Use props
djiuser_iW8rgWlI9CZX
New
Flight distance : 8622 ft
India

I think ive found out what the issue is. Turtle mode works only if the drone detects a fall and NOT being put upside down intentionally. I removed the props, armed the motors and flipped it making random movements. Then activated turtle mode and boom.. the motors fired up. Just coz the props weren't there i got a message in the goggles 'turtle mode failed'
2021-4-14
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_iW8rgWlI9CZX Posted at 4-14 10:21
I think ive found out what the issue is. Turtle mode works only if the drone detects a fall and NOT being put upside down intentionally. I removed the props, armed the motors and flipped it making random movements. Then activated turtle mode and boom.. the motors fired up. Just coz the props weren't there i got a message in the goggles 'turtle mode failed'

yep, stated above and i even posted a video up on youtube showingit working.
i'll make a more detailed video soon...

"
finally got it working. unlike flytpath's video mine has to actually have props on or enabled and then flipped upside down where the auto turn off happens and then turtle mode will work. i am working on a video to explain this for my viewers soon, just wanted to share that I did get it to work finally. just in a different fashion."

2021-4-14
Use props
pbliz
lvl.1
Canada

SeanOzz Posted at 4-14 15:10
yep, stated above and i even posted a video up on youtube showingit working.
i'll make a more detailed video soon...

What were the steps you took before activating turtle mode?  In Manual Mode?  Did you activate motors then shut off , flip over then press c1?  Did it work in all modes?
2021-4-15
Use props
djiuser_DFtmEsGAW9dS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8266250 ft
Germany

1. Turn the unit upside down without having mounted the rotors for your first test.
2. Take 'Manual Mode' -> N/S/(M).
3. Start the motors with tap twice Start/Stop (M) button
4. change to 'Normal Mode' -> M/S/(N)
     4.1 the motors should be stop
     4.2 on screen you gets an error message, to check the motors and rotors
     4.3 you can confirm, or ignore (it seems not be relevant)
5. Tap C1 once / twice, depending on your configuration
6. the device should use turtle mode and run once
7. after a few seconds it will stop with an error message. sometimes you can try again.
8. restart your device.
2021-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules