Should I remove wings?
1684 14 2021-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pauly whitehead
lvl.2
Flight distance : 139721 ft
United States

Is it better to remove the wings when not in flight?  When I fold the drone, the wings seam too close for comfort to the sensors.  Thanks for the feedback!

2021-3-14
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think you mean the props, I personally don't remove them, just be careful when putting the drone in its bag that you don't catch them.
2021-3-14
Use props
RK7dronzy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2278898 ft
United Kingdom

I think you mean the drone arms, the front ones when folded do get close to the side sensor but the sensor is recessed anyway and the front arm's leg beneath the motor sticks out enough to give about 5mm clearane. I usually leave the arms open and out on display but when bagged i take the props off and store them in the prop storage compartment inbetween the batts/controllel and aircraft but not always.
2021-3-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use a velcro strap to hold them in places if Im traveling but for normal storage nothing extra is needed.
2021-3-14
Use props
pauly whitehead
lvl.2
United States

RK7dronzy Posted at 3-14 07:39
I think you mean the drone arms, the front ones when folded do get close to the side sensor but the sensor is recessed anyway and the front arm's leg beneath the motor sticks out enough to give about 5mm clearane. I usually leave the arms open and out on display but when bagged i take the props off and store them in the prop storage compartment inbetween the batts/controllel and aircraft but not always.

I meant the propellers.  I guess I need a wing guard because they move around too much.
2021-3-14
Use props
pauly whitehead
lvl.2
United States

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 3-14 06:45
I think you mean the props, I personally don't remove them, just be careful when putting the drone in its bag that you don't catch them.

Yes, i meant props.  Sorry!
2021-3-14
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

I have no problems keeping the propellers on  the drone and keep them together in the bag that is used for the drone, batteries, remote controller and the charger.
2021-3-14
Use props
pauly whitehead
lvl.2
United States

kyalami Posted at 3-14 11:03
I have no problems keeping the propellers on  the drone and keep them together in the bag that is used for the drone, batteries, remote controller and the charger.

The bag that comes w/the fly more kit is kinda small.
2021-3-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there pauly whitehead. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. In addition to this I will post a link where in you can check the DJI Mavic 2 disclaimer and safety guidelines ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_EN.pdf ). Thank you.
2021-3-14
Use props
xagoras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

pauly whitehead Posted at 3-14 14:20
The bag that comes w/the fly more kit is kinda small.

There are very good after market choises. Look for LowePro Droneguard bags for example.
2021-3-14
Use props
pauly whitehead
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-14 19:28
Hello there pauly whitehead. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. In addition to this I will post a link where in you can check the DJI Mavic 2 disclaimer and safety guidelines ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/20180823/Mavic_2_Disclaimer_and_Safety_Guidelines_EN.pdf ). Thank you.

Hello Stephen!  Is there certain language in this documentation I should be referring too or keep it as a reference?
2021-3-15
Use props
pauly whitehead
lvl.2
United States

kyalami Posted at 3-14 11:03
I have no problems keeping the propellers on  the drone and keep them together in the bag that is used for the drone, batteries, remote controller and the charger.

2021-3-15
Use props
Paul_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4472 ft
United States

I have kept mine with blades on in the same bag as yours for about 2 years without any issues.  I did fine that when I put it in with the blades facing inward, as DJI shows in their insert, it seems to fit better.
2021-3-15
Use props
pauly whitehead
lvl.2
United States

Paul_ Posted at 3-15 12:26
I have kept mine with blades on in the same bag as yours for about 2 years without any issues.  I did fine that when I put it in with the blades facing inward, as DJI shows in their insert, it seems to fit better.

No pressure bends or cracks?  I'm going to buy the hard case as soon as I can.  Thanks!
2021-3-15
Use props
Paul_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4472 ft
United States

pauly whitehead Posted at 3-15 13:18
No pressure bends or cracks?  I'm going to buy the hard case as soon as I can.  Thanks!

Not any issues at all.
2021-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules