Dji Mini 2 Skin Template
20512 10 2021-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HawaiianPhatboy
lvl.1

United States

Aloha Everyone,   New to the Drone world and have decided on the DJI Mini 2 as my first one.  I am a screen printer and decal designer as a part time side job.  I am wondering if anyone has posted or offered a free skin template for the Mini 2.  I am looking for one that can be cut with a plotter as well as one that can be used to print then cut.  I hope I am not asking for much on my first post, but any help or direction to where I could get one would be greatly appreciated.
Aloha

2021-3-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check out these two threads for skins.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-211568-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-205619-1-1.html
2021-3-14
Use props
HawaiianPhatboy
lvl.1

United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-14 01:55
Check out these two threads for skins.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-211568-1-1.html

Thanks for those links.  I did see them earlier.  My question is, is the Mini and the Mini 2 the same body style and size?  I know the controller is different, and I am looking for the controller template as well. I am new to all of this, so I am not sure if they are the same size.
thanks again.
2021-3-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HawaiianPhatboy Posted at 3-14 08:46
Thanks for those links.  I did see them earlier.  My question is, is the Mini and the Mini 2 the same body style and size?  I know the controller is different, and I am looking for the controller template as well. I am new to all of this, so I am not sure if they are the same size.
thanks again.

Ive seen places that sell the skin and they sell it for Mini 1 and Mini2 so I expect that these should fit fine,  the mini 2 is about 1mm taller IIRC.

Ive never seen an example of the skin for the remote.  Its the same remote as the Air 2 so maybe searching for an Air2 remote skin might yeild different results.
2021-3-14
Use props
djiuser_jKixvNMHStnu
New

Germany

Hello... I found in a older article on this Site about the skin-template for a Mini a good one. It's just nearly the same size. I'm gonna finish my Skin today.
2021-3-16
Use props
djiuser_msYFGBDKNPOG
New

Malaysia

Anyone can explain to me,how to get permission download template dji Mavic mini
2021-11-19
Use props
djiuser_C51ikhSAI1Db
New
Flight distance : 141923 ft
Malaysia

djiuser_jKixvNMHStnu Posted at 2021-3-16 23:10
Hello... I found in a older article on this Site about the skin-template for a Mini a good one. It's just nearly the same size. I'm gonna finish my Skin today.

hello.. cant download this.. please help me
2022-6-8
Use props
LoudThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 843950 ft
United States

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA.  I fly a Mini 2 and I know the excitement you are going through…

This posting is not for a skin, but there are a lot more important things you need to consider first, there are a couple of Legal Things you need to do…  Register your Drone; that can be done at the FAA Web Site.  You also need to get your TRUST Certificate.  You can get that at the Pilot Institute Web Site (FREE…) .

https://faadronezone.faa.gov/#/

https://trust.pilotinstitute.com ... 29396991.1653370265

Here is a DJI Link to Many Sites of interest to all.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D705%26typeid%3D705

Do not let the excitement of the moment get the best of you.  When you are going out to fly, do it slowly and deliberately.  Get used to a set procedure and even practice it.

Plug in your phone/tablet into your controller; turn on the Controller and DJI Fly App (if it does not start on its own…).  On the Drone, open the front legs, then open the back legs, then remove the Gimbal Cover.

The Gimbal is the most delicate item on the Drone and banging or bumping can damage it.  I also fastened a short "Remove Before Flight" ribbon to the cover so it's more noticeable and I do not forget to remove it…

Turn on the drone and watch it come to "life."  Watching the Gimbal go through its self-check is almost like watching a kitten or puppy opening its eyes for the first time…

Place the drone down (preferably on a Landing Pad) while it finishes its self-test (collecting satellites, etc…).

Check your battery status (Phone, Drone, and Controller), check the Signal Strength, by now the Controller should have reported it updated the Home Point.

2022-6-9
Use props
LoudThunder
Second Officer
United States

LoudThunder Posted at 6-9 21:46
Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA.  I fly a Mini 2 and I know the excitement you are going through…

This posting is not for a skin, but there are a lot more important things you need to consider first, there are a couple of Legal Things you need to do…  Register your Drone; that can be done at the FAA Web Site.  You also need to get your TRUST Certificate.  You can get that at the Pilot Institute Web Site (FREE…) .

Lift off, 4-5 feet (1-1/2 meters) or so, hover a bit, check the controls (move the drone a bit forward, back, left, right, yaw left and right).  By now, your Controller will probably report again, Home point Updated.

If you go out in a rush and race thru your start up and take off before the drone has finished it prep, it may update its Home Point over that pond or that old tree you are flying over and in your excitement, you'll fly the drone long past it Low Battery point and when it engages Return to Home and lands in the pond or in a tree; it will be all on you…

Now go have fun, learn to fly the drone by sight before you try to fly it out a distance depending on the video feed, FPV.

The following YouTube Video by Jeven Dovey is well worth watching and you might even subscribe to his channel…

I would also advise you to use YouTube and watch a lot of the Videos on flying and setting up the Drone.  When it is too dark, too cold, or too wet, you can "fly it vicariously" through YouTube.  Also watch some of the Blooper Drone Videos and learn how not to fly your "New Baby."

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mini 2.  You will also find the 75-page User's Manual, in case your Drone did not come with one.  The User Manuals are published in different languages.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mini-2

Happy and Safe Droning…

2022-6-9
Use props
djiuser_CtPNLvkZwlRs
New

United States

LoudThunder Posted at 2022-6-9 21:46

That was all highly unnecessary information and wrong to top things off. You do not need to register the mini drones. They’re under the 259g thing. It’s 2023 does this info really need to be repeated? You sir sound like you suck the fun out of every situation.  You must have a lot of friends.  
2023-10-3
Use props
LoudThunder
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_CtPNLvkZwlRs Posted at 10-3 06:01
That was all highly unnecessary information and wrong to top things off. You do not need to register the mini drones. They’re under the 259g thing. It’s 2023 does this info really need to be repeated? You sir sound like you suck the fun out of every situation.  You must have a lot of friends.

Wow, I can see you are new and the yes it needs repeating…  This posting was made over a year and a half ago… and the Mini 2 will need registering if the OP puts a skin on it.  

Admittedly, I did not mention this but if I remember correctly I PM'd the OP this…  And posting long postings in multiple posting is difficult at best…

But you probably know this as I believe you are the smartest person you know…  I look forward to further posting by you…

Abraham Lincoln had it right when he said, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak (sic "write") and to remove all doubt…
2023-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules