1526 5 2021-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
D. Brent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100331 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I was so excited to purchase my DJI FPV combo today. Got it home, chraged everything and now the activation nightmare begins.

No cable to connect the goggles to iphone 11. Need to purchase USB to lighting. I open DJI Fly app in the meantime and notice there is no FPV to choose anyway… oh boy

That start up manual in the box is a complete waste of paper.

Any tips would be appreciated greatly prior to recieving the USB to lightning cable.
2021-3-14
Use props
D. Brent
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Can someone (points at DJI) supply a link to the Dji Fly download that is so important?

This link, just gives a link off to the App Store: https://www.dji.com/au/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

Also, the QR code links off to the App Store…
2021-3-14
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

D. Brent Posted at 3-14 02:36
Can someone (points at DJI) supply a link to the Dji Fly download that is so important?

This link, just gives a link off to the App Store: https://www.dji.com/au/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

you can find the link to the app on the quick start manual... for full user manual you need to go to the DJI website. Activation of this system must be done using your phone as described in the manual. If you fail to do so you will run into troubles like many people here on this forum who disregard the steps mentioned in the manual ...
2021-3-14
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

OK, apart from not having an iPhone and no usb-A to lightning how does that happen?.

The FPV does not show up in the fly APP as apart from activation it’s only a way to connect the system to the internet, to activate, so don’t worry about that, after activation it can be used as an external monitor & firmware updates.

Make sure everything is fully charged as the firmware update takes a long time,

Power everything up, make sure that Every thing connects, there have been reported issues if the drone still thinks it’s in China so a good GPS signal is advisable, I didn’t experience any issues with this.

Plug the short OTG lead into the USB-C port on the goggles, plug your USB to lightning lead into that and the lightning end into your iPhone, start the Fly App
It’s worth noting you cannot plug a USB-C to lightning directly into the goggles, you must use the OTG cable.

Once the App starts it will connect and just follow the instructions on the app or in the goggles. After activation you can opt to buy refresh, I generally do this later in case you have initial issues with the equipment.

You will need to update the firmware, with a solid internet connect this can take 40mins so be patient. I’m sure most of issues faced by people are not being patient, the goggles and the aircraft will restart several times. The goggles take the longest to update as they get some new video downloaded to them.

Happy flying.

2021-3-14
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

D. Brent Posted at 3-14 02:36

As long as it’s version 1.3.0 you should be good. The App Store has the correct version, the iOS version works, seems the Android version is a problem.
2021-3-14
Use props
D. Brent
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks Buzzyon and tomekyo. Much appreciated fo your time
2021-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now