Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI FPV Drone: Update Failed. (5-100-4)
11955 8 2021-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jrhdrones
New
  • >>>
United States

I have the drone for a week and finally unboxed and of course was immediately reminded how hard it is to update everything.  Was able to run some updates for the Goggles by connecting iPhone and running DJI Fly app but somwhere suggested laptop with DJI Assistant 2 FVP version for updating controller and drone itself.

I get this error when trying to update the drone and the computer doesnt even recognize the controller.

System takes about 25% of the drone battery to download while hard wired with 1Gig Google Fiber connection.... then fails on this.

I'm using USBC cable with Macbook Pro and Big Sur.  Any help?

Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 10.57.03 PM.png
2021-3-13
Use props
djiuser_mFZ8xrar2WuH
lvl.2
Singapore

Once you've paired up either the motion controller or the standard fpv drone controller to the dji drone and the goggles are also already paired, use the OTG USB C Cable to connect the Goggle v2 to your iPhone DJI Fly app and update it from there.  
It will update everything (Goggles/drone/battery/controllers) from the goggle which is linked from the DJI Fly app.

The desktop apps (mac and PC) did not work for me either yesterday, hopefully they will fix this soon

2021-3-13
Use props
jrholt1023
New
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_mFZ8xrar2WuH Posted at 3-13 21:37
Once you've paired up either the motion controller or the standard fpv drone controller to the dji drone and the goggles are also already paired, use the OTG USB C Cable to connect the Goggle v2 to your iPhone DJI Fly app and update it from there.  
It will update everything (Goggles/drone/battery/controllers) from the goggle which is linked from the DJI Fly app.

I tried doing that.  I’m using an Apple USBC to lightening cable to connect iPhone 11 Pro fully updated running DJI Fly app to the DJI Goggles.  With everything turned on, it did run updates for the Goggles but in the goggles it still says controller and drone need updated and when I connect everything DJI FLY doesn’t show an update I can choose to install on iPhone.  I’ll try again.
2021-3-14
Use props
fansbb3adf49
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118143 ft
United States

The assistant 2 on my iMac failed to update firmware on a couple of components.

I switched over to a windows box and the assistant 2 app there was able to update.
2021-3-14
Use props
Nenkei
New

Taiwan

I just got FPV yesterday and have the same problem, assistant 2 on Mac is not working but on my iPhone SE2 also can't update aircraft firmware, keep trying..
2021-7-10
Use props
fpvlion
lvl.1

Singapore

I solved it on macOS 11.4 running the DJI Assistant 2.1.1

See what I did here

2021-7-30
Use props
MaxP
lvl.1

Russia

fpvlion Posted at 2021-7-30 08:04
I solved it on macOS 11.4 running the DJI Assistant 2.1.1

See what I did here

Thank you! It's worked. But I builded my kext from sources for Catalina 10.15
2022-10-8
Use props
djiuser_cyKkdwmIybII
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181378 ft
United States

fansbb3adf49 Posted at 2021-3-14 07:20
The assistant 2 on my iMac failed to update firmware on a couple of components.

I switched over to a windows box and the assistant 2 app there was able to update.

You just had to use a different computer? Im getting the same issue where my mac wont push the update and the drone motors will not start.
2-5 16:40
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_cyKkdwmIybII Posted at 2-5 16:40
You just had to use a different computer? Im getting the same issue where my mac wont push the update and the drone motors will not start.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience that it may cause you. May I confirm the operating system of our Mac unit? Please make sure to download the latest version via link. I hope to hear from you soon.
2-6 02:48
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules