DJI Mavic Air Battery
985 7 2021-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
N7LUF
lvl.1
United States

Hi, on May 7, 2019, I bought two DJI Mavic Air Part1 Intelligent Flight batteries from Amazon and then I got injured and batteries were charged and put on a shelf until today 3/4/21.
When plugged into the charger, one lit up and charged, but the other did nothing.
Is it a goner or what should I try?
I have not flown the Mavic Air ever because of my injury, and now I would love to try.

Because of the virus and at the age of 75yrs and diabetic, my doctors have had me in quarantine to protect me, because I am at high risk.

Thank you!!!
2021-3-14
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146473 ft
United Kingdom

Contact DJI they should replace the battery free of charge, because you have not put the battery in aircraft and turned on, it has not registered meaning the battery is faulty from the factory, this happened to me with a new battery, it would not charge when a recieved it. All the best hope this helped and hope your feeling much better now
2021-3-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there N7LUF. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to charge your DJI Mavic Air's intelligent flight battery for about an hour and a half to see if it will take in charge. In addition, are you able to post a short sample video of the said issue for us to be able to see and assist you further? Thank you.
2021-3-14
Use props
N7LUF
lvl.1
United States

Here is what I received from the seller.
Dear Larry,

Thanks for reporting to us this issue.

Anyway, we are so sorry for this, no matter how it was caused.

We contacted DJI Technical support immediately to report this issue, and we were told by DJI Technical Support that all the lithium batteries needs to be charged and discharged regularly to ensure its normal use and life-span.
Usually, you need to charge it once every 10 days or so even you left it there non-used, and you need to fully charge and discharge it every 3 months.

As for your case, you fully charged it at 2019 to activate it and then left them there never used, never charged for neally 2 years, the 2 batteries have been over-discharged, "starved to death",  and the battery cells inside may have been damaged due to long-time over-discharge.

As a suggestion by DJI Technical support to try to activate this battery, you can just try to charge it more times, and charge it for 2 hours each time, and charge it for 3-5 times, and then see what may happen.  If it is still all dead, no charge, then this battery is confirmed to be useless due to long-time no use and over-charge. You need to get new ones.

Please just try this w ay as above, and we really hope they can return to work.
We are waiting for your soon news.

Best Regards,
Susan
Luckybird Direct
2021-3-15
Use props
N7LUF
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-14 20:05
Hello there N7LUF. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to charge your DJI Mavic Air's intelligent flight battery for about an hour and a half to see if it will take in charge. In addition, are you able to post a short sample video of the said issue for us to be able to see and assist you further? Thank you.

Not much to video, one battery will take a charge and the other does not.
I pressed button like to turn it on and waited 5 minutes and than place on charger and still no lights or charging. At less I got one battery to fly maybe today if the weather is good.
I had hope there would be a fix or DJI step up and helped.
2021-3-15
Use props
N7LUF
lvl.1
United States

FlanniganFlyer Posted at 3-14 17:55
Contact DJI they should replace the battery free of charge, because you have not put the battery in aircraft and turned on, it has not registered meaning the battery is faulty from the factory, this happened to me with a new battery, it would not charge when a recieved it. All the best hope this helped and hope your feeling much better now

I sent them an email for help and got my finger's crossed.
I can hope, but I do not think they would help.
2021-3-15
Use props
N7LUF
lvl.1
United States

FlanniganFlyer Posted at 3-14 17:55
Contact DJI they should replace the battery free of charge, because you have not put the battery in aircraft and turned on, it has not registered meaning the battery is faulty from the factory, this happened to me with a new battery, it would not charge when a recieved it. All the best hope this helped and hope your feeling much better now

Dear Larry,

Thank you for contacting DJI.

Your request (3424767) has been received.

You may also reach us via online chat service:
1. Please click here for technical support (For Mavic series, Spark, Inspire series, Osmo series, Phantom 3 series and Phantom 4 series only);
2. Please click here for order inquiries of DJI Online Store.

Thank you for choosing DJI.

Best regards,

DJI
YouTube: http://s.dji.com/DJI-Tutorials
2021-3-15
Use props
N7LUF
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-14 20:05

Can not upload a video.
Sorry, we currently only support JPEG|GIF|JPG|PNG files, please choose the right format and upload again.
2021-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules