Best way to transfer files from drone to mac/pc
98637 22 2021-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans65bf7f03
lvl.1
United States

There are no videos going over this and I couldn't find anything in the users guide.

I figure you can remove the MicroSD or leave it in and transfer through usb-c port.

The problem is the drone has to be ON for my computer to recognize it as a storage device.

Am I doing something wrong?

2021-3-14
Use props
Larry+DarrelX2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 881798 ft
United States

Thats how i transfer to a Mac. I connect the drone to the computer with the usb cord and turn the drone on.
2021-3-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. I understand that you want to transfer the videos and the photos that you have filmed and taken from your DJI Drone to your computer.  All you need to do is to remove the SD card on the DJI Drone  and insert that SD card to the computer using a card reader then you will be able to view and transfer the videos and pictures to your computer. Thank you.  
2021-3-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I prefer to remove the SD card from the drone,  saves having it drain the batteries unnecessarily.
2021-3-15
Use props
djiuser_4JgCICHp8WRq
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-14 20:09
Hello there. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. I understand that you want to transfer the videos and the photos that you have filmed and taken from your DJI Drone to your computer.  All you need to do is to remove the SD card on the DJI Drone  and insert that SD card to the computer using a card reader then you will be able to view and transfer the videos and pictures to your computer. Thank you.

what is the process of actually exporting the files? I don't have an SD port so I plugged the drone into my computer but any way I view my files or export them the video is lagging and skipping, its not smooth at all. Can you offer any help with this?
2021-3-17
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_4JgCICHp8WRq Posted at 3-17 16:51
what is the process of actually exporting the files? I don't have an SD port so I plugged the drone into my computer but any way I view my files or export them the video is lagging and skipping, its not smooth at all. Can you offer any help with this?

The drone must be powered up. Plug the USB-C cable into the drone and then into your computer, for windows it will install a driver and then the card will appear as an external drive. For Mac it will just appear as an external drive on your desktop.

Open file explorer or finder and treat the card as a USB device.

My advice, buy an SD card reader!
2021-3-18
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nope, you have to power the drone up to transfer files this way. Buy an SD card reader, its faster and less hassle.
2021-3-18
Use props
djiuser_4JgCICHp8WRq
New

United States

Buzzyone Posted at 3-18 00:47
The drone must be powered up. Plug the USB-C cable into the drone and then into your computer, for windows it will install a driver and then the card will appear as an external drive. For Mac it will just appear as an external drive on your desktop.

Open file explorer or finder and treat the card as a USB device.

Okay so I totally understand what you are saying, but I have typically just drag and dropped media from other SD cards. When I do that with my drone footage its unwatchable because of how much the image skips. I'm not the most savvy yech wise so might be missing something really simple here..?
2021-3-19
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_4JgCICHp8WRq Posted at 3-19 13:38
Okay so I totally understand what you are saying, but I have typically just drag and dropped media from other SD cards. When I do that with my drone footage its unwatchable because of how much the image skips. I'm not the most savvy yech wise so might be missing something really simple here..?

If you drag the file from the drone to the computer, does it skip when you play it from the computer?

If it does then the original file may be the issue.

Check that the card you have in the drone is a Class 10 U3, anything else may not be fast enough and you will loose content because the card can't keep up. Also make sure the card is not counterfit, there are a lot of fake cards out there.

Playing a file direct from the drone onto your PC will also give you poor playback performance.
2021-3-19
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just pull out the sd card and plug it in my mac/pc.
2021-3-19
Use props
Ian in London
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_4JgCICHp8WRq Posted at 3-19 13:38

I think your issue is your PC is struggling to play back 4K video.  This is very common and why many people film in 2.7k or 1080 (1080 is the same resolution as Blu-Ray, so it's still pretty hi-def!). Unless you PC has a dedicated graphics card or is a gaming PC, you will get jumpy stuttering playback for 4k files.

Try adjusting the setting on the camera settings to film in 1080p as an experiment and see if that file plays back okay on your PC.  Then you'll know.
Ian
2021-3-20
Use props
JeanbHarmon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101467 ft
Israel

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-14 20:09
Hello there. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. I understand that you want to transfer the videos and the photos that you have filmed and taken from your DJI Drone to your computer.  All you need to do is to remove the SD card on the DJI Drone  and insert that SD card to the computer using a card reader then you will be able to view and transfer the videos and pictures to your computer. Thank you.

But you need to remove the sd card back and forth every time.
I really care that the small spring that connect the SD card to the drone breaks at some point.
I also do not get why the drone should be turned on before being identified by my PC as an external drive?
Is their any cable that would do the trick to avoid draining Air2s battery?

Thanks,

----- Jean
2021-8-29
Use props
Grows
New
Flight distance : 103094 ft
United States

JeanbHarmon Posted at 8-29 20:22
But you need to remove the sd card back and forth every time.
I really care that the small spring that connect the SD card to the drone breaks at some point.
I also do not get why the drone should be turned on before being identified by my PC as an external drive?

Hi Jean,

I also am concerned about the wear and tear on that tiny spring!  I think the spring issue is of more concern than draining the battery during file transfer.  Look at it this way: the battery is only under heavy usage while the drone is in flight.  It takes very minimal power to turn on the drone for a few minutes of file transfer.  Without the motors running, battery drain will be negligible.
2021-10-19
Use props
djiuser_JgAytWnPvts2
New

United Kingdom

Hi. Is there a way getting pictures and videos from FPV straight to my iPhone? Thanks
2022-3-12
Use props
Shinigami_Will
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53786 ft
Ecuador

I need write the serial number of the vision module in the E1E Core Board internal storage. I have dji FPV. how I do it?
2022-4-26
Use props
LettaYung
lvl.1

Ukraine

You can use - MacDroid. Read this article: https://www.macdroid.app/connect-xiaomi-to-mac/
2022-10-26
Use props
Porktree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_JgAytWnPvts2 Posted at 3-12 14:53
Hi. Is there a way getting pictures and videos from FPV straight to my iPhone? Thanks

There are a ton of SD to iPhone adaptors on Amazon, from $10 up.  I carry one of these in my bag for some quick and dirty editing/uploading.  
2022-10-26
Use props
djiuser_GS3OHT2nkWbZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73960 ft

United States

DAFlys Posted at 2021-3-15 01:10
I prefer to remove the SD card from the drone,  saves having it drain the batteries unnecessarily.

I cannot get the damn sd card out. its so small. dumb design on this.
2023-6-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_GS3OHT2nkWbZ Posted at 6-11 17:57
I cannot get the damn sd card out. its so small. dumb design on this.

Same here,    I made a little eject tool for mine.

2023-6-12
Use props
djiuser_GS3OHT2nkWbZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73960 ft

United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-12 23:53
Same here,    I made a little eject tool for mine.

[view_image]

Awesome. So I hate to admit it but it was me. I didn't know you had to push it first. LOL

Sure is way better to use the card. I can easily handle more space and easy to transfer.

Now I have to find a easy editing software.
2023-6-13
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_GS3OHT2nkWbZ Posted at 6-13 14:43
Awesome. So I hate to admit it but it was me. I didn't know you had to push it first. LOL

Sure is way better to use the card. I can easily handle more space and easy to transfer.

I will always recommend Davinci Resolve but since you said "easy" that probably means CapCut.
2023-6-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_GS3OHT2nkWbZ Posted at 6-13 14:43

Oops,  yes that would be a real problem.  
2023-6-13
Use props
fanse543f211
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_4JgCICHp8WRq Posted at 2021-3-19 13:38
If you have an RC controller, does the video play back alright there? Answer should be yes.
If you are recording in 4K, you will need a computer that will play and display in 4K.  If your computer doesn't have 4K capability, it will be catchy, start-stop and might not run smoothly because it isn't meant to display 4K video.  It can display photos,  but videos will be hit and miss at best.
You might try something to test this theory by recording in a lower resolution when flying, download it and then see how it comes out on the computer.
3-17 16:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules