Best rates for smoother/ more cinematic flight
10964 4 2021-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans65bf7f03
lvl.1
United States

Please post your recommended rates settings for smoother, less jerky, more cinematic, more novice, non-manual mode flight.

I'm finding this drone a bit too twichy and non linear out of the box.

Much obliged.

2021-3-13
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

haha, rates are very much pilot skills and preference dependent. It is like asking to post the seat position of your new bought car from others and hoping it will fit your needs ..It might be more sensible to ask what all the rate stuff does to the attitude of the drone and adjust it to your needs? Just an idea...

general rule - lower rates let the quad react slower higher more abrupt. You can see it as revolutions (or in case of rates degree) per second. 800 - 800 degree per second. 200 - 200 degree per second.

Lower rates don't give you smoother flying if you don't adjust the EXP accordingly. This setting changes the attitude of the drone while moving the sticks around the center point. It makes it either more or less sensitive. Personally I like hi rates with some more expo, which give me snappy rolls and flips but also more precise control if I want to fly "cinematic"...

2021-3-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look at this -
2021-3-14
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

unfortunately rates currently (?) only apply to M mode.
this is a bit odd, since the mavic series allow this to be adjusted in assisted modes
ideally we should be able to set a rates profile for each mode N/S/M

in N/S mode it'd be really handy to also have a rate for altitude,
particularly if you have your controller not using centering (for M mode usage), this way it would be easier to put in level flight.

2021-3-19
Use props
Jdpg2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19560 ft
United States

I would imagine its early days on the firmware and many more features will be added in.  Like every other DJI product the HW is solid but the firmware /software is only partially baked.
2021-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules